User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I started wearing makeup at twelve (no foundation or powder or anything) and everyone told me that my eyelashes would fall out

haha they still haven't though

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I bet your daughter is beautiful just like you.
    I think your daughter would love lipgloss and light shimmery brown eyeshadow. Nothing dark (dark eyeliner, black, can be harsh) unless your daughter is mature for her age since you don't want her growing up to fast. and organics, natural is good. young girls have the best skin so we dont want to wreck that. otherwise i bet the fact that you're thinking so hard for her makes her appreciate whatever you're getting

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

when i was just starting to wear make up mom gave me a clear mascara.. so i had the feeling of mascara but it wasnt so dark. and a nice tinted lip gloss works great

damp is a gross word.
    Trading Score
    263 (100%)

I have encouraged my daughter to play around with makeup at homesince she was probably 5. She is now 9 and applies it with the undetectable minimalism of a skilled esthetician. She'll be allowed to wear it to middleschool in 3 years and will look stunning. These years of fun & application practice will pay off, as she has already gone through the inevitablehideous streetwalker/clown makeup stage. I still can't stand seeing photos of me at 13 wearing clumpy blue mascarra, thick black eyeliner & orange covergirl foundation with a telltale chin line.

FT: AYLMER ACCENTS / LEAN CUISINE / LYSOL HANDSOAP / GOLD BOND and more
    ? Are you curious ? My quest to separate cheese from bras in the Deals & Flyers Forum

damp is a gross word.
    Trading Score
    263 (100%)

I knew I saw this deal somewhere - had to check all my flyers to remember. Here's BARGAIN! Shop current flyer. Scroll down to bottomish left. PRO ART WINDOW OF BEAUTY $12.49 - Thats a truckload of fun in a box! Lots of experimentation and colour choice. This just might end up being ridiculously large..
    Map & Hours | Change Location | Back to tb!s web site >

Page 4 of 4

Shopping List (0)

FT: AYLMER ACCENTS / LEAN CUISINE / LYSOL HANDSOAP / GOLD BOND and more
    ? Are you curious ? My quest to separate cheese from bras in the Deals & Flyers Forum

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My sister-in-law took her daughter to a beauty counter where they offer free make-up application. They asked for a "natural" look and my niece was all ears when the sales lady showed her how to apply everything. I think, because the advise was given by a professional, my niece has stuck to a very flattering look and she's 18 now.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

What about getting her a few make-up things, like lipgloss, eye shadow, along with the olay make-up removing clothes or a black facecloth and cleanser (that way she also won't be ruining your face clothes with make-up), and a good moisturizer (so she has a good skin care routine). Then put a small giftcard in for shoppers so she can with your help pick out some make-up.
    Try out the maven box by julep And code FREEFB, and get your box for one cent:
    Use this link
    http://www.julep.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/2287/

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

i'm always wary of youngsters wearing makeup because it definitely prematurely ages the face. not just because of the ingredients but also because of the application process (tugging, pulling, forehead wrinkles when applying mascara, etc.) if you can get away with just lip products that would be best. if not, keep it limited to concealer, eyeliner and eyeshadow.
    Enjoy chatting on forums or blogs? Get paid $0.05+ per post at Postloop!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by janetta View Post
    Brands like Wet 'n Wild and NYC won't break the bank. They products are lower-end, but because she's only 12 I hardly doubt she'll care.

Neutral eye-shadows or light coloured shadows, clear/sheer pink lipgloss, brown eyeliner/natural mascara (if she asks for eyeliner/mascara at all). I feel black would be too harsh for a pre-teen.

I got interested in make up at a very young age! Nail polishes too. I would watch my mum and want to be just like her. lol
    Yes, I agree. Natural and affordable is ok. Just let her try, she would find her way. lol

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Lip glosses are a great idea and subtle too. Skincare-moisturizer, cleansing plus pimple care will be very important (have you noticed that many towels cannot be used by anyone using products with benzoyl peroxide or the towels will be affected-check the tags).

Are you having a discussion about makeup (reasons for her interest, ingredients and impact on biology, cost and how much will be allowed)? There is also a potential to find out if there is a battle with peers beginning to get guys to notice them--does she know why peers are going in that direction? How does she feel about it?

I found the tween years hard emotionally-a couple of girls matured fast but they got a lot of mean comments from boys and girls. The rest kind of matured in grades 7 & 8 and some had more money then others. Peer relationships really changed based on who can do what and how much spending money they had. I did not really have any spending money and was so self-conscious.

Imagine my surprise about a decade ago when I heard a male colleague talk about how men find women without makeup appealing. He was the only one I knew that expressed that sentiment--I said that would be a discovery considering how many women wore makeup in the attraction stakes.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

I got her clear mascara, brown eyeliner, netural colored eyeshadowes and a light pink gloss, all going in her stocking for Christmas.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Mamaelmo View Post
    I got her clear mascara, brown eyeliner, netural colored eyeshadowes and a light pink gloss, all going in her stocking for Christmas.
    I think what you bought her is great. At that age, natural makeup is good idea.

I also like Annabelle makeup. It is reasonably priced. Walmart and Shoppers (SDM sometimes has it on sale) carries it.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I like what you got her. It'll work well.

You can also check those makeup kits that Shopper's and Walmart put out every year. They're inexpensive and have a ton of stuff inside. I remember getting them as a kid and loooooving them. They're bulky so having what you got her as her everyday items is good and she can use the kit as something to mess around with.

My mom used to get my sister and I each a kit that had blush, shadow, gloss and even nail polish. It was fun. I still have the cosmetic box one came in 15 years later XD.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by idonovan View Post
    oh n take it out of allowance too that way she can learn some value of money wile at it
    Who brought Debbie downer? Lol you shouldn't have a 12 year old but her own Xmas gift...

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

at our PJC the cosmetitians are very helpfull ....i saw your'e in NB so if you have a PJC...they might give you good advices.....
    at mine, there is one who has a little girl who is the same age of my 'kindred sister' (aka Sadie) so, she was a great help to me with young girls cosmetics sets

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information