User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Okay, I don't know about you but everyone I know, knows about this woman.

She's often seen at the Timmy's on Stlaurent & Donald. The Timmy's or Mcdonalds on Stlauren (near elmvale) or the SDM on bank (near heron rd) She's thin and older, and will often say she's deaf or mute.

She said this to my Mom while asking for $$, then my Mom said she heard her talk before, and the girl YELLED at my mom.

Blew your cover.

Also, it turns out her Husband also does the same, but he's more in the west. They live in a nice house near elmvale.

I saw her once chase a woman out of the Timmy's on st.lauren/donald. The lady didn't speak english (from another country) and looked honestly terrified. She had 2 little girls with her, who were scared also. The lady fallowed them from Tim Hortons to the winners, then near the wild wings. She just wouldn't let up and knowing about her, I got out of the car and told her to leave them alone or i'd call the cops, and again after pretending she didn't speak, she spoke to me some 'lovely' words, and left.

Anyone have any experience with her? (or her hubby, I assume he pretends he's mute/deaf too..but not 100% sure on him)
    This thread is currently associated with: McDonald's, Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart, Tim Hortons, Winners
    Previously CanadianBella... I'm baaack!
    Check out my Trade & Wishlist

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

I haven't heard of these people but it's good to get the heads up in case i ever run into them.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianBella View Post
    once chase a woman out of the Timmy's on st.lauren/donald. The lady didn't speak english (from another country) and looked honestly terrified. She had 2 little girls with her, who were scared also. The lady fallowed them from Tim Hortons to the winners, then near the wild wings. She just wouldn't let up and knowing about her, I got out of the car and told her to leave them alone or i'd call the cops, and again after pretending she didn't speak, she spoke to me some 'lovely' words, and left.
    I'm not one to intervene unless someone is being assaulted, but that would infuriate me. No matter WHAT the issue is, you DO NOT involve children. She has to be insane.I would SO get between her and that family.

Where I live (as everywhere) there are some teenage ass*, and even they know better than this. Every last one of them does. The same young group of teens who will yell out rude remarks to you when you're walking alone or with your spouse, won't say boo if you have a little one with you. Even they understand there are some lines you do NOT cross. [Important: I know most teens are good people, I'm raising several, but there are some...]. As I say, even those 'bad' ones know not to even think of harassing people with little children. It's why I always prefer to walk with my young children, rather than alone. It prevents rudeness. Plus I love their company.

I'm surprised this woman hasn't been harmed by someone if she does this sort of thing. Utterly inexcusable, I commend you for intervening Bella.
    Last edited by DaveP; Wed, Sep 14th, 2011 at 05:15 PM.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Hehe, I have a little list in my head of the people who ask for money around here. I don't stalk them by any means ( heh ) but I know who uses it for what, I like to do my research.

A man on Stlaurent Metro (near the zellers & food basics) he actually uses that money you give him. I've seen him many times actually go into the mcdonalds that is there. Also my friend used to work at that Mcdonalds and she says he does go in quite often and does get what he says - a hamburger & fries.

Another man near the Independent on Montreal Rd.. a couple times he's asked and I refuse, his jacket looks cut instead of normal wear & tear, and it looked fairly new. Not to mention how much he reeked of booze. I've never seen him get what he says he would with the $$.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Thanks

She actually got beat up once, at the tim hortons on stlaurent. She was black & blue and refused an ambulance, and left in her direction of her home.

Some people just don't learn! Especially faking an illness like that, i'm surprised it wasn't worse!

I interviened because she scares the poop out of me, imagine people just coming to this country, not speaking our language and a scary old woman is chasing them? I shudder.

Trading Score
    33 (100%)

I live in the area, and while I haven't encountered the woman in question, I see a lot of interesting characters. I live really, really close to the Concorde motel (prime site for this stuff), and I work part-time at the women's homeless shelter in town. I see a lot of people who I know well as "shelter clients" very, very close to my home and as I'm pretty easy to spot, I no longer get hit up for money. Instead, I just get a... "Can you spare some... oh, I guess not. hey... how's it going?"

Good work getting between the woman and the scared family. From wayyy too much personal experience for my own good, most of these people are actually quite harmless even if they appear aggressive... stick to your guns and stand your ground and they'll recognize that it's not worth tangling with you

Trading Score
    33 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianBella View Post
    A man on Stlaurent Metro (near the zellers & food basics) he actually uses that money you give him. I've seen him many times actually go into the mcdonalds that is there. Also my friend used to work at that Mcdonalds and she says he does go in quite often and does get what he says - a hamburger & fries.
    I think I know this guy... always very polite? If he's the one my partner sometimes buys him coffee at timmies across the road; he's very pleasant and appreciative.

My favourites are some of the women who I know from the shelter and see on Montreal Road between the Prestige and the Concorde... the women would set off about a million red 'danger' s for most people (even me sometimes), but they're harmless, friendly and often have a great sense of humour.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Maybe he just had off days the times i've seen him, then! Not often I see him, though. He's an older man, right?

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

She bugs the people who go into 1 for 1...my boyfriend used to go there and she would ask for money and to use their cellphones..knocking on car windows

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Yes! She knocks on car windows. Scares the crap out of you at night

Trading Score
    150 (100%)

Good lord! I just moved from small city Kingston and lived in even smaller Brockville prior to this. Im in Kanata because the big city scares me to death. I lived in the west experimental farm area for 3 months before coming here to Kanata.
    I was out at night taking the baby for a walk with my 13 year old son. I was holding the baby and a drunk (smelt drunk) 20-something came right up to me and tried to touch the baby asking if it was a "real" baby. Scared the out of me. I pretty much never left the house after dark from then on.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

That wouldn't end to pretty if I were you.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

One time while babysitting my friends daughter while she was in surgery, my brother wanted to go to Costco so we went, and she was a little chubby (around 1 yr old at the time) and a lady comes up to me, and says snarkily "Your baby is fat" just like that! not "awee she's so chubby", just "Your baby is fat". I told her 1, it wasn't my baby and 2, to get out of my face, she was a baby & healthy.
    Actually, at the time she was numming on a piece of watermelon. -.-

I don't get where people would get such nerves.

Trading Score
    83 (100%)

This is why I don't go anywhere but Carlingwood! LOL! Speaking of which, and on the topic you just mentioned B, I went to Carlingwood today (DH and I went to the bank to see if they'd defer payment on our line of credit until he's no longer on strike - no go.) and I had four people say "Oh look at you, mommy isn't feeding you. Oh look at you, you look like your starving" He's a big baby but he's not FAT. >_< He's 97% bigger than most babies his age in weight AND height! Grrr.

Trading Score
    83 (100%)

I remember once we were going through the McDonald's drive through near Lincoln Fields and some guy knocked on our window while we were waiting for our order. Scared the crap outta us. Some people just have no shame.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information