User Tag List

Trading Score
    118 (100%)

Effective immediately: Dollarama will not take coupons in the Barrie Bayfield location. (I can't see how it wouldn't be Dollarama every where, but I was only in this one location).

I spoke with the manager (? could have been assistant) tonight at closing time, she said she JUST FOUND OUT, last night, that effective immediately they are NOT to accept ANY coupons.

REASON: is because vendors are NOT paying Dollarama for the coupons because they feel that the product is already discounted "enough" because it's sold in the dollar store.

One of the companies that is NOT giving grief: Reckitt Benkiser (the company that markets Frank's Hot Sauce).

One of the company's giving grief: Cadbury!

The reasoning that the stores cannot or do not have a way to input coupons into their registers is NOT accurate. I also confirmed this with the manager, she said that accepting coupons was not an issue (or inputting them into the cash register).

As I see it, there are a few things here that can be done, if we want to have coupons at the dollar store.

1. we can contact the companies that are putting the kybosh on the coupons (Cadbury was the one named, but there may be others), and let them know: we would be fine with NOT buying your product at the dollar store with a coupon if you write that into the wording on your coupons! Simple fix.

2. support the companies that want to continue having us purchase their items at the dollar store with a coupon by calling and writing them to let them know that they can contact the dollar store too and get them to change their policy, because it affects them as well.

Basically, the Dollarama is throwing out ALL coupons use, at the cost of the vendors that do allow them in the dollar store.

Support the Dollarama store by speaking with their head office. I can honestly say, I don't shop at Dollarama very often and that I had not used a coupon there (yet). But if you feel that the dollar store accepting coupons is something you'd like to see happen, then contact them.

Dollarama
    5805 Royalmount Ave, Montreal, Quebec
    H4P 0A1
    (Toll Free 1-888-755-1006, Local 514-737-1006)

[email protected]

http://www.dollarama.com/home/

CADBURY information:
    http://www.cadbury.com/

To contact our head office, please call 1-847-646-2000

Reckitt Benckiser (Canada) Inc.
    1680 Tech Avenue, Unit 2
    Mississauga,
    Ontario
    L4W 5S9
    Canada

T +1 905 283 7000
    F +1 905 283 7001

http://www.rb.com/RB-worldwide/Opera...e-world/Canada

Happy Saving!
    CentrallyCalm
    This thread is currently associated with: Air Wick, Dollarama
    CentrallyCalm has sent out 28 trains!...whoo hoo! Teaching Newbie Coupon Classes! Let me know if you'd like to come to a class, in person, face to face; with real handout reference & teaching materials... it's the only class quite like it! PM for details & areas where I will teach!

dch
    Female
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I don't blame them.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The Dollorama in Vernon, BC is not accepting coupons either.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I haven't actually tried using coupons at Dollarama. But I find it strange that manufacturers are refusing to reimburse them for that reason. My understanding is that companies budget a certain amount for coupons and then put the appropriate number of coupons out. So what difference would it make to them who gets the money that they've already budgeted as long as the coupons are being used by customers using their products?

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Vendors have to be registered vendors to receive reimbursement for coupons, if they are being turned down, its likely they didnt register (probably because they buy from liquidated stock and not from the manufacturer to prove stock levels)
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Thread Information