User Tag List

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Went to Wal-Mart Sydney River tonight to get some of the Advil Nightime 10's.....they were $4.77 and I had a competitor coupon for $4 off. During a previous trip to Walmart I went to customer service and made sure the competitor coupon (for a different item) was good and Al (the manager or assistant manager....not exactly sure) told me it was good....he said, a coupon is a coupon. So tonight when the young girl who is the cashier supervisor told me the loblaws coupon was no good and I couldn't use it I was shocked. I told her about my previous conversation with Al. She really struck me as a know it all, nightmare and she kind of embarrased me to the point where I was just about to say to heck with my other purchases but I told he I could show her the coupon policy saying competitor coupons were good and she said no she had it and it says right on it that sobeys and superstore coupons are no good. So I asked her for a copy because I know the coupon policy for Walmart says Competitor coupons are accepted as long as they meet certain criteria (which mine did).....about 10 minutes later she called down to the cash I was at and told the girl on that cash to tell me the photocopier was broken but Al would come talk to me. I must say he is a really nice person to deal with and while I didn't get an answer on the use of the Loblaw's (competitor) coupons, he said he would check on it and next time I was in I could ask him. He approved the purchase of my items and and I left feeling like I was doing something wrong......not because of Al,but because of that snotty cashier supervisor. Just because we're couponing, doesn't mean we are doing something wrong....I am a responsible couponer and don't try to pass off expired coupons or coupons that don't apply to an item. Sometimes I feel like Its like they are expecting you to do something wrong. Anyone else feel like this?
    This thread is currently associated with: Loblaws, Real Canadian Superstore RCSS, Sobeys, Walmart

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Wow, I've never been treated like that there. Honestly, it's my favourite place to use all my coupons.

I didn't think we were allowed to use competitor's coupons unless it said "manufacturer" on them. I hope this gets clarified because that's great if we can.

Sorry you were treated so badly.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Al made all the difference, he seems like a very nice person to deal with....

Trading Score
    66 (100%)

do they still have the coupons at superstore...thats an awesome deal

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

hi Saddlebag......yes, Superstore still has coupons. In Glace Bay they are out in the foyer as you enter and in Sydney River they are kind of hidden away over by the washrooms.

Trading Score
    69 (95%)

I have been saying since I began with the coupons , I never not once had a postive experince with wal mart in the river ,, in fact it was so bad they are taken off my List of stores I will give a cent too ,, My experince would be I would rather let a coupon expire than too even set foot in that place ,, and al might be nice when talking to someone about his lack of knowledge ,, But the way those cash register ladies or dudes are trainned is just sad ,, I even had one time a stock boy tell me my black and white coupon was a copied one because coupons dont come in black and white ,, Yeah Okay then lol

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Sometimes its such a hassle to use coupons, I've started to make a list of the good cashiers at different stores so I can avoided leaving with a huge headache.
    Wm coupon policy states that competitors coupons are only accepted if they have a specified value ie use this coupon to get item for 1.99. And no longer accept dollar off competitors coupons.
    But if the managers cool with it then great for you !!!

Trading Score
    69 (95%)

how do you have the counter thing there its really cute Yeah I like too remember faces ,, theres a few that if i have too explain what per purchase means I will be very cranky lol

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by CaperSaver View Post
    I have been saying since I began with the coupons , I never not once had a postive experince with wal mart in the river ,, in fact it was so bad they are taken off my List of stores I will give a cent too ,, My experince would be I would rather let a coupon expire than too even set foot in that place ,, and al might be nice when talking to someone about his lack of knowledge ,, But the way those cash register ladies or dudes are trainned is just sad ,, I even had one time a stock boy tell me my black and white coupon was a copied one because coupons dont come in black and white ,, Yeah Okay then lol
    I know, sometimes its just unbelievable......the cashier supervisor I mentioned in my previous post was just nasty. I have a good mind to write to Walmart and complain about her. I don't write letters of complaint...ever, but she was just plain rude. I think she was actually ticked off when Al told her the coupons would be accepted but he would have to look in to it further for future use.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I Will not shop at the sydney river walmart. They are nasty, and rude, and totally ignorant of walmarts policies. I've had two occasions where i was so frustrated by the staff that I simply walked away from my entire order at the checkout. Once it was two carts full.

I have never been treated so poorly by a store in my entire life.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Sorry to hear that happened to you too, Caperboi....I watched a documentary the other night called "Customer Disservice" It was basically about the change in people's attitudes toward holding a job in customer service positions. They no longer want to please the customer because they simply don't care.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    128 (100%)

walmart sydney river is horrible , but it is only 2 min from my house so i do go in there,
    adam the supervisor- manager or whatever he is i have a problem with he was so ignornat one time with me about the aspirin coupon(i had 3 of them and the cashier called him over about it and he said a purchase is a transaction and i stood ground finally he told the girl oh just give it to her in the most ignorant way ) i was so mad i emailed walmart that night after that he has been all smiles ... whatever dont like him
    Last edited by tanyamcn; Tue, Sep 27th, 2011 at 10:11 PM.

Trading Score
    66 (100%)

good for you to stand your ground....these power trippen little piss ants get on my nerves...and it looks really good on them when they get reprimanded and have to continue facing you...

Quote Originally Posted by tanyamcn View Post
    walmart sydney river is horrible , but it is only 2 min from my house so i do go in there,
    adam the supervisor- manager or whatever he is i have a problem with he was so ignornat one time with me about the aspirin coupon(i had 3 of them and the cashier called him over about it and he said a purchase is a transaction and i stood ground finally he told the girl oh just give it to her in the most ignorant way ) i was so mad i emailed walmart that night after that he has been all smiles ... whatever dont like him
    ....just be happy

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Well, for the last week or so I have been thinking about that walmart experience where the customer service manager was so rude and ignorant to me.....I don't like to make complaints but its been on my mind so much that today I decided I am doing something about it! I called the 800 number to report my "store experience".......the rep I spoke to told me she would file a formal complaint and I would receive a call from one of the higher ups. If someone came in to my place of work and I treated them the way I was treated at walmart ........well, I think I'd be in the unemployment line right now! On a more positive note, I also told them that the floor manager who I also dealt with on that trip was courteous and polite to deal with. ( I hate complaining, so I felt I had to punctuate this with something positive!) LOL!

Thread Information