User Tag List

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Will keep on focusing. Thank you all.Thumbs up!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

bump

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Meliss1983 View Post
    I've never posted anything before, but I do like coming to read all of the great deals available! Today I was trying to figure out where the best place to pick up Halloween chocolate bars for my Grandma would be. I made a list with the flyers available in my area and this is what I figured out.
    Nice try, but can you use $ per Kilogram instead?

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

This is the first year I am doing this but I am giving out full size choc. bars and if the kids are older they can choose, full sized pkgs of gum. By the time I buy choc bars, boxes of chips, candy, it's just as cheap or actually cheaper to buy bars. I got bags of 4 bars for $2.00-Crunchie, Crispy Crunch and Mr. Big. Equals $0.50 per child, so a deal for me. Plus, I know when my kids came home last year with a full size choc. bar , they thought they were in heaven. ::<<))...anyone else do this?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by SAVING$44 View Post
    This is the first year I am doing this but I am giving out full size choc. bars and if the kids are older they can choose, full sized pkgs of gum. By the time I buy choc bars, boxes of chips, candy, it's just as cheap or actually cheaper to buy bars. I got bags of 4 bars for $2.00-Crunchie, Crispy Crunch and Mr. Big. Equals $0.50 per child, so a deal for me. Plus, I know when my kids came home last year with a full size choc. bar , they thought they were in heaven. ::<<))...anyone else do this?
    I do this too. Growing up, my mother always gave a selection of treats (mini chocolate bar, bag of chips and some sort of bubble gum/gummy candy), to each child. When I started giving out candy at my own place, I did the same thing, but realized how much it costs. So, I now give them regular size chocolate bars, and something "healthier" like a fruit cup, drinking box or granola bar. But, I tell you, word gets around the block quick that your house is giving out full-size chocolate bars!!!

Canuck
    Trading Score
    58 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ChristieJ View Post
    I do this too. Growing up, my mother always gave a selection of treats (mini chocolate bar, bag of chips and some sort of bubble gum/gummy candy), to each child. When I started giving out candy at my own place, I did the same thing, but realized how much it costs. So, I now give them regular size chocolate bars, and something "healthier" like a fruit cup, drinking box or granola bar. But, I tell you, word gets around the block quick that your house is giving out full-size chocolate bars!!!
    Kinda like a coupon in a grocery store .

artsy
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Wm always drops their prices closer to halloween. If I can resist the urge and they still have the good stuff leaving it to the last minute can be a much better deal. Plus, people...DH doesn't get into the candy before halloween.

Trading Score
    55 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SAVING$44 View Post
    I am giving out full size chocolate bars this year too. Usually I would buy candy, chips and bars. I believe also it is just as cheap to buy the bigger bars if on sale. But this year I found at Walmart full size Hershey chocolate bars, they were on sale 6/$1.00. I have a bag of chupa chups suckers that shoppers had clearance at the end of summer.
    I'm sure the kids are going to be impressed

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

wow, nice chart

Trading Score
    11 (100%)

I can't seem to remember if Walmart puts their candy on 50% the day of Halloween or the day after? Anyone know??

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Thanks for the warning about "word gets around". We live on a long street and the kids tend to only do our street as there are at least 80-100(must count it some day) on our street. Our stores tend to put the Halloween candy on sale the day of Halloween. I've gone down and gotten extra on the day because it was 50% off.
    Love the chart...alot of work for you to do that.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

"lol,
    cuckoo for coupons!!

I <3 Coupons
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

was at the real Canadian wholesale club and they had cadbury 125 count for 8.99 and nestle 120 count as well

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I actually love her chart which is cost per unit. because that's how many treats i have to give out. i don't really care if one is slightly better by weight, i want to do it cost per trick or treater.

thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by jiepie View Post
    Nice try, but can you use $ per Kilogram instead?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by oleander View Post
    anyone gone to walmart yet? on sale yet???
    just got back from WM and nothing has been marked down at our store (Milton)
    Jim

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information