User Tag List

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I had bought an SDM gift card a couple of weeks ago but didn't end up using it. I have read on here that other SC'ers shop the points event, buying a $50 gift card when they arrive and then pay with it.

So I went Saturday for the spend $75 and get xxx amount of points. I was a few dollars over the $75 (so all good) went to pay and the young man tells me that, as a form of payment gift cards cannot be used during the point events. I was stunned. He said it will bring my total below the $75 and then I wouldn't receive the points so I could only pay debit/cash/CC if I didn't want to lose the bonus points. I told him that GC were basically cash but he said "trust me you will lose the extra points". My man was there so I didn't want to make a scene and just said fine and paid by debit.

I am sure others have used Gift Cards to pay at these events. Am I wrong? I don't know what the heck the difference is!
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart
    Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far they can to. ~T.S. Eliot

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

I always pay with a gc and get my points. It's the 'promo' gift cards that you get (for the spend $50 and get a $10 gc) that are treated different and will bring your total down.
    Collecting Campbell's soup labels for our school RAKs greatly appreciated.
    Using WagJag for great deals!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Clerk doesn't know what he's talking about IMO. GCs are just another form of money, except as mentioned, those promo cards.

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

Wow, that's a new one! lol

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

He was wrong, there are promo GCs that are treated like discount cards that SDM gives out occasionally that do not count towards points (usually $10 ones) that have a scannable barcode
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

A few weeks ago I was paying with a regular gc only spending a few dollars.The cashier was saying you have to spend over $10.I said this is a regular gc not a promotional gc.So after that no problem.Some of them cashiers don't know anything.
    Last edited by Poirot; Tue, Sep 20th, 2011 at 12:09 PM.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks so much. Good to know I wasn't wrong. Of course now i'm a little !!
    Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far they can to. ~T.S. Eliot

Thread Information