User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Laval | where things spelt backwards makes sense.
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Club Entrepôt Provigo, a warehouse store at 1005 Cure-Labelle in Laval, (they have other locations as well) is a place where when you buy multiple of stuff, is cheaper per item.

Anyway, last time I bought some (recently) it was $14.99 for 20 kg bag of flour.

I'll be in the area tomorrow, so I can double check the price. But it's a good place to check out, especially when the flour is not on sale somewhere else.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by violetgypsie View Post
    LOL! Sorry to freak you out. I got weevils in my food once in Vancouver and I had to throw everything out.

I remember I was like that when I was pregnant too... congratulations btw. It is your first?
    thank you! Yes..it'S the first one in both family..and it might be the last! LOL!! Nausea++ (and I have 8 weeks to go, it WAS suppose to stop after the first trimester..so I guess I'm the 1% of statistics! )

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    46 (85%)

Quote Originally Posted by blueapple82 View Post
    OMG!!! You guys just freak me out!!
    You want to hear something really gross? I've had weevils before from a bag of dog food, so I knew what they were.

A couple years ago, I noticed a few were flying around the house. So I start checking everywhere to find out where they were coming from, but I couldn't find them for the life of me!!! I checked the flour, crackers, pasta, cereal, etc.....

Out of desperation, I go into my spice container that had a few baggies of spices that I had bought at an Indian store on Cure Labelle (can't remember the name). Anyway, I had an unopened bag of curry that was in there maybe 2-3 months. The small bag was just filled with tiny holes - like a miniature machine gun had shot at it. The weevils had eaten their way through the plastic. The curry bag was literally full of 50-100 weevils just sitting around in there, not moving. I guess most of them had died or were hibernating? Who knows!!!!!!

But it was one of the most disgusting things I have ever seen. Since then, I do not buy bags of spices; only containers.
    I am looking for many fpc coupons and willing to trade gift cards - especially stouffers and fresh produce. The expiry dates must be at least 1 month away. I'm also looking for betty crocker, pillsbury, philadelphia, nexxus, $3 beef, icecream, beans. I prefer large trades but have few coupons to trade.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

thank you! Yes..it'S the first one in both family..and it might be the last! LOL!! Nausea++ (and I have 8 weeks to go, it WAS suppose to stop after the first trimester..so I guess I'm the 1% of statistics! )

I was sick the whole time with both of mine too! LOL! No wonder you are cleaning and organizing like crazy - 8 weeks to go! Mother nature knows what she is doing.

All the best for an easy birth and a healthy baby

Trading Score
    160 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by eisafree View Post
    Club Entrepôt Provigo, a warehouse store at 1005 Cure-Labelle in Laval, (they have other locations as well) is a place where when you buy multiple of stuff, is cheaper per item.

Anyway, last time I bought some (recently) it was $14.99 for 20 kg bag of flour.

I'll be in the area tomorrow, so I can double check the price. But it's a good place to check out, especially when the flour is not on sale somewhere else.

thanks for the info... my concern is tht I have to drive a bit to found a place like this one (at least 30km to go and an other 30 km to come back , and not really at the same place than my other stuff). If I could found one close to my run and or doctor or dentist, this will be a win. If not, I lost the price advantage in gas

At least this time superC is in my small town
    Liberty of one finish where liberty of the other one start

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 2010ontest View Post
    heyhey, time to put some flour on freezer for me!!!

I go throught 10kg each month!!!

You can freeze flour?????? I didn't know that. How long can we keep on the shelves?

I don't recall ever seeing an expiry date on flour bags. I wish I could put some in the freezer but is too full : (

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

LOVE this thread..learned so much, freezing flour and potato chips

Trading Score
    87 (100%)

I had four pregnancies and none looked like. So do not worry, you never know.
    More savings and tips? Go see this site.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information