User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by vibrantflame View Post
    I know, this drives me mad too. I have seen where I am sitting in my living room, right by the door, and never hear them knock, just find the card stuck in the door later. I think sometimes they don't even bring the parcel with them, they just stick a card in the door and leave you to it.
    OMG this happens to me all the time! They never knock, they never ring the bell, they lightly honk the horn. And if you're not in the front room you don't even hear it (I too have 2 very noise sensitive dogs that bark at anything they hear outside and even they don't catch the honk)! And she never has the parcel in her arms when she walks to the door, she just comes with the notice! I've opened the door before and she's been "oh. you're here... I'll go find your parcel..."!

The other half of the time the slip is just put in our mail box and she doesn't even attempt to come to the door - which is even worse as it doesn't even give us a chance! Geez!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Yeah, when I lived in an apartment building they would do that, just leave the notice. I knew because caller id on the phone would show the buzzer wasn't even rung, or I would have been home the whole time, and then go down check the mail to find a "sorry we missed you" notice. It all depended on what person was doing the mail that day. Two delivery people were great, always buzzed, one never did, just put the notices.

I also happened to apparently be a boundary line for the post offices, one was 5 minute walk away, the other was a 15 minutes walk away, which is long with a heavy parcel.

Now I have to go to the post office. As I don't get mail delivery here in the rural area. At least then when I get a notice in the mail I just have to walk four steps to the counter to get the package
    Last edited by matrix82; Fri, Sep 16th, 2011 at 10:08 PM.
    Try out the maven box by julep And code FREEFB, and get your box for one cent:
    Use this link
    http://www.julep.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/2287/

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Just happened to me twice! I have two packages waiting for me tomorrow at the post office and NOBODY knocked or anything when they were supposedly attempted to be delivered.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

" I live in an apartment and usually work afternoons so im home when the mail comes" Doenst mean your mail carrier delivered it. Sometimes they get sent out with the driver. My family is all postal carriers

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sally888 View Post
    It seems to be a standard practice of theirs. Happens to me all the time.
    Well it is NOT standard practice in my area, that I know.

babies teach us acceptance

Rocky! Rocky! Rah Rah Rah c_mcarthur's Avatar
    Trading Score
    102 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MommyMelanie2007 View Post
    " I live in an apartment and usually work afternoons so im home when the mail comes" Doenst mean your mail carrier delivered it. Sometimes they get sent out with the driver. My family is all postal carriers
    well it definitely came with the carrier who dropped off my regular mail because it was in my box along with the rest of my mail.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by win-star View Post
    Yup that's CP for you.

why wasn't she holding the package her excuse was i put it back in the truck ... from my door to the end of my driveway is about 30 feet ... so she then said oh, I'll go get your package from the truck since you are home ... *facepalm*
    Busted.

At least you get door to door delivery.
    We have the "super mailboxes" with the key. Sometimes the packages don't fit in there.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by c_mcarthur View Post
    well it definitely came with the carrier who dropped off my regular mail because it was in my box along with the rest of my mail.
    well the second mail carrier would also have a key to the mailbox (if it has a key)
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

they did this to me too yesterday so now have to wait till monday and its usually something small that could have fit in my mail box like the pg samplers I have 5 pick up notices now ,fun fun fun

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Apparently what my packages were was some set and refreshes. I dunno why I got 2, but I did. WHY exactly do I have to sign for air fresheners? Silliness all around.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

wow so I picked up my 5 parcels today and 4 were from resolve and one p&g sampler ,the post office lady had no idea why they werent left in my mail box as they all would fit ,then she said they all have to be signed for ?? I was like really? its all free samples ??
    really weird ?

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

I had to laugh today. i had CP deliver our PP's and the guy thanked me for being at home. said he didnt want to have to fill out forms to leave behind as he would have had to do up 3. he was too happy I was home. I wasn't sure who was happier actually . him or I.. me for finally getting passports or him for me being home.

Trading Score
    90 (100%)

He, he... I found in my mail box a notice: "Can I buy you lunch?" Ha, ha, that's because I am so nice to our mail man! I feel sorry now but I have to refuse...

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

I feel bad for you, I'm sure it is very very frustrating. I am very lucky, the guy who delivers our mail to the condo is great. He will leave my parcels with my neighbour if I'm not home.

He will ring me if she is not home too, cause he knows I will take her parcels. Sound like a lot of you guys are really having issues. I used to in our house, but since I have moved here to this condo, it's been great...DONT SHOOT ME
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information