User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    mhk
    Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    69 (100%)

I am going to watch from the shadows as well. I did the Dr. Bernstein diet for a while, and its tough, but great for quick weight loss. Very pricey though.... so I quit, and am just trying to eat better and not too much junk.

I am still laughing at Blk_Rose's comment ! hahahah

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    39 (100%)

If it happens to fall on my son's party day I will just have to miss the first one.

Any updates???
    I got weighed and measured at the gym I even know my BF%. I have 35 more lbs to lose (originally had 50 lbs to lose) not too shabby!!
    I am going to go to the gym at least 3 times a week ( don't want to overdue it and stop going!!) and, of course, keep up with eating healthy

Krystal
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

mhk, I started the Dr Bernstein diet on Thursday and it lasted till Saturday. I can't exist on that much food per day. Plus I have 2 nice big black bruises on my butt from the shots. Yesterday I was so hungry I almost passed out..and the suggestion of "drink some water" really wasnt going to help LOL, I need foooood!!!!

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

WTG!!! That's awesome!!

I went for a run yesterday, and used my bf's gym equipment he has installed around the apartment. That's as far as I've gotten lol. Just got back from holidays, and decided, this is enough! Time to lose the weight!

Quote Originally Posted by Daisiefire View Post
    Any updates???
    I got weighed and measured at the gym I even know my BF%. I have 35 more lbs to lose (originally had 50 lbs to lose) not too shabby!!
    I am going to go to the gym at least 3 times a week ( don't want to overdue it and stop going!!) and, of course, keep up with eating healthy

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    44 (100%)

Working on my eating - I'm tracking on MyFitnessPal under the name HLaRochelle if anyone wants to journal that way - it's free and they have apps for all the major smartphones.

mhk
    Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    69 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by CouponNinja View Post
    mhk, I started the Dr Bernstein diet on Thursday and it lasted till Saturday. I can't exist on that much food per day. Plus I have 2 nice big black bruises on my butt from the shots. Yesterday I was so hungry I almost passed out..and the suggestion of "drink some water" really wasnt going to help LOL, I need foooood!!!!
    I found that after I gave it up, and started eating regular aka junk I chunked up a bit again, so its got to be a lifestyle kind of change. I found my skin and general health to be better too - although I was a "little" cranky most days.

I agree, you can't live on that much food. I drank a lot of tea (with the disallowed milk ) and flavoured my water with splashes of grenadine or any sweet syrup - just about a teaspoon in a large glass of water.

My secret weapon was SALAD! No dressing - if you want a quick and easy fix - get the McD salads or the Subway one - just no dressing and you are good. I ate all of them and was under the radar for burning. Otherwise, I bought the romaine hearts (3 to a package at Sobeys, Superstore etc), and baby spinach or chopped up romaine in bags, or prebagged salads. Its astounding what a huge plate 8 oz of salad is! Top it with chicken breast. Chop up your roasted chicken breast (3.5oz) on it (I grill my chicken breast - marinate in lemon juice, splash of teriyaki sauce, pepper, and some hot sauce etc) for about half an hour before.

For beef I buy minute steak. It feels huge because its pounded so thin, and grilled, on top of a salad its delicious.

Another thing is try to not eat fruit at night because the burning will not show up. Found out the hard way.

I did not burn too much (as I would cheat with full fat cheese and pop beans and stuff) and did not lose as fast as the program wanted. They docked my fruits but I would eat them anyway.

All in all, Dr. B is good, but only if you are good to yourself.

Sorry about the bruises, I found that it depends on who jabs you and how. I started taking them in my stomach, and once after a B6? (Wednesday) jab, I had a lump which lasted almost a month.

I went to the west end clinic. All the nurses there are wonderful, but there are some more gentler than others.

Are you still on, or did you quit? All the best.

If anyone wants tips etc or to join Dr. B, you are welcome to pm me.

Deal Hunter
    Trading Score
    72 (100%)

I invested ina Gowearfit also known as the Bodybug that the contestant wear on the biggest loser. I bought it when it was on special but it runs at about 150 dollars. You can search for a discount code on line and usually get another 10% off. It is a little mashine that was Godsent. It measures how many calories your body burns in a 24 hour period. It measures your moderate to intense activity and what you burned during it. It even shows you your sleeping patterns and how many times you woke up and for how long as well as how many hours of solid sleep you got since sleep is super important to weight loss.
    You can also log in all your food on their website and keep it below your daily burn and vola your losing weight just like that..
    When I first started using it I lost over 25 lbs effortless. I was wearing that little thingevery day and always needed to know what my burn was.
    My husband got one too after he seen my results but he never worn it as much as I did.
    It was definately a great investment to make and I would get it again.
    For those that cannot affort new, they are constantly on Ebay as well.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

My definition of exercise:

chip go in mouth
    arm go in bag
    chip go in mouth
    arm go in bag
    chip go in mouth
    arm go in bag....bag empty

waddle to pantry.

Arm go in pantry.

Chocolate bar go in mouth...

Well...you get it.

Seriously though i just watched a Dr. Oz about P90X....I kinda want to drive as fast as I can to buy the dvds. They say 10 mins a day. I'm all over that business.

Trading Score
    90 (100%)

Hey guys, sorry I suck! This was our first big move so I vastly underestimated the time we would need to clean our old place and move (with a 7 month old ). I will read this thread and start the weekly thread as planned ASAP!! I'm really sorry!

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

I'm glad it hasn't started yet...I have been eating SO badly these last few days...cake and pie...

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Inlovewithblue View Post
    Working on my eating - I'm tracking on MyFitnessPal under the name HLaRochelle if anyone wants to journal that way - it's free and they have apps for all the major smartphones.
    MyFitnessPal is the best! If you're already addicted to your phone it's not hard to enter what you eat. There's a bar code scanner which works great. Nothing I eat hasn't been on there. I've lost 10 lbs with it already. I'm addicted!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    44 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sd123 View Post
    MyFitnessPal is the best! If you're already addicted to your phone it's not hard to enter what you eat. There's a bar code scanner which works great. Nothing I eat hasn't been on there. I've lost 10 lbs with it already. I'm addicted!
    Too cool, didn't know about the barcode scanner!

I'm down -2.5 lbs this week. woot woot..... been working on getting in my calories and water this week, next week we're going to step it up with my pedometer and getting more exercise!

mhk
    Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    69 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by LG1385 View Post
    I'm glad it hasn't started yet...I have been eating SO badly these last few days...cake and pie...
    Its the cold weather. We want to hibernate - but eat before we do!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    50 (100%)

I've been following the dr berstien diet (not the program as its very expensive) but a friend of mine went on the dr. B diet with the b6 and b12 shots they give you and lost a ton of weight very quickly.
    But its between $500-1000 monthly.
    So she give me the diet with the foods to eat, and what not to eat.
    I started Monday, so today is my 6th day WITHOUT any cheating what so ever, and I'm down 9 pounds as of this morning
    I have been also swimming, going for late walks, etc.
    The diet restricts carbs, thats the toughest part, but I've been doing well so far

Trading Score
    90 (100%)

Okay guys, get ready for it! LOL I'm going to pick a date real soon for our first meet-up. Any suggestions? I am thinking North side for this, there is really no other option for me this time (SO is working most weekends and I have no ride other than my mom). So please let me know what you guys think!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information