User Tag List

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Last month The Source had some amazing printer deals.

HP Photosmart All In One Printers Reg $129, on sale for $29.

Well, I thought this would be a great deal for my kids especially with one going away to school.

Just tried setting them up today. Both have major issues (eg: Printer #1: ink carriage slamming back and forth like it's gonna break right out of the printer. Jams to the right so ink cartridge cannot be installed. Printer #2: it has such a loud screaming whine that you think it's gonna explode or take off! Lights flashing etc.)

Anyway, I called customer service and guess what they told me? THE WARRANTY ON BOTH THESE PRINTERS HAs EXPIRED!!!

I didn't think warranty even kicked in until you purchased it! The lady at the other end said she could no longer help me stating it was a store issue!

These printers are going right back to the store tomorrow.

Buyer beware.....if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is!

I also purchased a Canon photo printer at the same time, same deal $129 on for $29. I have yet to set it up. I'm scare to LOL! Can I really end up with 3 out of 3 duds?
    This thread is currently associated with: Guess, The Source
    Check out my Trade/Wish List here:
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/273700-...-lists-canada/

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    442 (100%)

Sorry to hear you got lemons, l always thought of buying a cheap printer instead of paying over 100 dollars to replace the ink in my printer, but maybe now l might have second thoughts.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

I'm seriously considering purchasing a laserjet printer. They are more expensive but the toner lasts a couple years (probably longer for me as I dont print an abundance of black/whites.) I find that the ink in my current printer usually dries up long before it ever runs out!
    Check out my Trade/Wish List here:
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/273700-...-lists-canada/

Trading Score
    117 (100%)

sorry that happened to you! I hope the other printer you bought isn't the same way!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by kelsie94 View Post
    I'm seriously considering purchasing a laserjet printer. They are more expensive but the toner lasts a couple years (probably longer for me as I dont print an abundance of black/whites.) I find that the ink in my current printer usually dries up long before it ever runs out!
    I have a laser jet printer.The toner that came my the printer lasted three years.It's way better than the ink jet printer I used to have.

Trading Score
    117 (100%)

Wondering if i should save up and buy a laserjet printer, they sound good and long lasting.
    Last edited by frugalgirl14; Sun, Sep 11th, 2011 at 01:31 PM.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kelsie94 View Post
    Last month The Source had some amazing printer deals.

HP Photosmart All In One Printers Reg $129, on sale for $29.

Well, I thought this would be a great deal for my kids especially with one going away to school.

Just tried setting them up today. Both have major issues (eg: Printer #1: ink carriage slamming back and forth like it's gonna break right out of the printer. Jams to the right so ink cartridge cannot be installed. Printer #2: it has such a loud screaming whine that you think it's gonna explode or take off! Lights flashing etc.)

Anyway, I called customer service and guess what they told me? THE WARRANTY ON BOTH THESE PRINTERS HAs EXPIRED!!!

I didn't think warranty even kicked in until you purchased it! The lady at the other end said she could no longer help me stating it was a store issue!

These printers are going right back to the store tomorrow.

Buyer beware.....if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is!

I also purchased a Canon photo printer at the same time, same deal $129 on for $29. I have yet to set it up. I'm scare to LOL! Can I really end up with 3 out of 3 duds?
    Gosh, so sorry you have had this trouble!
    We have an hp all in one, bought for like 25, I think at the source, have had no problems with it, and it's amazing how long the ink lasts!

Hope you returned them with no problems.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    49 (100%)

Bought my HP all in one. at walmart 3 yrs ago, never had a problem...

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    23 (100%)

We just purchased a laser jet printer and we love it... We bought it at walmart...its just a basic one but it was only $48.88 regular price (made by samsung) also staples has one on sale right now for under $50 as well...

Just Jez
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)

I print alot of documents and use a Dell Laser Printer and I get the toners from 123inkjet.ca for a fraction of what I would pay at any other store...for color printing I have a Lexmark all-in-one and I bought it a few years ago at wal-mart and have no issues with it I also buy the ink cartridges for this one at inkjet.ca ....what it costs at staples $70 ish I am paying $25ish for a color cartridge !

I wish my toners lasted as long as some of the others posters LOL mine last maybe 3-4 months LOL
    Last edited by Jezebel; Mon, Sep 12th, 2011 at 05:38 AM.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I bought a Brother Laser printer last year - for $100
    I print a lot of coupons sometimes as I get carried away.
    It lasted about a year for the ink.
    I just bought more ink last month for $47.00 which will print about 2200 pages of paper.
    The printer is also black and white only as the laser color printers were way out of my price range.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    235 (100%)

I had a brother B&W laser...loved it! had it for 8 years!!! (paid $400+) Only replace the toner twice... still works like a charm, but is only B&W..so we replaced it with a Samsung Colour laser...works ok...not as good as my brother though...I am watching for a brother to come on sale...than I'll be getting it for sure!

Thread Information