User Tag List

Trading Score
    199 (100%)

I went today to the Pharmasave on the Esplanade in Truro,NS. I was looking at cosmetics (Cover Girl Wet Slicks) when I heard a sales lady ask another if she had seen anyone with binders come in yet. I thought this was funny, and continued shopping. I was only looking for a few things to get for free, as I can get a few better deals at the secret stacking store (wink!wink!). A sales lady came over to me to explain the coupon day to me (she had seen my binder, lol!). I thanked her (she was nice) and continued shopping. I could hear staff at different places in the store, talking about the double-coupon day, one sales clerk in particular. She made a point ot mention me to a pharmacist, and I heard someone say something that sounded negative. I kind of felt like I was doing something wrong. I only bought:
    1 Always infinity 2/7.00 - $1.00 (save.ca?) = $1.50
    2 Stayfree pads $4.49 -$2.00 (printable) =0.49 each
    1 Immunity FX 14 capsule pkg.$10.99- $10.99 (printable)= FREE!
    1 Wetslicks $4.49-4.00(smart source) =0.49
    1 Scrubbing Bubbles $4.49 -$3.00 (smartsource)=FREE!

My total was 2.97+3.62tax (blech!)= $6.59
    for 32.45+4.87= 37.32 worth of stuff!!

I've had trouble with the sales lady I heard talking about me before. She told me, on a previous visit,they couldn't adjust a price of a coupon if the value was more than the price of the item, and refused my coupon. I asked several people that work there if they are supposed to adjust the price or refuse the coupon and they told me they adjust the price. She was at the check-out when I went through (though I went to the sales clerk next to her, I did not want to deal with her again, lol!). I made sure to ask that sales clerk what their policy was on coupons that were higher than the price, and was told what I already knew. I made sure it was loud enough for her to hear, so maybe I won't have the same problem next time she rings me through!! Sorry this is sooo long, but I really was having fun until I heard people whispering around me, then felt like I was doing something wrong. I did meet another lady who had a stack of coupons to use, and spoke to her for a few moments. That made me feel a little better! Maybe she will read this and know who I am. Anyways, it was a good experience overall, I just needed to rant a bit because I was only participating in something they were hosting and was certainly not there to clean their shelves Thanks forreading this!
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmasave, Save.ca Coupons, Smart Source

Trading Score
    66 (100%)

regardless of the rude staff...you did great
    ....just be happy

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Are they doubling the coupon or just taking another dollar off?
    Join Gift Hulk ,Earn gift cards & paypal http://www.gifthulk.com/refer/kcsaver
    Join PaidViewPoint http://paidviewpoint.com/?r=u2pnoz

Trading Score
    66 (100%)

doubling the amount of the coupon for today and tomorrow
    ....just be happy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    235 (100%)

Went a lunch. Had a blast! Until check-out...At least they had lots of cashiers on to handle to crowd.

Sorry you ran into a rude staffmember...haven't found one yet, but I imagine my time will come.

Trading Score
    90 (100%)

Wait a sec.. they're doubling the full amount of the coupon?!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    235 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tmlskk01 View Post
    Wait a sec.. they're doubling the full amount of the coupon?!
    Yes!!! Called before I went and was told yes...wahoo!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

you did great, you handled the rude cashier correctly. companies want us to shop thier stores and use our coupons, otherwise they wouldn't accept coupons and if they really didn't want us to use coupons, they wouldn't offer to double the value. i think as long as we follow the instructions on the couponns and follow the stores' policy there should be no problem.

Thread Information