User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    CaToonie
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Starting a thread to see which stores in Prince Albert are good with taking coupons and which aren't?

I live in Saskatoon but often head over to Prince Albert(which I haven't used not one of my coupons there yet)

Just Curious.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Both of our Shoppers Drug Marts are wonderful. They take printed coupons and multiples of the same coupon with NO troubles. All Cash people seem to know their stuff (some still read each one word for word BUT smile and key it in). I love to shop at Shoppers AND you get Shoppers Points for free stuff.

* It can be more expensive to shop here but they also seem to have good sales and lots of things on sale that were not in their flyer!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

I love Shopper's Drug Mart random clearance sales. My local sdm are great with accepting any coupons as well.

PA
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

walmart, Giant Tiger, shoppers, and zellars have always been good with coupons, Superstore have given me trouble a few times, but I always get them to call the Loblaws national office to clarify the coupon policy than all goes well, then again I have learned to scope the cashiers out first...hope this helps

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Anyone got their overage applied to the rest of their purchase at GT? Just saw on SC that you can do that.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sasklady View Post
    Anyone got their overage applied to the rest of their purchase at GT? Just saw on SC that you can do that.
    It's said in GT's coupon policy that the overage HAS to be applied to instore purchases. I haven't not once used a coupon at GT yet. Still to find out.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by HotCouponMomma View Post
    walmart, Giant Tiger, shoppers, and zellars have always been good with coupons, Superstore have given me trouble a few times, but I always get them to call the Loblaws national office to clarify the coupon policy than all goes well, then again I have learned to scope the cashiers out first...hope this helps
    At SS I always try go to the self check out. You can type in your own coupons as long as they are under $10. Once they are over $10 you need a managers approval. It seems that the people they have work the self check outs are very good at their job and know what to do with a coupon (they have to be able to handle 6 tills at one time). They always just take them from me and say "thank you". If self check out is busy some do not even look at them and just put them in their drawer. I have 2 small kids and end up going their a few times a week, so to only use $10 of coupons at a time is no problem for me (only seem to have about $5 anyway). A few times when I was going to use more I had my husband come with me and he checked out 1/2 the items and used 1/2 the coupons. I have also seen people do 2 different transactions. Hope you give it a try and you love it like I do.

Oh but you can not use them if you are paying with cash....

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

This tip is very helpful to know. Thank you SaskLady.

And I have had the situation where the manager had to come override coupons but I didn't know Superstore only allows $10 worth of coupons without having to override. Another great tip to know.

WHAT stores allow overages in Prince Albert?

Quote Originally Posted by Sasklady View Post
    At SS I always try go to the self check out. You can type in your own coupons as long as they are under $10. Once they are over $10 you need a managers approval. It seems that the people they have work the self check outs are very good at their job and know what to do with a coupon (they have to be able to handle 6 tills at one time). They always just take them from me and say "thank you". If self check out is busy some do not even look at them and just put them in their drawer. I have 2 small kids and end up going their a few times a week, so to only use $10 of coupons at a time is no problem for me (only seem to have about $5 anyway). A few times when I was going to use more I had my husband come with me and he checked out 1/2 the items and used 1/2 the coupons. I have also seen people do 2 different transactions. Hope you give it a try and you love it like I do.

Oh but you can not use them if you are paying with cash....

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Just Walmart & GT that I know of.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    38 (100%)

Yesterday I tried to use Purina coupons (2.50 on any size). GT has it 3/3.00. But the manager said no to overage and since I do not have any pet, I donated all my pet coupons to SPCA in Prince Albert. They were really happy and I also mentioned about purina.ca, where they can get welcome kits for the kittens/puppies.
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/savings/wqA86Ng/]

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    38 (100%)

I had couple of young people in Walmart and GT telling me purchase=transaction and not letting me use 2 coupons for 2 items. I stood up and the manager corrected them.
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/savings/wqA86Ng/]

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Talked to a lady on the phone (Amanda) on Thursday at our GT, she said overages would be given back to the items you have left to purchase. So just no cash back. I do not know if she was a manager or not but she seemed to know what she was talking about. I have not tried to buy anything at GT since phoning but will try next time I need something there that has a high value coupon that goes with it.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Was shopping at Zellers and Safeway on the weekend and had no problems using coupons. How come Shoppers (both locations) have no manufacturer coupons in their stores?

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    126 (100%)

The only place I have ever had trouble with in PA is GT

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Walmart Just called me!!! I had sent an email to head office about a month ago asking why I could not get overage on my Aspirin coupon. A very nice assistant manager (Sandy) called to say that OVERAGES are 100% allowed and that she was going to talk to the other managers about it. Hmmmmm! So hopefully next time I want to use a coupon with an overage there will be no problems - If so she said to ask for her. Hope it works.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information