User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Well, I never have taken supplements of any kind. I always felt if I could not get the Daily Recommended in the food I eat, then I am eating the wrong food.
    That being said, I aged. Then my body betrayed me .
    I noticed that with so many co-workers always dragging themselves and their infectious illnesses into work each day I started catching things more.

So for one full year I took the Cold FX and to my astonishment for that entire year I did not catch one blessed cold, flu, nothing! I hated the expense of it, waited for the sale and the $2.00 off coupon, but still pricey.

Then I got cheap and stopped taking it. I was fine for a while but now I find I am again becoming prone/susceptible to catching whatever is going around. I try to avoid the " huggers" at work if I can. I refer to them as the " healthy carriers " ( no pun intended ) , never getting sick themselves, but spreading the germs around.

OP hope my opinion helped. Cold FX is expensive but worked for me.

babies teach us acceptance

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

every day..?? i thought u were only supposed to take it when you felt a cold/flu coming on.. i can understand ya not wanting to take stock in it to take everyday. wow.. $$.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I always take it when I feel a cold coming on, and it does work. I get sick less often. My doctor even recommends it.

I have taken the no-name versions from Shoppers and from Sobeys, I find they work the same, and are a little bit cheaper.
    Try out the maven box by julep And code FREEFB, and get your box for one cent:
    Use this link
    http://www.julep.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/2287/

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    67 (100%)

It great for doing the trick... but for the amount of pills you have to take a day and then the price its ridiculous.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Cold medicine doesn't do a thing for me.
    Water and sleep is the best cure. I haven't been sick in like 4 years lol.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I take Vitamin C daily and if I feel a cold coming on I take Zinc lozenges. It seems to help.

I looked at Cold Fx but the price turned me off. Vit C and Zinc lozenges are much cheaper

Trading Score
    205 (100%)

I take Immunity FX which is the same product as Cold FX but with a different label I chose this one because there is an $8.00 and $10.00 coupon available for it where the Cold FX only has a $2.00 and $4.00 printable. I used to get sick ALL winter until I started taking this about two years ago. I only take it for fall and winter and stop in the early spring. You do have to take it twice a day for the product to work. It does boost your immunity. Now I find I get sick maybe once or twice a season and it isn`t as severe. I have to get back on schedule and start taking it regularly again.

P.S. Please be careful with mega doses of vitamin C. My pharmacology text (currently studying medical admin) warns against this, as well as high doses of B vitamins in those 5 hour energy drinks. There is recent evidence that high doses of water soluble vitamins can cause problems. It used to be thought that only high doses of fat soluble vitamins were dangerous. Of course that can be said about most things these days including Cold FX To each their own but be careful

http://www.foodnavigator.com/Science...say-scientists
    Last edited by sweetnlow30; Thu, Oct 27th, 2011 at 10:13 AM.
    I am looking for quick trades for my pre-surgery stock up!

Updated TL/WL HERE

Trading Score
    107 (100%)

I find that when I first get the inklings of something and I start to take Cold-FX, I can avert it. If I don't catch it right away, then I find I still get the cold but it only lasts a couple of days and isn't as nasty than without.
    I too was a skeptic but was converted when I was outside on set for 14 hours on a spring, cold, windy, damp day in Van, not dressed warmly...then immediately dipped into the Cold-FX when I got home because I could feel it coming on. I never came down with anything, which is very, very rare for me.
    I try to get the best coupon stacks and find a decent sale to stock up a little but thanks for the heads up on the immunity F/X, I'll look into that further as I thought my LD had a blister packs on clearance.

Walkonby, did you take it daily? (on the package I thought it does mention something about taking one a day...I'll have to go check)
    Looking for 5 minute fast, fun, easy surveys that you get paid in currency not in points? Check out PaidView Point
    Would you like to earn some paypal/amazon gift cards? Get points by clicking the lucky button at Superpoints or click here for 50 points now

Trading Score
    84 (100%)

I use the Walmart brand version, but I take it twice a day, every day. I also have MS and am very prone to getting sick so I don't mind spending the extra money to stay healthy. Typically if I get a cold, I am screwed it turned right into something worse (bronchitis, flu, strep throat, etc). And, knock on wood, I only had one cold that turned into very mild case of strep and that was really early this year. I used to get sick at least 3-5 times a year and bad.

I take over 35 pills a day and only one is a prescription! Between gastric bypass surgery and MS I am a walking talking pharmacy, lol.
    Last edited by Dayanara; Thu, Oct 27th, 2011 at 04:12 PM.
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Dayanara - Earn free stuff just for searching the web!

http://www.wagjag.com/?wid=66bba0e75...fbd07b4aef23ad - WagJag it up! Great deals at a fraction of the cost.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I just wanted to thank everyone for their thoughts and opinions. I am still undecided but leaning more towards trying it the next time I feel a cold coming on.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

It works great if you use it properly. Also, if you absolutely can't afford to get sick...we all have those times when we just can't...you know. They are expensive though.
    Parents of teens understand why some animals eat their young!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I tried this once and I had the worst cold in my life... Stay away from this stuff!
    http://isolateboost.com Quality protein powder at discounted prices

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

When i get colds they are severe and last 1-2 months... i have athsma so it takes forever to get better. The only thing the doctor could do was prescribe cough syrup with narcotics in it and it only masked the symptoms it did not make me better so i started looking at other products to help me feel better and this is what i ended up with.
    Cold fx or a similar brand as it directs for a new cold, echinacia pills, ginger capules, cayenne pepper pills and a heart burn pill with a dose of vitamin C 3 times a day with food i take the combo... it has cleared up bronchitis in 3 days and i will never be sick like that again. I have to add that i get them on sale and use coupons and one batch fixes up my family and friends... and you do not get stoned! I like that i can just feel better (the heart burn is killer tho).
    over all i have tried this combo without cold fx... it simply works better with it. (Check with a pharmacist before you try this for herb drug interactions and do not do the cayenne if you have a ulcer)

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I was taking Cold FX for four years and to be honest, didnt feel any better with colds and I got several nasty Sinus infections even while taking it. I decided that price was the reason I decided to stop and feel fine without it. And havent taken any since March.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

it's a marketing scheme! don't waste your money
    just keep healthy by eating right, get plenty of sleep
    and hand washing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information