User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Trading Score
    124 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 2010ontest View Post
    The color of Vif D'Etampes is very beautiful and the cake made with this so yummy
    I was surprised when I saw the deep color...although I shouldn't have been considering it's name, lol. I planted some sugar pumpkin for pies and cakes and didn't know that these ones would be good too. Thanks for letting me know! Before you process them, do you bake or boil them?

Oh, and at Metro tonight, I noticed lots of squash but pretty expensive (over 1$ per lb). Does anyone know what's used to make the outside of them so shiny? Makes me think of varnish .

Name:  Rouge Vif D'Etampes.jpg
Views: 186
Size:  37.2 KB
    ~RRLF $0.75 Organic Meadow, $1 Almond Fresh~

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Wow... those in the pic are beautiful!

Trading Score
    160 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by snuffaluffagus View Post
    I was surprised when I saw the deep color...although I shouldn't have been considering it's name, lol. I planted some sugar pumpkin for pies and cakes and didn't know that these ones would be good too. Thanks for letting me know! Before you process them, do you bake or boil them?

Oh, and at Metro tonight, I noticed lots of squash but pretty expensive (over 1$ per lb). Does anyone know what's used to make the outside of them so shiny? Makes me think of varnish .

Name:  Rouge Vif D'Etampes.jpg
Views: 186
Size:  37.2 KB
    I'm jealous snuff

With a knife, just do some incision here and there to let the steam go out of your squash. Put the squash at 350F in the oven for 45-60 minutes or until your knife pull in easily. Remove the squash for the oven and let it cool down a bit. The skin will be easy to remove and the seeds also. After you just have to do a mash/puree by adding some water if needed.

With the puree you will be able to do a cake like this:

If you add chocolate, the cake will be like a brownies
    Liberty of one finish where liberty of the other one start

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 2010ontest View Post

With a knife, just do some incision here and there to let the steam go out of your squash. Put the squash at 350F in the oven for 45-60 minutes or until your knife pull in easily. Remove the squash for the oven and let it cool down a bit. The skin will be easy to remove and the seeds also. After you just have to do a mash/puree by adding some water if needed.

If you add chocolate, the cake will be like a brownies

Thank you I never knew how to make my own puree. Cheers!

Trading Score
    160 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cbou View Post
    Oh contest unless they have changed, I have seen NO deals au Centre d'interprétation de la courgerie. I was soo disappointed when I went. Super C have better deals. If you want to ''trippe'' and cut your own squash in the field, that will be about the only high you will get there unless you are willing to spent. They have a great souvenir shop, and great ideas but you need the moula-moula.

Have you ever gone to the One time a year sale at the Fruiterie 440 near the Colussus. For a wkd ALL veggies are 1/2 price. I stocked on items that stay fresh long and that I usually don't buy much such as ''echalotte francaise'', ''topinambours'', squash, etc. I don't know if they will do it this yr but it is usually occuring around this time.

We will go to the centre d'interprétation de la courge (La courgerie is an other place in Lanaudière) for the visite with the kids... and because we have a family pass to visit Intermiel at St-Benoit. My little boy really like any kind of bug and insect

For the squash, on year I was very lucky. Someone was giving all the squash from her garden, I get 20 potirons and was so happy

If you saw something good at the Fruiterie 440 near the Colussus or Sammy fruit, let me know I didn't go there usually, I shop at Mascouche but I live 30 km further... so I need a good reason to go at Laval.

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

Thank you for the explanation, Ontest . The recipe I had said to boil my sugar pumpkin and I worried it would take much of the flavor from it.
    ~RRLF $0.75 Organic Meadow, $1 Almond Fresh~

Trading Score
    160 (100%)

ok, I was at centre d'intéprétation de la courge yesterday and buy some kind of squash that I didn't find at superC....

The cost at centre d'intéprétation de la courge was determinated by the lady (looking the squash and giving price...). I weigh my squash at home and the cost was 0.52$/lbs so this is similar to superC this week (0.49$/lbs).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information