User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    dch
    Female
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

So, I'm in need of a hair cut. My hair is boring and needs thinning out again.

I have weird hair. The sides are usually straight & the back is crazy wavy hair (no, not on purpose either - you wouldn't believe how many people have questioned my hair). At the moment my hair (when straightened) looks like this;

Sometimes.. it looks like this though;
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...0990754&type=1

I'm going tonight (it's the only chance I will have "alone" time without my two year old) to get it done but I have no idea what to do with it. A friend of mine mentioned getting an inverted bob.. but I am a bigger girl and don't think that would suit me! I really want to do something different but at the same time I am such a creature of habit.

Help me?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by dch; Tue, Sep 13th, 2011 at 01:28 PM.

All my children have fur Wendark's Avatar
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I can't see either of your pictures from work sorry. I'm only posting because I have the same weird hair as you describe - some straight, some really wavy. My hair has been long (down to my waist) for most of my life. When I get it cut, it goes sproing, so I decided to work with it. What I wanted was something like this, with the layers falling in different defined lengths at the front:

because of the waves, I ended up with something like this:

I'm still happy becasue at least it's different. Why don't you just go look at the books in the salon? Tell the stylist what features you need to keep (maybe some length for example) and see what she/he suggests. Good luck and as long as it's not a horrendous cut, there's always something you can do to "fix" it.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Gosh, you're pretty!

Def go with layers - do you want much shorter? There's so much hair there!

If you want to go with your natural curl/wave and not bother with styling much any more, best is to ask the stylist for suggestions.
    Otherwise, if you are willing to put lots of work in, you have the type of hair and face which can wear almost any style.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I love this -

Trading Score
    44 (98%)

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    -2 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Gosh, you're pretty!

Def go with layers - do you want much shorter? There's so much hair there!

If you want to go with your natural curl/wave and not bother with styling much any more, best is to ask the stylist for suggestions.
    Otherwise, if you are willing to put lots of work in, you have the type of hair and face which can wear almost any style.

I like this picture alot I bring a picture with me something like it although I just like it straight across the bottom no angles I like a nicely layered medium lengh style.

dch
    Female
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

got it cut.

nightmare.

Pictures to come.. *sigh*

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Oh, no - hey, it's never as bad as you think! There's always something which can be done.
    But if you truly don't like it, you can go back and have them fix it.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I'll bet it's not that bad. Maybe you're just in shock from the change?

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I find nothing wrong with how your hair looks but I suggest putting some highlights to make it more alive. It will create a more youthful look and create a brand new image of you!
    You will always find enough reason to look your best!
    http://www.shopandmodel.com

dch
    Female
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I ended up getting it cut.

I asked for her to thin it out and re-do my layers but keep my length. She did thin it and layer it.. but her way not mine. I have really short layers on top now and I look like I literally stepped out of an 80's video. She fluffed it all back and THEN gave me BANGS. I haven't had those since grade school. She styled my hair the way she wanted to and again didn't listen to what I wanted - and the whole time, I couldn't see what was going on because she kept making me take my glasses off. The entire experience was ridiculous.

It started from the very beginning.. this woman, maybe in her late 40's early 50's came to the desk, she was dressed VERY un-professional (wearing a small Vest - the kind that a shirt is supposed to be under, like a little boys tux vest, with NOTHING underneath it, low-rise pants with a rhinestone belt (that her stomach kept oozing over) and a belly ring that played peek-a-boo every so often. Now don't get me wrong, I am no one to judge by what you look like but seriously.. you're a hairdresser not a showgirl in Vegas. And to make it worse, I had to wait 20 minutes to get in for a cut and when they called me back I had to wait another 20 for this lady to finish her smoke outside so when she came in to wash my hair she reeked of smoke. The entire time she kept saying "Oh you have so much hair.. I'm going to be here until 9" It literally took her maybe 10 minutes to cut my hair. She basically wrote me off as soon as she noticed all my hair (or that's how I felt anyways) She didn't even take the time to see if my layers were even or if there were any stray hairs etc. Not even a towel around the neck or a brush off after I was done. She even cut my bangs on an angle leaving one piece that sticks right up in the air. All in all, I will never go back there again - this was my 3rd or 4th time there and my 1st time ever having a problem with them. (Them being Smart Style in Walmart) The only good thing about my trip there was I scored an awesome bottle of OP Breast Cancer crackle nail polish.

I will post pictures.. eventually. I am really disappointed.. I waited forever for my money to come from Bell (deposit refund) to be able to do this, not to mention I had to get my DH to take me there and pick me up and watch DD while I was getting it done. (As if it broke his heart, he went and picked up his copy on NHL 11) Just very frustrated, and I am not the type to go back and complain.. I wasn't rude when I was in there so why would I go back and act like that? Just seems like a waste of time anyways.. *sigh* I'm pretty disappointed.. I'm sure you ladies know what I mean, I was expecting it to be a little "pick me up" and now.. it's just a "let me down"
    Last edited by dch; Wed, Sep 14th, 2011 at 11:27 AM.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

It can be very frustrating. Our hair is a big part of our identity. You usually have several days' "warrantee". Are you sure you can't go back and have her at least straighten up the angled parts and even up the layers? You obviously can't get the length back or undo the bangs, but it will grow very quickly. I would love to see the new picture (after you've cared for your head your way and not hers).

You have a pretty face so I'm betting it's not as horrible as you think, even though it's not what you're after. I mean, you're not going to walk into a room full of strangers and have them gasp: good lord, what happened to her? Right? LOL.
    Last edited by Wendark; Wed, Sep 14th, 2011 at 11:17 PM.

dch
    Female
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Here are some links to my FB pics- I don't want to hog up the thread with huge pictures;

Side view;
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=1&theater

Other side view;

Front view;

This is after not washing it & sleeping on it for two nights LOL.. it looks worse to me in person I'm not a fan.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Gah, I'm not on FB. Sorry I can't see the pics.

However, if you truly can't do anything with it you like, it's NOT rude to go back, talk to the manager and have him/her or a different stylist fix it for you to your satisfaction.

Where I go, we have a week to go back, and they will fix it free. I'm not usually a complainer, but on two occasions I've done it myself - one time I went back several days later because a cut just wasn't short enough, and it didn't even seem it was any different from when I walked in; another time I went back twice in a week, because the stylist was suggesting different things in regard to styling for me to try on my own.

dch
    Female
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

The last one is the worst.. I still had a tear in my eye LOL

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information