User Tag List

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

We took the family to get annual flu shots last night. It wasn't too busy yet and we had an awesome nurse, couldn't feel a thing!

Anyone else getting the annual flu shot? I'm thinking of getting the pneumonia one as well, since I seem to be prone to getting it (three times already). Has anyone had the pneumonia one, did you react differently than the regular flu one?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

Got my flu shot this morning when I went for my annual physical. Have asthma so I am really prone to bronchitis so I get it every year.

Never had the pneumonia one.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

I get my yearly flu shot. Had the pnuemonia one years ago. I don`t remember having any reaction.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Crochetlady View Post
    I get my yearly flu shot. Had the pnuemonia one years ago. I don`t remember having any reaction.
    Was there a reason why you got the pneumonia shot for one year and not the next? I'm just trying to decide whether I should get it...I have mild asthma that gets bad when I have a cold.

I heard that cases of pneumonia is on the rise...I wonder why?

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    46 (85%)

Be careful when getting the shot; there can be side effects.

I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who is healthy and has a good immune system.
    I am looking for many fpc coupons and willing to trade gift cards - especially stouffers and fresh produce. The expiry dates must be at least 1 month away. I'm also looking for betty crocker, pillsbury, philadelphia, nexxus, $3 beef, icecream, beans. I prefer large trades but have few coupons to trade.

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

I've only ever gotten the flu shot once.. when the H1N1 panic was everywhere. Personally, I prefer to just take my chances and haven't gotten the flu shot since.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

I don't get the flu shot either, if I do get sick I'm only out for one day I find...
    Did you see the pool? They flipped the B!tch!

I'm going to South Korea!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lekate View Post
    I don't get the flu shot either, if I do get sick I'm only out for one day I find...
    Oh, lekate you sound just like our daughter! She pooh-poohs flu shots and also has always said that if she gets the flu it's always only the 24-hour one.

Until now. She was off work for a full week last week (NOT like her!), went to the clinic (also not like her) and the doc said she can expect another week like that! Apparently there's a horrible one going around now...! She goes into work, does some paperwork, cancels appointments, then heads home to nap again...she sure isn't accustomed to being ill and would rather be at work, but this one is a doozie!

I get my flu shot every year...I, too, am asthmatic and when I get a cold, I get bronchitis, and it usually turns into pneumonia. I hear this one really meshes well with the strains that are out there...fingers crossed!

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Oh, this year's flu is a doozie for sure. It struck our house this past weekend. DH has been horribly ill since Saturday and I picked DD up from school this morning because she needed to come home. So far (*touch wood*), she is faring better than DH but she always gets through things quick and quiet (just like her momma!).

I just hope to god my youngest kid doesn't get it because she's alot like her dad--an illness hangs on and on and on and is made more hellish by the fact that both of them are the noisiest sick people you can imagine. Sickness isn't complete unless they are moaning and crying and retching at a volume that would wake the dead. Seriously. Think I'm joking? Last night my DH moaned and groaned all freakin' night long and eventually, I incorporated this sound into my dream state--and I dreamed that he was sick and moaning and groaning the whole time (and literally, he was). My, oh my.

We don't get the annual flu vaccinations and on average, we get the flu once every 2 or 3 years. That may change when I get older, but for now, it works for me.
    "Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken." Oscar Widle

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I prefer to focus on keeping a strong immune system to deal with the Flu. Having family in various health care fields I also believe the true extent of the side effects are under reported. Interestingly this article on the cbc news site also sheds some light on its lack of effectiveness http://www.cbc.ca/news/health/story/2011/10/26/flu-vaccine-effectiveness.html. Lastly the Canadian flu shot currently contains mercury which I try to avoid injecting into my body.
    I am not against vaccines in general but when its partially effective at best and potentially can do more harm then good its not worth it to me.
    Check out my favorite Naturopathic Doctor with locations in Milton & Mississauga: http://www.ruthshuster.com

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Flu shots don't work.I have the flu currently and my Mum and Dad were looking after me.They got flu shots in November and they still got the flu.
    Last edited by Poirot; Wed, Dec 21st, 2011 at 03:33 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Poirot View Post
    Flu shots don't work.I have the flu currently and my Mum and Dad were looking after me.They got flu shots in November and they still got the flu.
    I think we might have gotten something different.I called healthline nurse and she didn't think we had the flu so keep getting your flu shots.

Thread Information