User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Site: Eyewearmagic.com
    http://eyewearmagic.com/index.php?act=home

Products: Prescription eyewear starting at $12

My experience: I ordered glasses from Eyewear Magic with some trepidation... I am VERY picky and I could not try them on... I have a small bridge and it's difficult to get glasses to fit. My prescription is in the -6.00 range. I was ordering these as a back-up pair

I selected http://eyewearmagic.com/index.php?ac...tId=387&page=0

Mainly because i wanted a plastic frame to hide the thickness of the lenses and though it now says the width of the bridge is 17 I'm sure it said 14 before!

I placed my order on July 29 and received Aug 15
    Total cost - $35 USD
    Frame cost - $12
    Upgraded lenses to the 1.61 cost $15
    Shipping - out of Markham - $8
    Payment - Paypal

Came with a hard case, cloth, screwdriver and suction cup toy.

Reaction: These glasses were SO much better than i was expecting.
    They fit well and I could see! Now i don't have to wear my "good" glasses for crafts or painting or anything.

NOTE: you need to know your pupil distance to order. I asked when I had my eyes checked for it to be included on my prescription.

Pros:
    Price!
    Quick customer service for any questions I emailed
    Delivery was fairly quick

Cons:
    They won't make tinted lenses for my thickness!
    No name brand - can't try on elsewhere
    The webpage lay out is a bit wonky
    The original pair i selected was out of stock when i went back after thinking about it for a couple of weeks
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by curls; Sat, Oct 4th, 2008 at 07:24 PM.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

A similar store like that is ZenniOptical.com, you should give them a try if you want tinted lenses or different choices for frames =)

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

We pay so much for glasses in north america. The prices these websites are offering are the same as what you get in so many other countries around the world. it's just that we pay so much more for marketing and branding.

I'm surprised these websites are offering such cheap deals to north americans, but it's about time.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

So many frames to choose from, so little timeeee :D

I can literally get 4 pairs of glasses from Eyewearmagic for the price of one at Lenscrafters *shakes head*

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    152 (100%)

My mom, sisters and I buy glasses and contacts online from canada thru Clearlycontacts.ca.
    You go to the site, pick up to 3 frames to try, the federal express them to you overnight to try on, you send them back, pick a frame & send a copy of your prescription, and *VOILA...they deliver them within 3 days to your door, and the best part??YOU DON'T HAVE TO PAY A PENNY TIL YOU GET YOUR GLASSES OR CONTACTS..AND YOU CAN PAY BY PAYPAL!!!
    We've been customers for about 2 yrs now, and order 2x a year (the kids like to get new frames) they have inexpensive, good quality and designer frames. My mom just ordered a pair for 89.00 Canadian including taxes complete, and they are gorgeous.

Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

wow i should start ordering them online the ones im wearing now that i got new a couple months ago cost almost $300 and they arent designer brand either but with the frame cost, lens cost, thinner lens added cost (i have bad eyes and wanted thinner lenses), and doctor fee it came to almost $300
    the clearly contacts one sounds better cause i would rather try them on first make sure i like them and that they fit right (very narrow nose like op and smaller head then most adult frames fit) and look right with my hair and skin tone (am very very very pale so most glasses look too dark) am going to go check them out see if i can find some i like LOL

Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yeah, I was also considering between clearly contacts and eyewear magic... but I think clearly contacts has a lot of hidden "add-on's" and everytime in the end my total ends up being waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more than what I could get from Eyewear Magic...

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Frame Page
    http://www.eyewearmagic.com/index.ph...0&colour=black
    Content

Content Display

Glasses

the glasses were mailed from toronto. i've never imagined they were so beautiful when i ordered them - sorry i dont have a professional camera so it doesnt really show. i've had them checked in walmart and the accuracy of the glasses and coatings were flawless. there was no hidden cost and customer service was very proactive and friendly. i noticed that their website was slower after i have ordered though, i guess that was because they were doing promotions. generally im very happy with the glasses, recommended!

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by candyapples View Post
    Yeah, I was also considering between clearly contacts and eyewear magic... but I think clearly contacts has a lot of hidden "add-on's" and everytime in the end my total ends up being waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more than what I could get from Eyewear Magic...
    Note quite sure what you mean by 'hidden' add ons.

I've ordered 4 times from clearly contacts and been happy with my purchase each time, there were NEVER hidden add ons.

I even got to partake in the free glasses promo and I got a pair of coach glasses for 10$ shipping.

I've ordered Gucci glasses that I made into a prescription sunglasses which just cost extra for the tinting, so it was frames plus tint free ship

I ordered a pair of regular glasses and it was just frames free ship price

and I've ordered a pair of the 38$ ones and they were 38 plus 9.95 shipping.

Theres also a ton coupon codes floating around :D

No hidden fees at all. Shrug.

Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

if they do that free glasses promo this year im going to order something for sure...im pretty sure i have my prescription somewhere LOL
    whiterv love the glasses! i would probably look dumb in them though thats the only downside to the eyewear magic site i would have to try on the glasses before i would want to buy them im just so picky and not much looks good on me

Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I don't know how it was back then but from my experience..Eye wear magic (www.eyewearmagic.ca), is ...their product is crap. I ordered a pair and it didnt show up for 2 months..yes they come straight from China. And they broke within one week and I tried to get a refund but no one even cared to even call me back. DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM THESE JOKERS, YOU'LL BE SORRY. I would recommend Clearlycontacts.ca.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

http://www.lbweyewear.com/Products/P...FAP-03240.html
    This is the site I tried last time (those exact ones). ^
    They were really good, as well. Under $60 (including shipping) and I got 2 pairs with the lenses, and I have horrid eyes.
    I might try this site, because I really love the frames you got, lol. I've been going with the square/rectangle frames for about a year now, maybe it's time to go back to round sometimes.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by murray321 View Post
    I don't know how it was back then but from my experience..Eye wear magic (www.eyewearmagic.ca), is ...their product is crap. I ordered a pair and it didnt show up for 2 months..yes they come straight from China. And they broke within one week and I tried to get a refund but no one even cared to even call me back. DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM THESE JOKERS, YOU'LL BE SORRY. I would recommend Clearlycontacts.ca.
    I think Murray is from the clearlyconatcts company haha, he has only done 2 blah posts after this post, and all done within 3 minutes of this post... spammer ...

Me and my family have never had any problem with those problems you said with Eye Wear Magic. What you said is not true, Murray.

Anyway, I've tried clearlycontacts before, these guys were actually pretty good too. If they didn't do so many "marketing strategies" to trick me into paying more, I'll appreciate a bit more. I personally like Eye Wear Magic more because their help line is more way more personal and helping. And lenses were thinner.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    -2 (0%)

I guess it's a crap shoot as I tried clearly contacts and within a week had to bring them in to get fixed[sides broke[ as did my sisters glasses, the glasses are cheap but looked good at first they are junk in my opinion after 3 months they are unusable,but maybe others have ordered and liked there glasses,as for me I would never order them from clearly contacts again.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Make sure you get your PD - pupil distance when you get your eye exam. The optometrist didn't do mine and the people at the store I got my exam at tried to charge me additional $35 just to measure it even though I paid $70 for an exam less than 24 hours ago.

Hakim Optical quoted me $450 + Tax for glasses I got online for $105CDN WITH shipping.

Titanium Frames, 1.67 high index lens with all the fancy coatings...don't cheap out on lenses.

I told the lady I was probably going to go online and she exploded at me saying:

"ORDERING ONLINE IS DANGEROUS!"

In fact all of Hakim optical staff are trained to say that because I called around and asked about it just for kicks and they all blew up at me saying "ORDERING ONLINE IS DANGEROUS."

I tried to explain:
    1. My eye exam was conducted by a local Doctor with a fancy degree in YOUR STORE
    2. Yes the glasses are made over seas but when they get into the country they are checked by a licensed optician IN Canada for prescription accuracy.

All she had to say was....BUT ITS DANGEROUS...

Dangerous to her profits maybe.

Sandy from Hakim Optical can suck it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information