User Tag List

Page 614 of 966 FirstFirst ... 114 514 564 604 612 613 614 615 616 624 664 714 ... LastLast
Results 9,196 to 9,210 of 14482
Like Tree18432Likes

Thread: Safeway's Sweet AirMiles Deals

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Thanks Vegas,

Will be keeping a low profile coming up for about 3 weeks I'll be staying away from Florida movie theatres.

Well we've had lots of others piping in with "positive" posting supporting our position but it is amazing that the current 2 negative posters can't see we're campaigning on their behalves. They can't see they're being taken advantage of. They also don't seem to realize participant sponsors mostly boost prices to cover the cost of the AMs that with all that's happened recently are worth half that of the past. Then again I'm preaching to a knowledgeable audience here. LOL!
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by operabob View Post
    Thanks Vegas,

Will be keeping a low profile coming up for about 3 weeks I'll be staying away from Florida movie theatres.

Well we've had lots of others piping in with "positive" posting supporting our position but it is amazing that the current 2 negative posters can't see we're campaigning on their behalves. They can't see they're being taken advantage of. They also don't seem to realize participant sponsors mostly boost prices to cover the cost of the AMs that with all that's happened recently are worth half that of the past. Then again I'm preaching to a knowledgeable audience here. LOL!
    Yes, it does feel a bit like flogging a dead horse on the airmiles facebook page doesn't it. I'm sure we're annoying some members (no one likes to hear their 'club' criticized). But enough other people seem to thankful for the info we provide.

I'm not posting there to piss anyone off, or to get likes. I'm doing it to send a message to Airmiles management that they need to pick up their game. Unfortunately to get on their radar apparently you have to be a squeaky wheel.

Either way, I'm not stopping anytime soon. Otherwise, as they say, the terrorists win.
    operabob likes this.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

The savings are SOOOOOOOOOOO great at other stores that safeway doesn't stand a chance right now. A little birdy told me competition is just starting to get amped up... there are some good things coming
    Swagbucks, Earn 30 - $50 a month in surveys plus cash backs on your spending. You have to work at it, but it is WORTH it and it can help you buy some Christmas presents for free with Amazon gift cards or paypal payments. Referral link http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/cheekysaver

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Well, let's hope Safeway picks up its game!
    cheekysaver likes this.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I sure hope so... their parking lots have very few cars and the others are jam packed to the rafters... that tells us a great deal. We are not the only ones unhappy.
    operabob and 4sure5 like this.
    Swagbucks, Earn 30 - $50 a month in surveys plus cash backs on your spending. You have to work at it, but it is WORTH it and it can help you buy some Christmas presents for free with Amazon gift cards or paypal payments. Referral link http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/cheekysaver

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hope you post that!
    I DID post it yesterday, but my comment is gone today. I guess I'll have to repost it.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

New flyer not available yet.

Unfortunately I'll be out of action for a couple weeks so hopefully some of you can figure out the analysis for us.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Well, let's hope Safeway picks up its game!
    Fingers crossed

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

New flyer not available yet.

Unfortunately I'll be out of action for a couple weeks so hopefully some of you can figure out the analysis for us.
    I hope you have a blast while your out of action! There are plenty of us hooligans to help out while your gone.
    operabob and 4sure5 like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by cheekysaver View Post
    There are plenty of us hooligans to help out while your gone.
    Hoolligans?? I resent that remark! I've never watched a soccer game in my life!!

Now I have been called a degenerate gambler once or twice in my life. My response is consistent and accurate: only one half of that phrase is correct.

Seriously OB, have a great time wherever your travels take you, and keep the laces on those dancing shoes tied tight!!
    operabob, 4sure5 and Lavender Lady like this.
    I use DropBox to store my Las Vegas pictures, books, etc., online. It works on every device/computer that I use, and gives you 2.0GB of storage for FREE. Use the link below, sign up, and you and I will both get an EXTRA 500MB of storage, for FREE.
    https://db.tt/UXGIw4Ke

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by VEGAS PILGRIM View Post
    Hoolligans?? I resent that remark! I've never watched a soccer game in my life!!

Now I have been called a degenerate gambler once or twice in my life. My response is consistent and accurate: only one half of that phrase is correct.

Seriously OB, have a great time wherever your travels take you, and keep the laces on those dancing shoes tied tight!!
    Ok fine.. I will be theeeee hooligan! LOL I have handled a ball or 2 in my time and even attended some games (hockey is still better)
    operabob and jezz like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by cheekysaver View Post
    LOL I have handled a ball or 2 in my time
    TMI Cheeky, TMI.... ;-)
    operabob likes this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

OK, this one is especially for Bob, in case you miss it on the Airmiles Facebook page. I channeled my inner Hemingway and posted this little item:
    --------------------------

@Airmiles: Since you brought up "recent program changes" as a reason for complaints, let's look into that.

Other members, please read this little story -- ask yourself if this sounds ethical to you:

Starbucks launches a new 'preferred customer' program. For every coffee you buy you earn a point. When you earn 10 points they give you a free coffee. Sounds good. Yes Starbucks is a little more expensive but who doesn't like a free gift once in a while - it's a nice perk (pun intended).

Normally you buy coffee at any of a half-dozen shops in the area but you decide to commit to going only to Starbucks to earn their points (which of course is what they hope you'll do).

After a couple of weeks of going to Starbucks you figure "hey I'm probably due for my free coffee by now". You go in and present your card at the counter. The barista runs it thru the reader and announces "sorry, you only have 5 points".

"How can that be?" you ask. "I've come here at least ten times in the past couple of weeks."

She explains that a few days ago they instituted a new policy where any points older than a week are expired. You are not impressed but stick with the program since maybe you could do ten coffees a week, just to get your free one. Over the next couple of days you make a point of buying 5 coffees, then go in to get your freebie.

The barista confirms you have 10 points and makes your coffee. You walk to the end of the counter to pick it up, but there's a long line of people ahead of you. A really long line. They are all waiting for the cashier who is struggling with a 1970s vintage cash register that is slowing everything down. You feel sorry for her, but meanwhile your coffee is sitting there getting cold. Finally it's your turn and you reach for your coffee, saying "this is my free one".

"That will be $3 please" she says.

"I thought the coffee was supposed to be free" you ask, getting more annoyed now.

"It is free", she answers, "but we have to add a surcharge for the cup - paper costs are going up".

"But the coffee shop across the street can sell me a coffee for $2.95. How can that be?"

She explains that Starbucks has to prepurchase their coffee beans using futures contracts on the commodity exchange to handle the currency fluctuation spread between dollars and pesos and because of the arbitrage costs it locks in the price of the coffee beans.

You look at her glass-eyed. No clue what she just said.

"Just give me the coffee" you stammer, completely frustrated. You hand her your credit card -- at least you can earn points on that.

"Sorry but we don't accept credit cards anymore". She points to the 1970s cash register. "In response to our customers requests we are now happy to announce we only accept cash."

You walk out the door, leaving your "free" coffee on the counter, and go home and bring up Starbuck's facebook page and start posting...
    operabob, engo, coley3 and 8 others like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    132 (100%)

Well, I think I am just about done being an air miles collector. After draining my dream balance for a flight this summer I activated my cash rewards. Seeing how terrible the offers at Safeway were getting I just wasn't collecting like I used to, the taxes on air miles flights are atrocious when comparing the same flight booked with my rbc avion visa. (Never again will I have an account with BMO, so there goes the 25% discount AM flights). I figured the best way was knowing that my lower valued/lowered collection of air miles could be easily cashed out for gift cards. (I usually do shoppers cards, and earn lots of optimum points).

I have just sent in 5 requests for missing air miles, 400 total. I received several emails saying I would get 25 bonus for a cash rewards transaction. 1 out of 5 was credited. I had a rain cheque for Safeway tp for the sale price of 4.99, 50AM wub2. 300 am was written up in the book sept 27...it has been 111 days and still nothing. Thought I would send in a request since they usually take 2 weeks to get back, surprisingly I get a response back within hours

"Since this was a Bonus Offer and you made the purchase on September 27, 2013. Safeway has up till January 27, 2014 to post the Bonus miles to your Account.

If the posting time passes, Canada Safeway has requested if you have not received your reward miles; please contact them directly at 1-800-SAFEWAY (723-3929). One of their Representatives will be happy to assist you with your inquiry"

Actually 120 days is January 25, and I never knew I had to go back and contact the original merchant...shouldn't they be dealing with Safeway!? Good thing I kept both the flyers with the sale price and bonus offers, photo copied my receipt, and took a picture of the write up in the customer service book...somehow I missed copying my rain cheque. This is way too much hassle for very little reward. Once those 400 get added to my account, I can cash out for $50 gift card and I'm done.
    operabob, coley3 and L-M like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Something's deserve a Love Button. Awesome story Emax-ingway!

Thread Information