User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Trading Score
    160 (100%)

OK I'm looking for some winter squash (not pumpkin).

If someone saw a good deal (or have too much in the garden!) let me know
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by 2010ontest; Wed, Oct 5th, 2011 at 07:55 AM.
    Liberty of one finish where liberty of the other one start

Trading Score
    160 (100%)

I'm still looking...

SuperC will have the at 0.49$/lb by tomorow...

Let me know if you saw better deals

Somewhere between Sherbrooke and Montréal
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Maybe is you go directly to the producer, I usually buy them 1-2$ each at my apple producer. But usually you get better after Halloween (of course )

Trading Score
    160 (100%)

I don't want pumpkin, I wanted the other one squash... (butternut, buttercup, potiron, vegetal squash, turban squash, sweet mama, grey squash, red vif d'etampes, hubbard squash, ect. To see some pic click here: http://www.lacourgerie.com/Les%20courges%20geantes.htm ).

The producer usually don't buy those one for a dollar or two, except for the very small one but not the maxima squash type.

Usually, I go to the producer to get them... but the bushel is at 45$... SuperC deal at 0.49$/lbs is better... because I can't put 90lbs of squash in a bushel.

And after halloween, I found it harder usually to get them.

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

The only place I can think of is Quin Farm in Île-Perrot but, on their website, it's 80 cents per pound...maybe they'll be cheaper in November? The farmers market here has very little variety (it's been years I'm trying to find summer squash and finally just grew it myself) but I'll keep my eye out for a good bargain elsewhere.

I grew Rouge Vif D'Etampes in our garden this year...only managed to get two. Maybe next year we can arrange a local squash trade .
    ~RRLF $0.75 Organic Meadow, $1 Almond Fresh~

Trading Score
    211 (100%)

All i can think of is the centre d'interpretation de la courge, but their site is down. that place is pretty awsome if you get to try her pumkin cookies....ohhhhh yum! Hher chips are great to!

Somewhere between Sherbrooke and Montréal
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

I was not talking about pumpkin, I was really talking about squash. Well, it is sure that Super C has a good deal.
    After Halloween, local producer always have good deal due to less people buying stuff (apple,squash pumpkin, onion, carrot ect.)

Trading Score
    160 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by snuffaluffagus View Post
    The only place I can think of is Quin Farm in Île-Perrot but, on their website, it's 80 cents per pound...maybe they'll be cheaper in November? The farmers market here has very little variety (it's been years I'm trying to find summer squash and finally just grew it myself) but I'll keep my eye out for a good bargain elsewhere.

I grew Rouge Vif D'Etampes in our garden this year...only managed to get two. Maybe next year we can arrange a local squash trade .
    heyhey maybe !!!

The color of Vif D'Etampes is very beautiful and the cake made with this so yummy

Trading Score
    160 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by IMLN View Post
    All i can think of is the centre d'interpretation de la courge, but their site is down. that place is pretty awsome if you get to try her pumkin cookies....ohhhhh yum! Hher chips are great to!
    I know this place but never go... usually I go to the "Courgerie" at Ste-Elizabeth... But I have the plan to go this week-end, because I have a family pass for Intermiel. They are in the same area, so have think to stop there this year

Trading Score
    160 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by saradouce View Post
    I was not talking about pumpkin, I was really talking about squash. Well, it is sure that Super C has a good deal.
    After Halloween, local producer always have good deal due to less people buying stuff (apple,squash pumpkin, onion, carrot ect.)
    I found that squash after halloween could have freeze outside and are less good to keep for long time storage at home. I'm doing my reserve right now. I hope to have enought to go until february or march by eating one or two per week.

I have already got my apple for free. My cousin have a big old apple tree, the apple from that tree are ready late in august. Also with my neighbor friend, I have picked the apples in a wild apple tree between her house and mine. I already have 40 liters of apple sauce in jar, this is enought for my family and have done my pectin for my futur jam and jelly. The other apple I need are the Empire (ready only late in october) because I like them, they are aromatic and good to preserve in a cold place for long time.

I'm ok with carrot also, I have good friend of me producer of carrot and cabbage and I usually got it for free (or close, I do some jar of stuff for them and I get my carrot by 50 lbs bag each time and I received some big cabbage when I need it all year long).

Trading Score
    211 (100%)

Its quite close Intermiel is in st-eustache, centre d'interpretation de la courge is in st-joseph. Make sure to take back roads 640 sucks with construction AND apple picking. Take the road that will take you off the 640 at the 25 ave in st-eustache.

Trading Score
    211 (100%)

10- 15 min drive, between the the 2 i would say

Trading Score
    160 (100%)

I know they are close

I will avoid the highway and pass "par en arrière" like we said

We usually take the road 158 (we are close this road) and go south by road 148, turn on chemin clément-Pesant, turn south on road Grand-Brulé to St-Benoit... We will turn on de la Fresnière to go at Intermiel first and After we go to OKA or St-Joseph. We love that road and usually we go to "Labonté de la pomme" each fall also at OKA. (We never take the Highway to go there to many people from the city on highway!!!)

If I remember Le centre d'interprétation de la courge is on the Principal road at St-Joseph... We have pass in front many time, but never stopped. Also we plan to go on friday because my daughter don't have school this friday (probably less people than saturday or sunday I think)

Trading Score
    211 (100%)

It is, you know my end of the city pretty good! hehe if you see a street that makes you think of cartons of milk all lined up in a row...that's my street =) new developpement, can't miss it really, the housses are all the same and all alligned, it reallly does look like milk town! Have fun!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 2010ontest View Post
    I know they are close

I will avoid the highway and pass "par en arrière" like we said

We usually take the road 158 (we are close this road) and go south by road 148, turn on chemin clément-Pesant, turn south on road Grand-Brulé to St-Benoit... We will turn on de la Fresnière to go at Intermiel first and After we go to OKA or St-Joseph. We love that road and usually we go to "Labonté de la pomme" each fall also at OKA. (We never take the Highway to go there to many people from the city on highway!!!)

If I remember Le centre d'interprétation de la courge is on the Principal road at St-Joseph... We have pass in front many time, but never stopped. Also we plan to go on friday because my daughter don't have school this friday (probably less people than saturday or sunday I think)
    Oh contest unless they have changed, I have seen NO deals au Centre d'interprétation de la courgerie. I was soo disappointed when I went. Super C have better deals. If you want to ''trippe'' and cut your own squash in the field, that will be about the only high you will get there unless you are willing to spent. They have a great souvenir shop, and great ideas but you need the moula-moula.

Have you ever gone to the One time a year sale at the Fruiterie 440 near the Colussus. For a wkd ALL veggies are 1/2 price. I stocked on items that stay fresh long and that I usually don't buy much such as ''echalotte francaise'', ''topinambours'', squash, etc. I don't know if they will do it this yr but it is usually occuring around this time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information