User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Mia
    Female
    Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkypie View Post
    I disagree with this, if you have a good straightener then it can be done very quickly! I have 3 kids, 2 under 3 and still have time to straighten it everyday. If I dont its a fluffball.
    Actually, yes, it depends on the straightener. And here to straighten the hair is the best decision, imo.

BTW, what straightener do you use?
    Relax, enjoy your coffee (tea) and earn money! Any time, when you want! http://www.clixsense.com/?5881505
    And earn Amazon and other gift cards as well, fast and easy! Anyone can!
    https://www.swagbucks.com/refer/zerehas

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Mia View Post
    Actually, yes, it depends on the straightener. And here to straighten the hair is the best decision, imo.

I use a "yourstyler" I bought it at a mall kiosk when I had a perm that was growing out, they had samples out and tried a strip of my hair and it actually worked. I was instantly in love, ive been using it everyday now for 3 years and it has never failed me. I even paid $10 extra to get it in pink

All my children have fur Wendark's Avatar
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I'm glad you're getting a refund because you had a horrid experience regardless of how your hair turned out. And I finally got to see the new pics. I actually like how the front looks on you. The back? Well, that's more of a WTF? But then you did say it was unwashed and you had been sleeping on it for two days. Maybe you can use the refund and go elsewhere to get the back fixed? Or maybe, that's what you get because of the type of hair you have and you'll have to use product/equipment to fix it?

I myself suck at using a straightener, but I do use mousse sometimes on my layers. Just a bit after the shower, when it's still wet, and it keeps the little curly bits together so I don't go too fluffy.

I went once for a cut years ago to a guy that was recommended by a relative. I had very long, very straight hair and wanted a perm. He said he would make me look like I had a perm without actually giving me a perm. He had me bend down with my hair falling forward. I couldn't see what he was up to and figured he was working some magic. Ha! When I put my head up, he had basically fluffed it and back brushed it into such a state, I looked like Dianna Ross. Which is a lovely look for her, but not so great on me. The guy was completely high. It took me several hours, and a lot of hair loss, to comb out the mess he had made. And I was too young at the time to make a fuss and get my money back. I guess the point here is that most of us have had a bad hair experience. You'll be okay
    Last edited by Wendark; Sun, Sep 18th, 2011 at 12:27 AM.

Coupon Princess sheetsofemptycanvas's Avatar
    Trading Score
    330 (99%)

I'm just gonna chime in... I'm a bigger girl and I've been going with an inverted bob for awhile (that's the one where it's shorter in the back, right?) and I LOVE it! It thins out my face and it's so easy to work with. I hardly have to touch it and it falls really nice.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur... happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    -2 (0%)

dch you look good in the pictures,I had a haircut a few years ago and the women shaved my hair at the back I told her I wanted my hair cut straight at the bottom and it had to be shoulder length and no inverted bob as I had that I even showed a pictured, I ended up with a inverted bob and shaved up to the middle of my head[I was shocked and mad] it took 6 months before it looked normal, I wore a scarf around my neck for the 6 mths, at least you can get it restyled if you don't like it,but I hear you for sure been there done that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hope you can fix it so your happy but what I see you look good!
    Last edited by glenglen; Sun, Sep 18th, 2011 at 02:38 PM.

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I have an inverted bob without layers. It looks great but you have to have a great hairstylist to pull it off. Actually its exactly as my signature pic haha.

Sorry I gotta be honest here.....

Unfortunately this women just made you look like a hair band from the 80s. Breath deep, its hair it WILL grow back. I do however suggest going to a reputable salon and asking for a consult to what they can do to fix it. From what I can tell from the pictures if they take off some of the length and shape it well you will end up with a very layered but chic inverted bob, then you can grow out. Obviously your going to want to grow out the short layers. I think if you go somewhere good they could work wonders for it until it grows out. This women just edward scissor handed your hair, but it is rescuable I'm not sure what this hack artists vision was, but I'm sure you didn't have David Bowie circa Labyrinth in mind. Laugh it off, and go get it fixed and it will look beautiful. You have nice bone structure and will look great with some length off. Just please go to a good salon, not first choice or something.

(I've had some bad haircuts in my day too.... one where my husband picked me up and I was BAWLING with my hood on.)
    Last edited by Sally888; Mon, Sep 19th, 2011 at 12:29 AM.

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Mia View Post

I have wavy hair and an inverted bob. I spend 5 minutes max straightening my hair to perfection.

I have a Sedu. http://www.folica.com/tools/flat-iro...at-proof-pouch

you can get them on sale cheap though, I got mine with 8 free gifts for 75.

Trade secrets has some wonderful ones too. (Avanti)

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkypie View Post
    I disagree with this, if you have a good straightener then it can be done very quickly! I have 3 kids, 2 under 3 and still have time to straighten it everyday. If I dont its a fluffball.
    yes, I agree too.
    go out and buy a ceramic one. a good one is usually about 80 dollars, but i havebeen abple to get a nice ceramic ion one for 20 bucks at winners.
    I always put it on the highest setting, and it takes about 3 minutes to heat, I go over every area twice and it makes my hair pin straight takes less then 5 minutes.
    I have naturally straight hair, but it does what yours does in the back when I put it in a messy bun when its still wet, its not so much wavy, but "kinky" but it would so the same, it you straighted it and kinda did a "flip" at the end in the back would look good.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Oh, I think your hair are so beautiful. You have no need to do with your hair. And you are so beautiful.
    <table style="width: 344px; height: 37px;" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><col width="181"><tbody><tr height="20"> <td class="xl67" style="height: 15pt; width: 136pt;" align="left" height="20" width="181">Kids room | Kid Kraft | Olive Kids
    </td> </tr></tbody></table>

dch
    Female
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

It's not so much my hair as it is the cut (for straightening) - she cut INTO crazy curls so they flip out and don't straighten at ALL because she layered it horrendously so there's no "longer" hair to flatten me out. I don't straighten it unless I am going out or it's a special occasion anyways, for now I will just have to wait & grow it out. Bobby pins have been my best friend. LOL

dch
    Female
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sally888 View Post
    I have an inverted bob without layers. It looks great but you have to have a great hairstylist to pull it off. Actually its exactly as my signature pic haha.

Sorry I gotta be honest here.....

Unfortunately this women just made you look like a hair band from the 80s. Breath deep, its hair it WILL grow back. I do however suggest going to a reputable salon and asking for a consult to what they can do to fix it. From what I can tell from the pictures if they take off some of the length and shape it well you will end up with a very layered but chic inverted bob, then you can grow out. Obviously your going to want to grow out the short layers. I think if you go somewhere good they could work wonders for it until it grows out. This women just edward scissor handed your hair, but it is rescuable I'm not sure what this hack artists vision was, but I'm sure you didn't have David Bowie circa Labyrinth in mind. Laugh it off, and go get it fixed and it will look beautiful. You have nice bone structure and will look great with some length off. Just please go to a good salon, not first choice or something.

(I've had some bad haircuts in my day too.... one where my husband picked me up and I was BAWLING with my hood on.)
    LMAO THAT WAS MY VERY FIRST REACTION! (80's hair band) I cried in the car on the way home, it was not at all a good day! I have a hairdresser on my in-law side of the family & have asked her what to do with it, so I'll see what she says. I have really been considering the inverted bob but now my biggest fear is finding another hairdresser (my in-law doesn't live locally) and wasting more money (which, I am getting back from the SmartStyle customer relations department) I'll probably need to save up for this one.

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Awww, welll I hope you can get it fixed. I spend about 35 on my hair cut ever 3 months or so, but I trust my salon, and that means all the difference. Go to the dollar store too they have so many cute clips too!

good luck!

dch
    Female
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I took some new pics today of it, after I cut a few tips off myself and "softened" it up a bit - it actually looks kind of cute! I just need to find a better product (a lightweight) one for my hair, I need something for daily use or I will end up washing daily (which, I know sounds gross, but I only need to wash my hair once a week. It's always been that way & I did it that way on purpose - dirty hair can be the best to style surprisingly.)

Only problem I have is the bottom layer (the longest hair) is straight and on top is all nice and curly/wavy.

All my children have fur Wendark's Avatar
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Yay! It's not as bad as you thought. I'm really happy about that.

I've heard dry shampoo is supposed to be a great styling tool. I have not tried it myself (I'm a daily washer).

dch
    Female
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Not the greatest pic, but it looks a little better with some cut off. I did it myself rather than pay a Salon again.. I can't afford it right now anyways LOL

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information