User Tag List

St.KittsGal
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

So the bf finally proposed after 7 years, and now we are faced with shopping for a wedding.
    Looks like we are going for a destination wedding so I really need to worry about a good deal on the vacation package and my dress.

Any suggestions on where to shop for a nice but affordable dress in Niagara region?

Or where to start looking for destination wedding packages?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    32 (97%)

I would suggest Divine Designs it's on the corner of st.paul & ontario there is also weddings by Heidi on St.Paul street... DO NOT HIT THE WEDDING FACTORY on st.paul its nothing but trash!!!!
    congrats

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Congratulations!!!
    Swagbucks is my first love!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/ellemnop

St.KittsGal
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

thanks for suggestions.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

my friend is a travel agent she would be able to help you...she works out of her home...pm me if u r interested

Trading Score
    32 (97%)

ur welcome

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sherbear609 View Post
    I would suggest Divine Designs it's on the corner of st.paul & ontario there is also weddings by Heidi on St.Paul street... DO NOT HIT THE WEDDING FACTORY on st.paul its nothing but trash!!!!
    congrats
    Weddings Heidi Style is gone. A lot of people were pretty steamed over it because they had pre-ordered and put down big deposits for their dresses. It closed pretty suddenly and without warning.

Trading Score
    32 (97%)

WOW!! had no idea... ok so basically there is where the old Herzogs (no idea what it is called anymore...) and Divine Designs... I can't say I don't blame them.. wedding dresses are very costly!!

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

The location at the old Herzog's is now Ballett's Bridal and I would not recommend them at all. My BFF just got married in Sept and she got 2 dresses 1 from Balletts and 1 from Divine Designs. Ballett's gave her alot of grief over her Bridesmaids dresses and did not give her customer service at all! I would check out Hamilton if it's not too far for you. Divine Designs was nice!

Hope this helps,
    Congrats on the engagement and good luck!

Trading Score
    32 (97%)

WOW! See I went to Divine Designs due to my SIL recomended them. I found my dress with in 30 min.
    I had an idea of what I wanted .. than found something much better! I was trully happy with how helpful they were. I was able to even get my MOH dress there. They may not be a big place but what they offer is amazing!
    Last edited by Sherbear609; Fri, Oct 14th, 2011 at 01:37 PM.

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

My daughter got her dress at Divine Designs.. we went there first ..then to all the other places .. she did get excited about a maggie disotta (sp) at one place but loved the one at divine designs.. so we went back and got it.. hers is a destination dress because she dislikes all the fuufuu stuff.. It was so fun shopping there My daughter didn't know I was paying for the dress until she started trying them on and I said.. don't look at the price tag.. just look for the one that makes you feel special..
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Be sure to double check your flyer, points and cashback offers~ YMMV

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

honestly, im gettin married next year and i shopped all over the place for my wedding dress.....im not gonna lie, im the cheapest person when it comes to stuff like that. if you are able to go to davids bridal in bufallo, their dresses are beautiful, cheap and the consultants are absoluly amazing.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Destination wedding=warm place in Caribbean? You'd also need to find out the rules about marriages at your destination, in case there is some paperwork, time or detail you have to obtain.

You might prefer to get a fun dress (not a regular wedding dress) in a boutique instead for a warm clime.

If you were willing to have the wedding in Niagara region, Jordan Village and White Oaks would be good venues to explore. Get a comp. night if you get a package. Then you and the groom can fly away to a warm resort.
    http://jordanvillage.com/accommodations.php Try Tintern on Main for dresses.
    http://www.whiteoaksresort.com/niagara-wedding-packages.html
    Also, consider Niagara College's dining room, not far away from White Oaks, for a possible reception/dinner venue.

BTW is David's Bridal in Buffalo affliated with same-named stores in Mississauga and Scarborough? There is a sale going on until Nov. 23 on markdown gowns (excludes White by Vera Wang).
    http://www.torontolife.com/listings/...&category=1398
    http://www.davidsbridal.ca/HomeView
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    32 (97%)

Unless your under a size 14, I would skip Davids Bridal... My neighbour ( i work with her mom) went to davids bridal... the girl that worked there told her "unless she loses 30 pounds , there is no choice for her at this store!" I couldn't beleive it! how fn rude! so I would deff. stay as far away from there as possible!

Thread Information