User Tag List

Page 607 of 966 FirstFirst ... 107 507 557 597 605 606 607 608 609 617 657 707 ... LastLast
Results 9,091 to 9,105 of 14482
Like Tree18432Likes

Thread: Safeway's Sweet AirMiles Deals

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

$1.67/KG or $1.32/750g vs, Green Giant $2.50/1.45.
    cheekysaver, 4sure5 and nessa23 like this.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Winnipeg Airmiler
    Trading Score
    215 (100%)

I have had no air miles from Safeway added to my account since November 30. Anyone else having this same issue?
    operabob likes this.

Winnipeg Airmiler
    Trading Score
    215 (100%)

I have had no air miles from Safeway added to my account since November 30. Anyone else having this same issue?
    operabob and cheekysaver like this.

Daddy-O
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The Green Giant is a very good food bank item. Here's the math (numbers are for Alberta)

Purchase 40 bags of Green Giant veggies. Out of pocket cost = $100

Donate with receipt to local food bank, get donation receipt for $100. Assuming you've donated at least $200 elsewhere in the year, worth approx $50 back in tax.

40 bags = 8 groups of 5, veggies are on B5G50AM = 400AM
    Use spend $100 get 200AM coupon = 200AM
    Base AM=5
    Total AM= 605 *0.105= $63.53
    Net, you get paid $13.53!

Now, don't get me wrong, between the time and likely gas costs to run to safeway and the food bank, you're likely to spend that $13.53 pretty quickly, but I always love these deals to be able to give food (and GOOD food, not crap) to the food bank at basically no cost to me.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

No problem here.
    cheekysaver likes this.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    60 (100%)

OB - do you have the link to the original FB coupon? I can't seem to see it on the Safeway FB page and I can't get a clear shot of it . Do you know how many of the veggies you can buy with the coupon - is it just 3? Or can you buy multiples? Thanks

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

OB - do you have the link to the original FB coupon? I can't seem to see it on the Safeway FB page and I can't get a clear shot of it . Do you know how many of the veggies you can buy with the coupon - is it just 3? Or can you buy multiples? Thanks

Pop,

Just right click the coupon posted above, select Copy image, and paste it into your word processing program and print that.

Or,

If using Firefox, highlight the coupon image, hit the "firefox" tab at the upper left, select "print" then select "selection" followed by "print".
    Last edited by operabob; Sat, Dec 21st, 2013 at 04:29 PM.
    cheekysaver and 4sure5 like this.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

coley3, cheekysaver and 4sure5 like this.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Winnipeg Airmiler
    Trading Score
    215 (100%)

So we are part of the elite program for Safeway. I have been told by one of the manager's that they have gotten rid of the program. Anyone else heard that?

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

What was the elite program?
    cheekysaver likes this.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

There was a elite program? LOL
    operabob and LIVE SIMPLE like this.
    Swagbucks, Earn 30 - $50 a month in surveys plus cash backs on your spending. You have to work at it, but it is WORTH it and it can help you buy some Christmas presents for free with Amazon gift cards or paypal payments. Referral link http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/cheekysaver

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Interesting.

Local

Winnipeg Free Press - PRINT EDITION
    Frequent grocery fliers get 'elite' status

Safeway launches perks program for top customers

By: Geoff Kirbyson
    Posted: 07/3/2011 1:00 AM | Comments: 19

[IMG]http://media.winnipegfreepress.com/images/240*160/3250942.jpg[/IMG] Enlarge Image
    John Woods / Winnipeg Free Press Greg Warner, a Safeway manager, shows a new customer-loyalty program. (JOHN WOODS)

If it can work for airlines, it can work for grocery stores.
    That's the rationale behind the latest customer-retention initiative from Canada Safeway, which quietly launched its SafewayClub Elite Customer program last month.
    Shoppers who exceed $125 in weekly spending over the previous six months qualify for it, which comes with a number of perks, including an additional nickel-per-litre discount off gasoline, 10 per cent off roses and deli sandwiches, cash back up to $300, refunds without receipts and the store manager's cellphone number. Customers who may be on the cusp of the $125 threshold can be added to the club when their profiles are updated every three months.
    "The program recognizes our very best customers similar to those that may use a hotel, airline or car rental company with great frequency," said John Graham, Safeway's director of public affairs, noting as far as Safeway can tell, its frequent-shopper program is the first of its kind for grocery stores in North America.
    Graham said elite shoppers can use the manager's phone number to ensure the service they're looking for is delivered 100 per cent of the time.
    "If there's ever a question about a product or one that you'd like to see brought in or a last-minute cake order that you'd like to make, we want you to have easy access to the management of your Safeway store to ensure we always meet or exceed your expectations," he said.
    John Winter, a Toronto-based retail analyst, said this kind of customer-loyalty initiative has proven to be very effective with many airlines, and he expects it will be "enormously" successful for Safeway in retaining its current customers and attracting new ones to its stores.
    "That's what it's all about, making your customers feel good when they've spent a lot of money in your store so they get a little bonus. Safeway is offering some interesting things, especially the manager's phone number. That doesn't cost them anything," he said.
    Winter said retailers of all kinds are increasingly pulling out all the stops to retain their current customers because it is far cheaper to keep them in the fold than to attract new ones.
    Graham agreed. He said this will be the first of several programs Safeway launches in the coming months designed to build customer loyalty.
    "We're in a competitive business. We believe this program is an important way for us to differentiate ourselves from our competition. We recognize that shoppers have a lot of grocery options. We think we're building a strong offering," he said.
    Safeway's main competitor in the high-end grocery business, Sobeys, has a different kind of reward program, according to Andrew Walker, its vice-president of communications. Shoppers there receive one point for every dollar spent and once they've built up a significant number of points, they can be redeemed for money off their grocery bill, converted into points for Air Canada's Aeroplan program, cashed in for items out of its reward catalogue or donated to charities, such as the Winnipeg Harvest food bank.
    [email protected]
    cheekysaver likes this.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

I knew there was this elite program but since it didn't really offer anything. That I was interested in. I didn't mentioned. But it was like 2 years ago and I am not sure they still do it. How would you know anyway? They didn't seem to tell anyone. Plus I don't know of any of us that got the managers phone number. I have friends that work at Safeway so they keep me in the loop. If there is anything that they have been told. I often find Bob knows more than the staff members.
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/PinkSapphire. Click to get FREE Giftcards just for searching the web. It is so easy.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

i think someone mentioned this last year (and I can't guarantee it for this) but didn't Safeway put all it's meats on for 50% off at the end of the day Christmas Eve.

Is closing 4:00?
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

LOL now that might be worth while!

I wish i could give it a try but I will be helping my mom... cause ... i love her and christmas is so much work... tomorrow we are pealing the potatoes and putting them in water and cutting up all the stuff for trays and cutting the veggies for steaming and laying out all the cookies and treats... then we can kick back and relax over christmas.
    operabob, LIVE SIMPLE and 4sure5 like this.
    Swagbucks, Earn 30 - $50 a month in surveys plus cash backs on your spending. You have to work at it, but it is WORTH it and it can help you buy some Christmas presents for free with Amazon gift cards or paypal payments. Referral link http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/cheekysaver

Thread Information