User Tag List

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

I have some baby stuff that I was going to try to sell on my own --- who would you list with in Ottawa?

I normally bring stuff to Boomerang but I thought I'd try myself.
    Any experiences?
    Thanks!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I browse for baby stuff every day on kijiji and used ottawa. lots of people selling stuff there. You get to set your own price, rather than boomerang where they take a cut.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

We've sold and bought things off both sites. I think Kijiji might be a bit more popular now, but you can list with both. I always list with both, but get most of the responses from Kijiji.

The problem I find with selling on these sites is that you have to arrange for someone to come over - some people will say they're coming on a certain day at a certain time, and won't show up - such a waste of my time waiting around! This doesn't happen all the time, but when it happens its super irritating.

We tend to price our things for sale on the low side - which means I always have a list of people who have emailed and are interested. That way, if the first person doesn't show up, I can just offer it to the second person. Personally, I'm not out to get the max $ for the things I sell there, its all stuff I want to get rid of anyways, so I'm happy to just get anything for it. If you do a search before you list of other items like your that are for sale, you can see what the "going rate" is - you'll notice the higher prices, and how old the ads are... I guess that's the good thing about Boomerang or other consignment stores - you get the stuff out of your house quicker, and you don't have to wait around for people to come by.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I have both bought and sold...It is harder to sell than to buy! Buyers are not always the most punctual or reliable...I never let anyone into my place for safety of my stuff and myself

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    237 (100%)

Haven't sold anything but bought some GCs on Kijiji a while back ...person was happy I showed up, seems a lot of ppl don't

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I'd rather kijiji then UO, it's easier to use IMHO.
    Previously CanadianBella... I'm baaack!
    Check out my Trade & Wishlist

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    99 (99%)

i've bought tickets on kijiji

Trading Score
    150 (100%)

Just sold all my baby clothes up to 6 months size (5 diaper boxes full) a bumbo chair, an exersaucer and some grobags. I got alot less then I would at boomerang but it was convienient to sell from home. Made a quick 200!

My son has sold and traded video games and I have bought numerous items.

LOVE Kijiji!

moe
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I sold and bought on kijiji. Always went well but I'm very careful always meet ppl outside my home mostly in mall parking lots, open and busy. Always let someone know where your going and who your meeting.
    Also there are lots of ppl with sad story of how they really need you stuff. I have falling for a few my self . just heads up. Good luck..

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mckbutterfly View Post
    Just sold all my baby clothes up to 6 months size (5 diaper boxes full) a bumbo chair, an exersaucer and some grobags. I got alot less then I would at boomerang but it was convienient to sell from home. Made a quick 200!

My son has sold and traded video games and I have bought numerous items.

LOVE Kijiji!

Wonderful!

Trading Score
    150 (100%)

Yes! It was stuff I was never going to use again anyhow and alot of it I bought at garage sales or from Kijiji myself. Im going out today to pick up some new stuff for my girls with the money. Children's place, here I come!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

I have sold on both UO and Kijiji. It is a pain as many people doen't show up. What I have been doing lately is look at the ads of people looking then emailing them with what I have a give a price.

Just have to be careful. I try to only sell stuff when I know my husband will be home just for saftey

Good Luck

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

I sold once on kijiji gc but never bought anything. I have been crusing it though looking for a toddler bed, I've seen a few car ones that would be perfect for my son so I may be making my first purchase soon.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I've sold lots of stuff on Used Ottawa but never meet people at my house; I usually meet them at Bayshore or another mall and have never had a person not show up.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

People always come to my house, But I live in a secure building so people couldn't come back that night to axe me or something.

Plus, my dog & my neighbors dog barking usually throws them off when they knock. Sparky doesn't bark much, unless he's far from the door and he hears someone knock. (yet he's too lazy to come see who it is..)
    Previously CanadianBella... I'm baaack!
    Check out my Trade & Wishlist

Thread Information