User Tag List

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Coupon Junkie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

If you put it on the curb the curb is city property-so its not tresspassing private property.. Rumaging through an open recycling bin I would find strange is someone did it in front of my house but at the same time hey, if its for couponing and not creepy purposes than who cares kudos to the people who do this on a regular basis cuz it saves money afterall.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    223 (100%)

where I live we have a blue bag that is just for newspapers, a yellow bag for cardboard, cereal boxes and then the blue bin for all other recycleables, I always check the blue bag.. it's not gross it's not private papers ect... Last insert I went out at dark and got 15 redplums from our local paper and 6 from the province paper.. This was in TWO blocks only!! I would have stayed out later but it started raining! I see nothing wrong better than ending up in landfill!!
    Get paid to "like stuff" EASY money!!
    http://www.likenet.ca?ref=514483300

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

whats with the rain... OMG the last few garbage nights its pissed down rain here.. totally not fair.. recycle doesn't get put out til 7 and even with the few that are out by 6.. its still seems to attract rain.. and let me tell ya those flyers are not easy to work with once wet.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    291 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Juliep_coupons View Post
    Awesome!! Thanks for posting this!!

I have always wanted to do a "recycling walk" but I don't have the courage! lol I would have to do it really late at night so know one saw me! lol Awesome finds!!

Julie if you're ever up to it I will go recycle walking with you I do it every week but usually at 5am.
    MY WISHLIST - (click link below please)

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/members/javamama1974/

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    46 (85%)

Quote Originally Posted by army_girl29 View Post
    This topic is for people that are interested in recycle bin walking and want to know what to look for. If you aren't interested in that, feel free to read, but please do not post.

Thanks
    Last time I checked, everyone is allowed to post their opinions here. If you don't like what they write, don't read it. But to discourage others to speak freely is wrong.

I agree with AKE. I wouldn't want people going through my recycle; a lot of that is private papers that I prefer people don't rifle through.

I always give all my bottles and cans to the kids who come around fundraising, and I use all the coupons on the cereal boxes. So maybe that's why I have this opinion. Anything that is in my recycle is usually papers that have my name, address, etc. on it.

I don't look down on anyone who does it; people do a great job getting coupons. But in my personal recycle bin, I would prefer people don't go through it.
    Last edited by Kyriakos; Thu, Sep 29th, 2011 at 07:42 PM.
    I am looking for many fpc coupons and willing to trade gift cards - especially stouffers and fresh produce. The expiry dates must be at least 1 month away. I'm also looking for betty crocker, pillsbury, philadelphia, nexxus, $3 beef, icecream, beans. I prefer large trades but have few coupons to trade.

Coupon Crazy
    Trading Score
    181 (100%)

I must admit, I wouldn't like people going through my blue boxes either. I think people still have a reasonable expectation of privacy about their garbage and yes, I do sometimes recycle things like old bills, etc.

I would think if you ask it's OK but otherwise, I would think personally it's not really a great idea. The recycling guys don't look through your stuff, they just do their jobs so that is different.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I bust out the shredder for personal papers, etc...If they're that personal, I don't even want the good folks that physically do the recycling to see my info. Shred it up, toss into it's own separate blue bag, all good.

They can rummage through all our person papers too, iff'n they wanna...but they'd need to bring a picnic and a chair and a hefty amount of time to piece together any info

I don't see the problem with recycle walks. I've never done one personally, but if others are needing something from it, then by all means. We obviously didn't need or want the item(s) anymore anywho.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I do shred my personal papers but for other things like all of these c/c offers, my trick is I rip the paper in half and throw half in the recyling bag and the other half in my compost..GL to someone trying to find the other half of my info lol

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    46 (85%)

Quote Originally Posted by Taina View Post
    I bust out the shredder for personal papers, etc...If they're that personal, I don't even want the good folks that physically do the recycling to see my info. Shred it up, toss into it's own separate blue bag, all good.

They can rummage through all our person papers too, iff'n they wanna...but they'd need to bring a picnic and a chair and a hefty amount of time to piece together any info
    Yes, but the difference is that they aren't physically at your house, seeing where you live. They don't know if the papers that they're looking at are from a person living in a small apartment or a million dollar house. I guess it's just my personal preference.

I'm also sure that they are monitored to some point. I doubt they save every piece of paper with a name on it
    I am looking for many fpc coupons and willing to trade gift cards - especially stouffers and fresh produce. The expiry dates must be at least 1 month away. I'm also looking for betty crocker, pillsbury, philadelphia, nexxus, $3 beef, icecream, beans. I prefer large trades but have few coupons to trade.

Trading Score
    160 (100%)

Paper

- nestle aeroplans - show in corner of box
    - smartsource/redplum - verify before you check
    - random coupons - Cheerios sometimes has $2 coupon for pampers
    - cereal box coupons - $5 gas cards, granola bars
    - stouffer boxes
    - magazines - anythin canadian generally have coupons
    - specially marked Canada Dry boxes (codes inside)
    - Kelloggs granola bars UPC codes

Plastic

Icoke pins
    Gingerale pins - yellow tops - so far I have won like 5 bottles of pop with these
    Allens juice Oasis coupons
    Aeroplan points on ice cream containers
    Easiest to find - Bottles - wine and beer. You can easily get $5-$15 each time if you collect them.

Please add any additional...

ps. Also you will get random items, for example - bicycle, guitar , just by that I have made $53
    good recap army_girl29

Also useful at the store to spot the product in the shelf
    Liberty of one finish where liberty of the other one start

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by LizCabral View Post
    I recycle walk every week.

My only rule is: leave the blue box as you've found it - or even better than you found it.
    someone rummaged through mine once and put containers back in the paper box and they refused to pick up my recycling
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

SMRT Canuck
    Trading Score
    101 (100%)

I am hoping to start this thread to help everyone who has or wants to do a recycle walk.

I was going to do one last night, but it was pouring rain so obviously that didn't happen, that and considering I'm very sick right now. It just wasn't in the cards.

Im hoping to go next week, but I would love any tips and tricks people have to doing it, what to look for, what to bring, what I should and shouldn't do, etc.

This is to help everyone, especially people who haven't had the nerve to do one yet, we can all do it!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    597 (100%)

I posted a section in the coupon area, please feel free to look over.

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by KamCoupons View Post
    I disagree
    This is an open forum and everyone is allowed to give his/her opinion, I am a member of quite a few forums of varying topics and I can honestly say that SC probably has the most tolerant members when it comes to differing views.

Quite a few of the forums that I am a member of, as soon as someone has a different view, it turns into ten pages of bashing and generally what would have been an interesting/valuable discussion gets railroaded.

We shouldn't discourage anyone from posting their opinion whether we agree with them or not.

I think I am on the fence on this issue, I wouldn't open someone else bag of garbage or a box that is closed, however if I seen a coupon sticking out on top, I'd probably be willing to take it providing I didn't have a big audience watching.

As far as the bins go, I don't see the harm in it provided you leave it as neat & tidy as you found it
    Exactly what I was just thinking! What I had to say was not "not nice" it was just a different view on the topic that I wanted to share.
    What I think is not nice is people invading my privacy without my consent.. legal or not.. it's just inconsiderate!

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

This topic is for people that are interested in recycle bin walking and want to know what to look for. If you aren't interested in that, feel free to read, but please do not post.

Thanks
    you should put this in the first post so everyone reading knows your posting 'rules' before they go ahead and post their own opinions. LOL

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information