User Tag List

New to couponing!
    Trading Score
    82 (100%)

i was reading a brag thread about how much stock someone has and how long it should last, breaking it down to how long they use a product etc... It made me think, wonder how often other ppl change up products

How often do u change your toothbrush?
    pillow?
    dishwashing brush?
    cleaning sponges?

I'm a germaphobe LOL so change these things quite often, maybe not pillow as much but should probably start LOL
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Toothbrush changes every 3 weeks...I'm totally obsessive about oral hygiene.
    Pillows every 6 months for adults (they're washed weekly), every 3rd month for kids (they get sick more often, spill things, whatever), or more often if they've puked on it (even washing it still grosses me out).
    I only use the dishwasher...I can't remember the last time I used dishes.
    I never reuse cleaning rags - I buy really cheap towels, cut them up, use them for the cleaning, then toss them.
    Wasteful? Hell yeah. But my OCD won't allow me to do it any other way.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

How often do u change your toothbrush?- we have 4 ppl. they get changed every time there is a cold, or a cold sore, or someone 'accidently' uses theirs(usually mine) to clean things. about once a month.
    pillow?- at least once a year. (usually xmas presents)
    dishwashing brush?-don't have one.
    cleaning sponges?- every day. sometimes 2x a day.

New to couponing!
    Trading Score
    82 (100%)

Lol I thought I was bad. I've been beat in some items.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Pillow...uh? Does it count that it has a washable cover?
    I don't use dish brushes or sponges. I use dish cloths and microfibre cleaning cloths, which I change every day or after each use. The cleaning cloths get soaked in a bleach solution each time they are washed.
    I change the brush head on my toothbrush when I change the battery, so I would say every two or three months.

New to couponing!
    Trading Score
    82 (100%)

I don't have a dishwasher in my rental. I washy by hand and change brushes every few months

Banned
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I don't really care about germs. They build your immune system!

Toothbrush: I guess every 3 months or so, depending on whether my retainer destroys them quickly or not. Some only last 1 month (I HATE those ones!) while some last up to 6 months. I only change them when they get brutally destroyed.

Pillows: Uh, I have pillows from the 70s so... NEVER! I wash them once a year, though.

Dish Brush? Too pricey! Dish TOWEL however: I have some from a decade ago that are still good. Once they fall apart I turn them into rags...

And I don't use cleaning sponges...

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

How often do u change your toothbrush? this gets changed about every 4-6 months, depending in the family member and condition of the brush, I will soak the brushes in mouthwash every once in a while.
    pillow? Dh and I have covers for our pillows that can be washed about once a month, the pillowcases are washed weekly, the pillows are washed once or twice a year. As for replacing them? If they are still doing the job then they stay. As for the kids, they get washed more often as I have a couple bedwetters and my oldest gets nose bleeds often. When they pillows no longer actually support their heads they replaced, about once a year
    dishwashing brush? don't use them, have a wash cloth they gets tossed in the laundry everynight, Although my DH will toss it into the microwave occasionaly when his OCD mood hits him.
    cleaning sponges? don't use , use rags, micro clothes that I just toss into the laundry, the bathroom I use a clorox wipe a day starting at the sink and working towards the toilet and then toss it. One thing that irks me is when I see people use a dish cloth on the floor to clean up a spill and then toss it back in the sink. Eww..

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Kyeste View Post
    I don't really care about germs. They build your immune system!
    I agree! I grew up in the country where dirt was your best friend. And, I have to say I'm doing something right since I've never had the flu (knock on wood). I do change my dish clothes/towels everyday; toothbrush every 6 months & pillow... I guess when I see one on sale and mine's getting flat (about every 2 years!!!).
    Want Free Gift Cards? Join me at SWAGBUCKS!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/bekki3

Thread Information