User Tag List

Thread: SCOP question

Krystal
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Tonight we were in Wal Mart (Spruce Grove) and my friend bought some aarows that had a $15.00 price sticker on them but when we get to the till they scan at 30 bucks. So of course I pipe up about the SCOP and how he gets $10 off....the lady working the till first tries to tell me that we need to call the number on the little SCOP sticker and talk to them and thats how you get the discount. And when I told her, no, you give us the discount at the till...she calls a supervisor over who then tries to tell us we don't get the discount because the price is on a sticker and not on the shelf....is this correct? She did end up giving us the discount, but I'm wondering if it was right?
    This thread is currently associated with: Walmart

Trading Score
    141 (100%)

You are only eligible for SCOP if the price is inaccurate from the shelf price. If it is stickered SCOP does not apply, and you would only get an adjustment down to the stickered price.
    *****Don't you wish you were earning free gifts and rewards too?*****
    Join me at SWAGBUCKS and you could earn $450 a year just like me AND ALSO
    Register with iRazoo where I have earned $135 in amazon gc's in under 4 months

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

If the item has a price sticker then no SCOP but you should get the item for the price sticker price.An example of a SCOP at Walmart in Red Deer on Saturday the price on the shelf for Aunt Jemima pancake syrup was $2.97 but I was charged $3.47.I go to customer service and say I was overcharged the lady at customer service calls I guess someone who works in the grocery department.I think I signed a piece of paper and she wrote on my receipt and I got $3.47 back.
    Last edited by Poirot; Thu, Oct 20th, 2011 at 03:06 AM.

Krystal
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Oh okay...so if there is a price right on the item but it scans higher then the SCOP doesn't apply? Hm, learn something new every day I guess Thanks!!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Hi, I worked at walmart for a while and i've been in nearly every department but mostly customer service and dealing with SCOP.. Yes, you can apply scanning code of practice, it's "when an item is scanned higher than the listed price. i.e. sticker, shelf tag, etc. you get 10$ off the shown price if it's above ten dollars, and if it's below ten dollars you get it for free. "

Say they had a clearance rack and a pair of shorts labeled $3 and it scans at $5 . you get that for free because it's SCOP.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I think part of the reason they only match the price on stickers and not the additional amount off is because it's very easy for individually priced products to wander from their original location.

Back in the day, I worked in the DVD/CD/Gaming dept at Best Buy and we had different DVD titles all over the place. It was very hard to find every single location they were hiding at to change the price, and then there's customers who put stuff back wherever they like on top of that.
    My favorite breed is RESCUED!

Thread Information