User Tag List

Page 835 of 966 FirstFirst ... 335 735 785 825 833 834 835 836 837 845 885 935 ... LastLast
Results 12,511 to 12,525 of 14482
Like Tree18432Likes

Thread: Safeway's Sweet AirMiles Deals

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Here's the CBC link for those of you wsho don't use Private Browsing and don't wish to use up your Globe and Mail monthly visits:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/clas...ards-1.3764526
    I see in today's paper the proposed lawsuit is calling for a cash award for cancelled AirMiles. We know that they are really only worth $0.105/AM but Airmiles charges $0.30/AM to buy. Hopefully the courts will use AirMiles own stated valuation! ;-)
    VEGAS PILGRIM likes this.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I do receive random offers via email from airmails so i assume that i am signed up, but they seldom are anything more than offers like "receive 2X the airmails when you gas up with shell" that kind of thing, I have never in my life recieved any emails offering bonus airmails when i spend a certain amount on my m/c. The credit card i have is a BMO Elite master card with airmails, with which i receive 1 airmail for every 10.00 spent. I am in the market for another credit card for a back up card, and would love any advise as to which cards have good perks but no annual fee if anyone has any advice I would love to hear it.

Quote Originally Posted by operabob View Post
    albi,

Have you signed up to receive emails from Airmiles and also have a BMO Airmiles credit card? We used to get these offers from AMEX Airmiles CCs too heading in to the XMAS season..
    operabob, dededi and Davetherave like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by albianne View Post
    I do receive random offers via email from airmails so i assume that i am signed up, but they seldom are anything more than offers like "receive 2X the airmails when you gas up with shell" that kind of thing, I have never in my life recieved any emails offering bonus airmails when i spend a certain amount on my m/c. The credit card i have is a BMO Elite master card with airmails, with which i receive 1 airmail for every 10.00 spent. I am in the market for another credit card for a back up card, and would love any advise as to which cards have good perks but no annual fee if anyone has any advice I would love to hear it.
    Maybe you need to get an AirMiles credit card!

Ron.
    Last edited by RonBC; Sat, Sep 17th, 2016 at 02:47 PM.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

albi,

I am in the market for another credit card for a back up card, and would love any advise as to which cards have good perks but no annual fee if anyone has any advice I would love to hear it.
    You can get an 800 AM bonus on a no fee Mastercard here:

https://www.bmo.com/main/personal/cr...es-mastercard#

Or, a 500 AM bonus signing up for a no fee AMEX card:

https://www.americanexpress.com/ca/en/content/air-miles-credit-card/

Last edited by operabob; Sat, Sep 17th, 2016 at 03:08 PM.
    Newfiescreech likes this.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by albianne View Post
    My guess is that your spending so much on the card already that they have no reason to try to get you to spend more...
    operabob likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by WestcoastMom View Post
    Earlier in the year I bought a lotto ticket at an official Lotto Kiosk with my BMO AirMiles credit card and was charged a cash advance fee of a few bucks for the purchase. BMO told me that all lottery now counts as cash advance. I rarely buy lottery anyway, but now I definitely don't. Unless I have cash on me.
    I am surprised that an official Lotto Kiosk would let you buy lottery ticket using credit card. I thought they only accept cash. Is it a stand alone kiosk(i.e. only sells lottery tickets) or part of a store that sells other things too?
    If you go to any gas station that sells lottery tickets, you won't be charged as cash advance for using CC to buy lottery tickets. But it will be treated as category of gas purchase.

99% of CCs charge cash advance fee for buying lottery tickets unless the merchant also sells other things too(i.e. gas stations).

I have posted the following way to use CC for buying lottery tickets in the prev. page:
    The best place to buy lottery is at Petro Can stations where you can get 20 points for every $1 spent. It is worth at least 1 %. Plus you can earn reward on your CC which is considered gas purchase if you can get more reward for gas spending on some CCs. You can get more Petro points if you have a HBC reward card which everyone can get one for free, CAA card from BC or Ont, SPC card(anyone can buy one on Petro can website even though it is for students). If you can combine HBC, CAA, SPC cards with Petro points, then the reward would be about 2% + your CC reward.
    if you don't want to go to Petro can station or it is not close to you to buy lottery, then buy some SDM gift cards from Petro Can stations to earn the same amt of Petro points and use the SDM gift cards to buy lottery or every else you normally buy from SDM.
    Last edited by a_1_a; Sat, Sep 17th, 2016 at 07:58 PM.
    operabob, VEGAS PILGRIM and dededi like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by operabob View Post
    What got me is there's no notice from them that you have to pay the cash advance fee. They just let you find out after the fact.
    This fee should be part of the 'fine print' for each CC. Most people don't read everything in the term & conditions or fee charges when they receive their CCs.
    operabob and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by a_1_a View Post
    I am surprised that an official Lotto Kiosk would let you buy lottery ticket using credit card. I thought they only accept cash. Is it a stand alone kiosk(i.e. only sells lottery tickets) or part of a store that sells other things too?
    If you go to any gas station that sells lottery tickets, you won't be charged as cash advance for using CC to buy lottery tickets. But it will be treated as category of gas purchase.

99% of CCs charge cash advance fee for buying lottery tickets unless the merchant also sells other things too(i.e. gas stations).

I have posted the following way to use CC for buying lottery tickets in the prev. page:
    The best place to buy lottery is at Petro Can stations where you can get 20 points for every $1 spent. It is worth at least 1 %. Plus you can earn reward on your CC which is considered gas purchase if you can get more reward for gas spending on some CCs. You can get more Petro points if you have a HBC reward card which everyone can get one for free, CAA card from BC or Ont, SPC card(anyone can buy one on Petro can website even though it is for students). If you can combine HBC, CAA, SPC cards with Petro points, then the reward would be about 2% + your CC reward.
    if you don't want to go to Petro can station or it is not close to you to buy lottery, then buy some SDM gift cards from Petro Can stations to earn the same amt of Petro points and use the SDM gift cards to buy lottery or every else you normally buy from SDM.
    Not an expert on this, but I'd guess it depends on how it gets processed by the cashier...credit card transaction comes through--said groceries, and no extra fees .

Sidetracking things a bit--WalMart is threatening to stop accepting VISA in MB soon. Since I live where it all started last month, odds are VISA will try to fight back there as well--best deal I saw was if you spent 75$ at a grocery store using your VISA card, you received a $25 VISA e gift card. Not Air Miles, but still pretty good value. Reason I bring it up was that you didn't have to buy groceries--I bought a Brita system at Metro to get my purchase!!

One more AM related item to close up the day (and week)--discovered my "Cash Balance AM" is not available @ Safeway--doesn't show up at all on their system (Probably because of the oddball situation with Metro and Safeway in NWO)!! Anyway, no big deal--will give me something to rant at them about!!
    Newfiescreech, operabob and dededi like this.
    I use DropBox to store my Las Vegas pictures, books, etc., online. It works on every device/computer that I use, and gives you 2.0GB of storage for FREE. Use the link below, sign up, and you and I will both get an EXTRA 500MB of storage, for FREE.
    https://db.tt/UXGIw4Ke

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by RonBC View Post
    Maybe you need to get an AirMiles credit card!

Ron.

Hahaha, OMG I never even saw my typo's
    , guess I was typing too fast and not proofreading, sorry my bad
    operabob and dededi like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

That is exactly what I was thinking too, I use the card a lot and I pay it completely off every month so they never get a chance to charge me interest. Now, here I was thinking I was a stellar customer but maybe I am wrong, lol. I hate that i feel like I am being penalized for already using the card a lot, I guess they have no reason to try and woo me with bonus offers because they know we already use it a lot.
    operabob, Lavender Lady and dededi like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by VEGAS PILGRIM View Post
    Not an expert on this, but I'd guess it depends on how it gets processed by the cashier...credit card transaction comes through--said groceries, and no extra fees .

Sidetracking things a bit--WalMart is threatening to stop accepting VISA in MB soon. Since I live where it all started last month, odds are VISA will try to fight back there as well--best deal I saw was if you spent 75$ at a grocery store using your VISA card, you received a $25 VISA e gift card. Not Air Miles, but still pretty good value. Reason I bring it up was that you didn't have to buy groceries--I bought a Brita system at Metro to get my purchase!!

One more AM related item to close up the day (and week)--discovered my "Cash Balance AM" is not available @ Safeway--doesn't show up at all on their system (Probably because of the oddball situation with Metro and Safeway in NWO)!! Anyway, no big deal--will give me something to rant at them about!!
    A cashier can not choose what kind of transaction to be processed by the CC and there is nothing to do with what you buy at a merchant. It is determined by how the merchant's credit card payment processing system is set up. if a merchant is set up as non grocery or gas business(i.e. Costco stores in Canada), then even grocery purchases at the business will be processed as non grocery purchases. But if a store is set up as grocery(i.e. RCSS) or gas merchant(i.e. Petro Can), then everything purchased in the merchant will be processed as grocery or gas purchase, even for non grocery or gas purchase.
    Last edited by a_1_a; Mon, Sep 19th, 2016 at 11:51 AM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    199 (100%)

Any heads up on the airmile bonus offers for Friday's Safeway flyer? TIA.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

They are just as poor as this week they have $95 spend get 95 miles on again there is no airmiles offers that are even worth bothering it's getting worse each week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    operabob and Lavender Lady like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    199 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kenzie12 View Post
    They are just as poor as this week they have $95 spend get 95 miles on again there is no airmiles offers that are even worth bothering it's getting worse each week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Oh boo! I was starting to get excited about Safeway again...thanks for letting us know.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

plc
    Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    15 (100%)

I received personal offers from airmiles in the mail and online for Safeway. So you might want to check yours.

Thread Information