User Tag List

Page 838 of 966 FirstFirst ... 338 738 788 828 836 837 838 839 840 848 888 938 ... LastLast
Results 12,556 to 12,570 of 14482
Like Tree18432Likes

Thread: Safeway's Sweet AirMiles Deals

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

You do have to pay taxes on the cash sale items you purchase from Air Miles.
    Hmm, don't recall paying tax on the watch. Will have to go back and check.

Just checked. Price shown on the watch included tax on the shipping invoice they sent me.
    Last edited by operabob; Sat, Sep 24th, 2016 at 02:12 AM.
    Lavender Lady and dededi like this.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by operabob View Post
    Hmm, don't recall paying tax on the watch. Will have to go back and check.

Just checked. Price shown on the watch included tax on the shipping invoice they sent me.

Hmm.. weird. Maybe an error?

From the site..
    "Why do I pay tax on rewards?Federal goods and services tax and provincial sales taxes (determined by the province to which you are shipping the order) apply only to the portion of your payment that you pay in cash."

When I put the watch in my cart...

Thomas Sabo Rebel Race Men's Watch 1
    N/A
    $171.00

Shipping

SUBTOTAL
    N/A
    $171.00

+ GST
    $8.55

+ PST
    $11.97

TOTAL
    N/A
    $191.52

Ron.
    Last edited by RonBC; Sat, Sep 24th, 2016 at 11:51 AM.
    operabob and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Maybe what Airmiles sent me only shows their retail price and what I'll see when my statement arrives will include the tax.
    engo and dededi like this.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Airmiles could certainly learn something from the outstanding Customer Service from companies like Starbuck's.

Any time I've had to contact them it is always a personal reply. No form responses.

They have a 3 day window to get your free drink on your birthday. I contacted them to say I'd be away at the time. Here's the response:

First of all Happy Birthday! I am so sorry that you will not be able to redeem your birthday Reward since you will be on a cruise during the week of your birthday! Even though I am envious of you I can certainly understand how disappointing it would be not to be able to enjoy your special day. I have added 125 Stars to your account to redeem for a Star Reward so you can have longer to redeem as a customer service gesture, but it can take up to 24 hours until they appear. Once you earn 125 Stars you can redeem them for a Star Reward at a participating store.

Just let your barista know you would like to redeem your Stars and present your registered Starbucks Card or Starbucks Mobile app.

We will always apply the oldest Stars towards your Star Reward.
    Take note Airmiles!
    engo, cookiemonster, plc and 4 others like this.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

If anyone goes to the dinner and has a chance to give feedback, please tell them their flight search engine sucks! It's slower than molasses and you can only search for single dates, and if it's sold out for either direction it doesn't tell you which way is sold out.
    operabob, engo and dededi like this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lavender Lady View Post
    Ok, got it. It doesn't say which theatre in Calgary. Seeing as it's next week, I hope they email the tickets. If they mail them, I'm out 1 airmile!!
    Quote Originally Posted by RonBC View Post
    This reward includes:
    Two (2) Advance movie screening tickets on Thursday, September 29, 2016 at 07:00 PM
    Chinook, Calgary

They have been emailing them recently.

Ron.
    @Lavender Lady , I ordered this last week and got an email confirmation today (Sept 27) that my package has been shipped via regular post. Seeing as the Calgary screening is in 2 days (Sept 29), I don't think it'll get here in time. Looks like I'm out 1 airmile. How about you?
    operabob and Lavender Lady like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    199 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lorken View Post
    @Lavender Lady , I ordered this last week and got an email confirmation today (Sept 27) that my package has been shipped via regular post. Seeing as the Calgary screening is in 2 days (Sept 29), I don't think it'll get here in time. Looks like I'm out 1 airmile. How about you?
    Same thing! When it doesnt arrive in time I'm going to ask for some good will airmiles to make up for not getting it in time 😀

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Same thing! When it doesnt arrive in time I'm going to ask for some good will airmiles to make up for not getting it in time 

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by lorken View Post
    @Lavender Lady, I ordered this last week and got an email confirmation today (Sept 27) that my package has been shipped via regular post. Seeing as the Calgary screening is in 2 days (Sept 29), I don't think it'll get here in time. Looks like I'm out 1 airmile. How about you?

Same.. I'm still expecting to get an email.. the shipping was probably just to mark it on their side.

Ron.
    operabob likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I received the shipping notice this morning as well, and then the tickets arrived via email about 90 minutes ago. Check your emails!
    operabob likes this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Update: I contacted an Air Miles rep using the Chat feature on their website, and the rep told me these items are supposed to be sent via email. When I sent her a copy of the confirmation email saying it was to be delivered via Canada Post she was surprised, and said she would contact the rewards dept and have them resend it to me via email. That was 6 hours ago, and no email yet. Will keep checking.
    operabob likes this.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

The last movie said snail mail too but arrived via email.

As usual CS at Airmiles doesn't include editing of form emails.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

This is the 3rd offer I have done. Each time they say it's coming by Canada Post and it arrives by email.
    operabob and lorken like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    199 (100%)

Well I am not impressed. The Thu nite showing of Mastermind in Calgary has been changed to Wed nite and at a different theatre. I wasted my airmile :-( LOL as I am already busy.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Well I am not impressed. The Thu nite showing of Mastermind in Calgary has been changed to Wed nite and at a different theatre. I wasted my airmile :-( LOL as I am already busy.
    Oh no, I'm so glad you mentioned that! I just checked mine and it says Wednesday the 28th as well And my husband is busy that night of course.
    operabob and Lavender Lady like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

They messed up on the date.. They say it was due to 'unforeseen circumstances' the date has changed. I have a pass from another source for the screening in Vancouver, the date has always been Sep 28.

Ron.

Thread Information