Trading Score
    82 (100%)

*NODS* hehe

~The Ripple Effect of Kindness Project~

aww
    Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    19 (100%)

Superstore west end had three tearpads of the ziploc coupons up. I grabbed a few extras for some friends (didn't clear the pad, maybe took a dozen?). I'm heading back to Walmart tonight to clear the shelves. Just kidding. I want to stock up on the bread, if I have to use the ziplocs to get the bread for free, I will. I can probably fit a half dozen loaves of bread in my freezer, and the ziplocs will either go to WIN house or to a lady that provides meals and such for inner city folks. I'm not going to wait around for the apolocolype. Wrapping myself in ziplocs while sucking on tic tacs won't save me.
    I don't think buying a dozen or even a couple of dozen of these bags is shelf clearing - when I was at Walmart last night there was probably a pallet size stash of these still in the cardboard cases. the boxes were probably four wide by five deep by four or five tall, and how many are in a case? At least 24 if not 48 or more, so Walmart west end would have over a thousand of them I'd say.

and to whomever it was that commented on my name, it's more initials than the type of 'awww, poor kid' thing. When I picked it I was thinking of a person/people, not the aww shucks type deal! I can't use my secret superhero name everywhere so I use aww in places instead.

Ripple Effect of Kindness Blk_rose's Avatar
    Trading Score
    82 (100%)

< it was me...lol! .but glad to know and from now on i shall never think aww when i see your name again!

Let me know if you CAN actually use the coupon zones in the west end location please. And for the record I tried to pick up 30 today and get 15 free bread..at south common this wasnt a dent. Though i was denied. Like I said I dont judge others but 2 carts full.....thats just alot when they wouldnt share 2 with me lol

~The Ripple Effect of Kindness Project~

aww
    Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    19 (100%)

I know a cashier at west end walmart and she was the one that told me I can use coupon zone. I'm going back tonight to get some. You said you needed the ziplocs but not the bread blackrose? I can probably help you out there if you want. I'm going back tonight when the cashier I know is working, so that I don't get a hassle like I've gotten from other cashiers in the past (and I mean the really stupid ones like the one that wouldn't let me use a coupon on an item I price matched!). From what I was told, they will take coupon zone coupons but not Rexall ones, I'm assuming because Superstore is priced more like Walmart whereas the Rexall coupons when they have the coupon books just bring their high prices down to regular retail prices.

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

what is this bread coupon? oh i'm so out of it lately LOL

aww
    Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    19 (100%)

it's a tearpad that was out a month or two back, buy 2 Ziploc products and save $3 on a 675 gram loaf of bread (which is some Dempster's bread and Country Harvest bread). $0.98 x 2 - $2 coupon + $3 coupon - $2.50 loaf of bread = free bread, free ziplocs and $0.42 overage after taxes.

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

Thanks. Anyone has some 4 trade?

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

You know what I don't understand about shelf clearing...is where the heck do you put all that stuff.

I buy extra of some things. We also buy 4 large jugs of milk at our regular shop. Not because I am stockpile but because that is what we use weekly and I don't have the time to run back to the store every few days. We have an extra fridge downstairs for milk and fresh produce.

There is five of us..everyone takes their lunch even the oldest, a university student..So you go through alot of food when you are not buying lunches,etc out.

But never have I cleared a shelf. In fact I purposely leave some so others can have chance. The only time I come close is when there is only two left and then yes I will take the last two.

But who knows the next person will come up and say "that person took the last..."

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    28 (100%)

I have three WUB2 zipoc coupons from websaver that I traded to get and was saving for a sale like this. I haven't had a chance to get to Wal-Mart yet, and I'm thinking I won't bother after reading this! I didn't know about the CZ coupon. It's too easy for people and they pull crap like this, same thing that happened with the Aspirin recently and the Ziploc printables in the Spring! Grrrr!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Oh My So sorry to hear about this issue, yet again.

I wonder.... if the 2 people you saw doing the shelf clearing, are the same people that sell the "free" products at the flea markets in Edmonton.... Maybe you could check out the flea markets in the north-east end of the city and maybe call the police as this is not allowed by Health/Food Canada.
    Hummm food for thought.

No Cheers!! from me

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

still no ziploc @ my WM early this afternoon

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    39 (100%)

I'm glad I got my two when I did. I got mine at the Clareview Walmart last Thursday. They had a full pallet

Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I honestly would have asked for a supervisor to be called and explained that they cleared the shelves and were clearly misusing coupons (if they state one per customer as listed above). Fairly certain a supervisor would have seen your side and limited their purchase, that is just rude.

aww
    Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    19 (100%)

Walmart west end had way less last night than the evening before of the Ziplocs. I have a few of the ziploc/bread tearpads ($3) left if someone needs them, you'd have to pick up in the west end near the mall though. They do expire on the 31st so it's a good time to use them.
    Another thought - does No Frills usually stock the 40 count of ziploc? I know they've had them on sale before, I just don't know if they brought them in for the special or not. If they do, then the superstore coupons would be easy to use there, and they have the 675 gram country harvest bread there for $3.87 for the $3 off coupon BUT that bread was in the Giant Tiger flyer (ending today unfortunately) for $2.50 so you could PM that, I assume they just wouldn't let you have the overage.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information