User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Trading Score
    77 (100%)

Omg!! I've seen her so many times in the Ogilvie Plaza. She always runs to follow you to your car or I've had her knock on the window before. She's so annoying!!!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

there is a woman who often appears inthe zellers parking lot on merivale road...she walks right up to people getting in and out of thier cars. and when sh'e schased away, she goes to the independent across the street for a while. She has been banned from that grocery store...caught steeling, but she will still try to come in and use the bathroom. Funny tho, you hardly see her in the winter....
    Some one once told me they saw the same lady near st.laurent.
    She is short with long grey hair...always kind of dirty looking....
    We refer to her as the crazy grey haired lady. She looks quite indimidating...but I have never seen her buy anything with the money she collect, and I work at the grocery store she stole from.
    Is this the same lady??
    BareBottoms

Help struggling parents & babies in need - donate those leftover diapers your baby has outgrown www.BareBottomsOttawa.com

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

If this couple are really scamming the public then soemone should blow the lid off this story. Local newpaper or tv reporter might bite on this for the bust...just saying
    BareBottoms

Help struggling parents & babies in need - donate those leftover diapers your baby has outgrown www.BareBottomsOttawa.com

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm not sure if it's the same people I have seen by the Independent on Montreal Rd. but possible. It urks me how brazen they are. I have noticed a few from time to time in that parking lot going from car to car or accosting you as you get out or try to get into your car. I try to ignore..look down and make a bee line into the stores.The cops all know about these people but are really not doing much to alleviate the problem.
    My husband read a story awhile back on how some of these people live in posh homes with large bank accounts.

I cannot stand going to the LCBO on Montreal Rd. In Vanier. There are always people begging outside that store and some are pretty seedy looking. They try to keep them out of the area of the store by telling them to move on but they come right back.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by BareBottoms View Post
    there is a woman who often appears inthe zellers parking lot on merivale road...she walks right up to people getting in and out of thier cars. and when sh'e schased away, she goes to the independent across the street for a while. She has been banned from that grocery store...caught steeling, but she will still try to come in and use the bathroom. Funny tho, you hardly see her in the winter....
    Some one once told me they saw the same lady near st.laurent.
    She is short with long grey hair...always kind of dirty looking....
    We refer to her as the crazy grey haired lady. She looks quite indimidating...but I have never seen her buy anything with the money she collect, and I work at the grocery store she stole from.
    Is this the same lady??
    Thats her !
    Previously CanadianBella... I'm baaack!
    Check out my Trade & Wishlist

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Geez....and she lives in a nice house eh? Are you positive about that, because if that is really the case then I am gonna blow the lid off this story.
    Can you tell me for sure that this woman has a home...please tell me for sure that she is not really poor and on the streets...
    some people got some friggin nerve eh....(got my blood boiling now)
    BareBottoms

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

There;s a bunch of scammers like this on Rideau and Mackenzie King Bridge, it's annoying....The same guy would approach me every night when I finished work asking for money to stay at the hostel and I'm all dude, I'm here every night, I can see through your liiiies.
    Did you see the pool? They flipped the B!tch!

I'm going to South Korea!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

there must be some sort of law these people are breaking....no? what can be done about this??
    BareBottoms

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm not sure if it's the same woman but it sounds like it...

A few months ago she (I think) came to my door asking to do some chores for money. She told me her husband was in the hospital on life support and she had 5 kids at home to take care of. I'm not trying to be rude- but she looked like she may have been into crack or meth because she was SO skinny and her teeth were pretty bad.

She may have been telling the truth but it's SO hard to tell! I gave her $5 but later thought I should have just given her some food from my stockpile or coupons. That way I know it's for food and not something else.

I live near Elmvale too and have definitely seen some characters while I've lived here. I really do feel for these people but I've come across hard times in my life too but managed to find ways to pull myself out without resorting to asking strangers for money.

Thanks for posting this. I needed to vent! lol
    Rebecca

Check out my new blog!
    http://www.cheapassmama.ca

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Awww This brings back so many memories when I loved in Ottawa...so many nutters down there! lol

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

So many nutters here??? You are in the GTA VeeVee....there are plenty of wierdo's there too LOL.....specially near certain area's of Finch and area's off Yonge
    Nutters are everywhere...this cray grey haired lady is EFFING CRAZY!!
    Please...spread the word about her, don't give her money
    BareBottoms

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

There's another lady that I've seen in parking lots all over town. She knocks on windows too and she tends to scare people by sneaking up on them. But I don't think it's the same lady because I've never seen her pretend to be deaf. She always speaks really softly- barely above a whisper.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

That's the crazy grey haired lady....She was at McDaniel's Independent last night...Meadowlands...and YES, its the same lady.
    take a good look at her clothes...they always fit perfectly...
    anyways....she was at the store I mentioned last night...asked the cashier to change a 5 bill into quarters to do her laundry??
    I told my co-workers that she and her hubby have a house and pan handle for a living...they all said they would never give her money.
    BareBottoms

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

OK. Good to know! I don't feel bad now about never giving her money. I'm all for being generous, but I can't condone panhandling, especially when it's done aggressively. I would put her in the aggressive category for sure. She grabbed my shopping cart in a parking lot once while I was loading my groceries in the car and she wouldn't let go of it!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information