User Tag List

Page 586 of 966 FirstFirst ... 86 486 536 576 584 585 586 587 588 596 636 686 ... LastLast
Results 8,776 to 8,790 of 14482
Like Tree18432Likes

Thread: Safeway's Sweet AirMiles Deals

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by emax View Post
    While I'm doing screen shots of the airmiles.ca website, here's an interesting blurb at the top of their Contact Us page:

Attachment 203041

When I read about a "special employee meeting" to be held on a Thursday near the end of the month in the 4th quarter -- sounds like mass layoffs to me.

Either that or they're giving everyone huge Christmas bonuses with all the extra revenue they gouged from their loyal members.

But I'm betting on the former....
    Yup tonight i am going to go use up my airmiles.. To me that is a bit foreboding!
    operabob likes this.
    Swagbucks, Earn 30 - $50 a month in surveys plus cash backs on your spending. You have to work at it, but it is WORTH it and it can help you buy some Christmas presents for free with Amazon gift cards or paypal payments. Referral link http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/cheekysaver

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Bob you forgot something on your message to cbc... The kickback they get from customers ordering online hotel rooms. They didn't just take 35.5% of our airmiles value... they made sure they got paid to do it with that kickback. We purchased those dang airmiles... they are ours when we purchase them... we own them... In my opinion, you STOLE from us!!! In my opinion, you continue to steal from us and you make sure to get kickbacks for the deed. Anything that comes next is a product of your own greed.
    operabob and 4sure5 like this.
    Swagbucks, Earn 30 - $50 a month in surveys plus cash backs on your spending. You have to work at it, but it is WORTH it and it can help you buy some Christmas presents for free with Amazon gift cards or paypal payments. Referral link http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/cheekysaver

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

While I'm doing screen shots of the airmiles.ca website, here's an interesting blurb at the top of their Contact Us page:

Attachment 203041

When I read about a "special employee meeting" to be held on a Thursday near the end of the month in the 4th quarter -- sounds like mass layoffs to me.

Either that or they're giving everyone huge Christmas bonuses with all the extra revenue they gouged from their loyal members.

But I'm betting on the former....
    It is not the first time they have "special employee meeting".
    operabob likes this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Bob you forgot something on your message to cbc... The kickback they get from customers ordering online hotel rooms. They didn't just take 35.5% of our airmiles value... they made sure they got paid to do it with that kickback. We purchased those dang airmiles... they are ours when we purchase them... we own them... In my opinion, you STOLE from us!!! In my opinion, you continue to steal from us and you make sure to get kickbacks for the deed. Anything that comes next is a product of your own greed.
    Yeah, I realized it just after I hit submit but I'll include in the official letter.

Being a healthy paranoiac perhaps the meeting is to prepare them for the onslaught of the AMies! But I wouldn't rush to cash in. They usually give a couple of weeks notice of major practices changes.
    4sure5 likes this.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Feel free to pile on as the more people who do the more likely they'll take notice. (A lot of people knock the CBC but nobody does shows like Marketplace better because they don't have to worry about pleasing advertisers first. I miss Ginny Lee and the Money Show):

http://www.cbc.ca/marketplace/blog/whats-canadas-dumbest-charge
    Last edited by operabob; Mon, Nov 25th, 2013 at 03:01 PM.
    VEGAS PILGRIM and 4sure5 like this.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

When I say anything that comes there way they have earned I want to clarify... i am talking about when the government is done with them and the massive loss of consumer confidence to follow.

I might give my opinion, write letters and give my tell me how you really feel version on youtube and being one hell of a squeaky wheel that helps other airmiles account holders much more then it will help me. That will be as far as I will take it. (although I do think it would be funny if people were to pickett in front of airmiles related businesses. LOL what a shame... I have the silk screen equipment for the signage... and no energy to use it.)
    operabob, 4sure5 and L-M like this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

although I do think it would be funny if people were to pickett in front of airmiles related businesses.
    AMies of the World Unite!
    cheekysaver, 4sure5 and L-M like this.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by operabob View Post
    AMies of the World Unite!
    What can i say... deleting my comments on their fb page threw gasoline on the fire.
    operabob and 4sure5 like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by a_1_a View Post
    It is not the first time they have "special employee meeting".
    Hey! Maybe the employee meeting is to plan for a huge Black Friday sale on airmiles! Instead of the regular 30c per airmile they're going to let us stock up for only 23c each. </sarcasm mode off>

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Hey! Maybe the employee meeting is to plan for a huge Black Friday sale on airmiles! Instead of the regular 30c per airmile they're going to let us stock up for only 23c each. </sarcasm mode off>
    They may do that and just because we are a special loyal group they may even toss on further loyalty fees.... maybe they are aiming to rip us of by 50% by years end!
    operabob likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

For the $100for100AM that they have, is it $100 before or after manufacturers coupons? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    operabob and cheekysaver like this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

For the $100for100AM that they have, is it $100 before or after manufacturers coupons? Thanks.
    After, although it shouldn't matter as they get the money!
    cheekysaver likes this.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Could anyone remind me what the limit is for bonus point deals? I always forget! I know it's daily.
    operabob and LIVE SIMPLE like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I finally picked up the last of my toilet paper / paper towel / tissue from Safeway last week, and managed to get a picture of most of it. Some of it was already distributed throughout the house, though, so it is missing one tissue, one paper towel, and 2 TP bundles! You can see one package of Kleenex tissues in the pile too, because I bought those the day before I heard about the sale!

This is $500 in paper products, or 3525 or so Airmiles.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Could anyone remind me what the limit is for bonus point deals? I always forget! I know it's daily.
    10 multiples or 500 AMs per day on any one particular offer whichever comes first.

Ways around the limit are to have a second club card and I believe some people say shopping at a different store the same day works.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Thread Information