User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    62 (100%)

Just so you know.. you can now buy that soda @ Bulk Barn locations.. I live in Whitby and the prices are the same as the store.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I never bought things on ebay because it is too tempting to give out your credit card information.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by angel1010 View Post
    I never bought things on ebay because it is too tempting to give out your credit card information.
    That is why I only buy from people/vendors who accept paypal. It is linked to my bank account- so if I don't have the money- I cannot buy. And paypal takes care of the security.

Trading Score
    25 (100%)

I love ebay!
    Ive been using it for years!

I like to be really creative with my hair, so I buy alot of bulk hair pieces on ebay.
    (extentions, colours, dreads, synthetic hair, ect.)

It really is great if you need alot of something at really great prices!
    I buy all my body jewellery on ebay also.

It really is safe if you go through paypal.
    Ive never had any issues.

Groupon WagJag
    Checkout my blog?
    helloobee.blogspot.ca

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    162 (100%)

Are the sodas 6 or 12 packs?

Lynn49: you have lovely taste.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I'll chime in here, I got some MAJOR deals last year from the online Black Friday sales. Buy the time Cyber Monday rolled around a few days later, I was done all my shopping and I didnt think the deals were as good as the Friday one. I got my daughter a Cricut die cutting crafting machine that normally retails for over $200 for about $70 including the shipping, got some great Mythbusters trinkets from the Discovery store but had to pay extra duty as they ship via UPS, cant remember the rest but it was amazing and it all got here in more than enough time too. I also use Paypal only and have been buying and selling on Ebay for years with no hassle. I even payed for a condo rental through Paypal once, I just make sure to have a low value credit card attached and use my Paypal balance to pay for stuff (from selling on Ebay) I think you have more chance to being defrauded at the debit swiping machines than with Paypal...

I'm here for the Survivor Pool

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Oh, Natalka...I love ebay! LOL!! I've also just purchase the "Soft kitty" t-shirt from the show "Big Bang Theory"....our DD and SIL love the show, as do we, and when that song comes on (Penny sings it to Sheldon when he's ill or sad...lol) they sing along..! I'll pair it with some matching sleep pants for her Christmas Eve jammies. It's tradition. I'm still looking for a good t-shirt for him...to do the same...I've also got orders in on ebay for jewellry supplies (necklace clasps, head-pins, etc)...they're amazingly priced!

What are you concerned with, Natalka? Can I help with something?
    I use my very-low Visa (took me a long while to convince them that I did NOT want my limit increased!) on PayPal, so if anything ever happens it's not a big loss. But in all my years of purchasing from ebay I've never, ever had a problem and neither has my hubby or friends...I hope you try it one day, Hon..!
    Oh, I love the Soft Kitty song!

You know, I think I just have to jump in and do it. I don't have a problem doing other online shopping from known retailers, so it's the bad experiences I've heard about people getting shafted by sellers on eBay, rather than the good ones which I'm sure are the vast majority.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Oh, I love the Soft Kitty song!

You know, I think I just have to jump in and do it. I don't have a problem doing other online shopping from known retailers, so it's the bad experiences I've heard about people getting shafted by sellers on eBay, rather than the good ones which I'm sure are the vast majority.
    Oh, goodie...losing one's virginity on ebay is so exciting! My favourite thing to do is kamakazi-bidding with seconds left to get the item I want! So exciting!

Natalka...I usually only purchase from "Power Sellers" with high percentage ratings (like the ones I posted)...click on the numbers beside their names, top right, and you'll be able to read everything everyone's said about that particular seller, so you'll get a pretty good idea of how satisfied they are with the merchandise.
    Use PayPal only, and use a low-limit credit card there. Paypal is wonderful..they're secure, and don't share your card number with anyone else, so you're not putting your number into your purchases. You just hit "PayPal" to pay! Much safer than purchasing from individual merchants on line (in many cases).

ENJOY!
    And try that site I posted with the jewellry for a start!
    For around $5, you'll receive a lovely bracelet!
    It's so much fun getting stuff!!!

Let us know what your first purchase is!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by momof3heathens View Post
    Are the sodas 6 or 12 packs?

Lynn49: you have lovely taste.
    Well, thankew, Hon....I basically stick to simple things and styles, which can be difficult when shopping for clothes at my size (diminishing, thank heavens!)...everything in my size seems to have glitter, sequins, big flowers or foil printed lions on the fronts! LOLOLOL!! I don't advertise for anyone, either, unless they're paying ME to wear their clothes!

It's so funny, since our DD is the same...but the other day she had on a "Glee" t-shirt she picked up at GT, and I was shocked to see her wearing something with printing on it..although it was a cute rainbow...lol...! So unusual for her or me to do that!

Do you shop on ebay? It's so fun getting those $5 things in the mail!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by alohamom View Post
    I'll chime in here, I got some MAJOR deals last year from the online Black Friday sales. Buy the time Cyber Monday rolled around a few days later, I was done all my shopping and I didnt think the deals were as good as the Friday one. I got my daughter a Cricut die cutting crafting machine that normally retails for over $200 for about $70 including the shipping, got some great Mythbusters trinkets from the Discovery store but had to pay extra duty as they ship via UPS, cant remember the rest but it was amazing and it all got here in more than enough time too. I also use Paypal only and have been buying and selling on Ebay for years with no hassle. I even payed for a condo rental through Paypal once, I just make sure to have a low value credit card attached and use my Paypal balance to pay for stuff (from selling on Ebay) I think you have more chance to being defrauded at the debit swiping machines than with Paypal...

I've heard that there are BlackFriday sales beginning here in Canada and on line...I'm assuming the purchases you mentioned were all from the US?
    Could you share with us some retailers that offered bargains that they'd ship to Canada?

I've only had one experience shopping on Black Friday, in Michigan, and I loved it!! Mind you, we weren't the 3am lining-up shopper enthusiasts, but even at 10am there were lots of bargains to be found. Naturally I headed straight for the jewellry at Macy's and found ruby, emerald and saphire pendant and earring sets for $20! I picked up a bunch for Christmas!

Any stores you can think of that have those sales and ship here, Hon?
    We're all ears!!

Trading Score
    91 (100%)

paypal is awesome! last week some lady tried to scam my mom out of $1000 through paypal and so my mom just called paypal up told them whats going on and they took care of it

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    I've heard that there are BlackFriday sales beginning here in Canada and on line...I'm assuming the purchases you mentioned were all from the US?
    Could you share with us some retailers that offered bargains that they'd ship to Canada?

Any stores you can think of that have those sales and ship here, Hon?
    We're all ears!!

For sure! Yes, the majority of the stores with Black Friday sales were US retailers but I am finding more and more the stores that have US/Canadian locations, like AE or Aeropostale are doing similar promos. I just bought my daughter dark indigo long length jeans from AE as they had a 40% off everything code and free shipping. I had to pay duty and tax but I cannot get that size/colour in the stores only online and it all came to $34 which is less than I would pay in store so I was happy
    Whoops, got sidetracked!!! Anyway, Black Friday retailers...I found a few different websites/blogs/forum that listed all the previews and sales kinda like what people do here on SC and followed that. Joann's fabrics was where I got the Cricut but here are a few links to the Black Friday preview sites, obviously they will change as the day gets closer but just to give you the idea...
    http://www.theblackfriday.com/
    http://blackfriday.com/
    http://www.blackfriday2011.com/
    Also, I found that many of the retailers started the sales earlier than the friday or would have hourly specials, just like in the stores so you need to read everything closely. Have fun with it guys...

I'm here for the Survivor Pool

Trading Score
    83 (100%)

I've bought lots of stuff on eBay and never had a bad experience. Half the Winnie the Pooh in my son's room was from eBay and I got it all brand new and for cheap! I also get DVDs all the time and never had a problem. Usually get my orders in two to three weeks.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by alohamom View Post
    For sure! Yes, the majority of the stores with Black Friday sales were US retailers but I am finding more and more the stores that have US/Canadian locations, like AE or Aeropostale are doing similar promos. I just bought my daughter dark indigo long length jeans from AE as they had a 40% off everything code and free shipping. I had to pay duty and tax but I cannot get that size/colour in the stores only online and it all came to $34 which is less than I would pay in store so I was happy
    Whoops, got sidetracked!!! Anyway, Black Friday retailers...I found a few different websites/blogs/forum that listed all the previews and sales kinda like what people do here on SC and followed that. Joann's fabrics was where I got the Cricut but here are a few links to the Black Friday preview sites, obviously they will change as the day gets closer but just to give you the idea...
    http://www.theblackfriday.com/
    http://blackfriday.com/
    http://www.blackfriday2011.com/
    Also, I found that many of the retailers started the sales earlier than the friday or would have hourly specials, just like in the stores so you need to read everything closely. Have fun with it guys...
    Thank you so very much for sharing those sites!! Really appreciate it!!
    Now.
    On to shopping.
    Although....my DH and I will be heading to the Great Lakes Crossings Outlet Mall in Auburn Hills next week...I'm hoping to pick up some nice things there..unfortunately the Coach Outlet coupon expired THIS week! Grrr.
    I'm hoping for a new one for next week...fingers crossed!

Thanks again, Sweetie!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information