User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    79 (100%)

I was wondering if anyone out there would be able to help me with social donations or how to find them. seems like not many places are donating anymore so if anyone has any info to help me please pm me!! thanks in advance!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Coupon Queenie #376
    Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Tell me about it!! I sent out about 100 sponsor letters last year for my son and got one response for pizza!!! Its all in the wording I guess cause I have known people to get things such as computers, tickets and even sex toys for social events...I just dont have the luck in asking for donations I guess.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    79 (100%)

ya me either!!

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

good luck. when my son graduated grade school 3 years ago we tried to get a few sponsers in the area to donate some prizes. they all laughed at us like we had two heads.. its really hard unless your a registered charity. good luck OP.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    121 (100%)

I guess that is why people are resorting to buying social prizes for the silent auction ... we have only been to 2 in the last year, but all the prizes were amazing. At one they had lots of prizes but then had three "bonus prizes": a 40" tv, small bar fridge and a wii. when I asked they said they buy all the prizes now and charge more for the tickets so they still make lots of money. that's just shocking.

Trading Score
    92 (100%)

try googling it and you can find forum results of people saying where they got donations.
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avrose
    Check out Tangerine with my Orange Key!! 40411099S1

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    79 (100%)

thats a good idea thanks

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Fabutan ALWAYS gives to socials, and Mark's Work Wearhouse does (my sister used to work there)....I also have some $20 off salon services cards for City Looks salon I could give you if you like.

Also, keep your eye on group buying sites. If you DO have to supplement prizes by purchasing things, see if you can by a voucher on a group buying site to save cash.
    Last edited by scaredasyou; Thu, Sep 22nd, 2011 at 02:35 PM.

Trading Score
    513 (100%)

there is so many socials here that not many places give out unless its family/friends works - most people I think now a days - buy the huge ticket items to get a good return

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    197 (100%)

Have you tried the places you patronize ie your hairdresser's, etc.?
    Vous parlez français? Venez nous visiter sur www.rabaisextreme.ca!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My husband is a business owner and gets asked constantly for social prizes. It came to the point that unless the person asking is a client or having a social for a "cause" than he says no. Getting married, graduating etc is not a worthy cause for most business owners.

I suggest to shop smart and buy the prizes yourself. We didn't have a social for this very reason. I hate bugging people for things/money, even when it's a legitimate charity event.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    79 (100%)

i go to a local hairdresser here and gisel's where i use to go to for treatments doesnt do social donations even for clients.. will never go back there now! a couple places donated but not much out there!! i understand that these places get hit up for donations a lot.. but usually ppl go and buy stuff after too so it is like promoting their business as same time right?

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    92 (100%)

When my daughter got married last year, I made 3 large baskets mysefl with the free or low price items I get from couponing.
    I made a baby one worth about $150. cost me about $25.
    Made a womans one with every thing from shampoo, candles, nail polish and a gift card I got from Airmiles.worth about $150. cost me about $10.
    the last was a cleaning one with a laundry basket full of cleaners and bathroon supplies like a shower curtain, toilet cleaner and a cheap towel worth about $100. cost me about $15.
    You can also try places like Mr. lube and other guy places like a pool hall or bowling alley.
    We had a patio set, bbq and some sports jerseys my son in law got off of e-bay at $10.00 each worth between $50 and $100 each - we had 5 of them.

We had luck with those also.
    Now would be a great ime to buy a bbq or other summer items.

hope this helps.
    Breyden's, Lizzie's, Alexa's & Danica's Grama
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/[email protected]

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

When I had my social in 2000, it was hard to find donations. Sadly, it's just gotten more difficult since then. Scaredasyou is correct though about Fabutan. Last I heard they are still giving out GC's. The Love Nest is also good for getting GC's from.

For my brother's social, several of us made baskets with different themes (i.e. Bath, kids, cooking, etc).

Also, check with the DJ to see if they offer anything. I know some did in the past. If you only provide beer from one brand, that company might throw something in as well.
    Join me on Swagbucks! It's fun and easy. Click here to get started http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Turtle1973

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    192 (100%)

i know back when i had a social the labbatt office (century street) gave us some donations. just had to show them the permit.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information