User Tag List

Ripple Effect of Kindness Blk_rose's Avatar
    Trading Score
    82 (100%)

My next hamper is for a older lady that is blind and extremly hard of hearing. I just want to know some things to help make her hamper the safest as possible for her.

how will she know what item is what? is there anyway I can do something so she can figure it out? I will have various bottles of cleaners,body and hair products..not to mention the foods.

Is anyone familiar with the blind and how the know things they can not see? This lady battles MS and the blindness and hard of hearing and I just want to make her life as easy and SAFE as I possible.

Thanks
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

~The Ripple Effect of Kindness Project~

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

you could contant the CNIB in your area (Canadian national Institute for the Blind) and see if they have any suggestions..
    my MIL is nearly blind and she literally has the opening the size of a dime in her one eye she sees the world through. its not easy. she has a handicapped sticker for when we drive her around.. but when it comes to day to day life.. she listens to the radio ALOT. and watchs some tv.. she doesn't read much . mail etc.. can't see well enough to do scratch tickets or read fine print to read a book/paper.
    can she read braille. you could ask CNIB if anyone in her area can print off labels for the items. you could consider some nice slippers or something cozy for her to wear. a plant she could tend to. im not sure if you have a CCAC in your area. see if they can help. if you need more help etc. you can PM me.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

blk rose

i work doing engraving I will look and see if i can print lables off with the engraver not sure about this one as i have never tryed but I am willing to look in to it

ps i will drop of your tide coupis on sat!

Trading Score
    84 (100%)

My sister's friend is blind, but manages extremely well. Just had a baby! How much can this lady see? Maybe you don't know, but if she can see color, you can put a large colored patch on body products in a different color than cleaners. Group items together, tape - string and explain or really big label so she can put it away where she finds those type of products.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Saw a Dymo label maker at Rexall on clearance.My Dad used to use one at his work and labels were embossed.

Rika
    Trading Score
    58 (100%)

colours like red for danger blue for poo cleaner ..... that kind of connection ..... with the stickers

Rika
    Trading Score
    58 (100%)

if she can see colours

Thread Information