User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: cosmetics vs cancer ?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Kelso View Post
    Just read today about Johnson & Johnson paying $72 million in damages because baby powder causing ovarian cancer. Go figure.
    I was going to mention this, years ago I was told by a doctor never to use baby powder on a baby, it's the worst thing out there. Also you see commercials with new moms spraying Lysol all over the baby's crib, inside the baby's crib, claiming to get rid of germs, this was another one of those worst products!! I watched a program, I think it was W5, wow what a scary eye opener that was!!
    I try to be good, but of course I'm not doing the best I can. I dye my hair, and they say the dark colours are the worst, going into the hair follicles. I read an article, can't remember the name, but it something about by the time we get dressed in the morning we have already been exposed to 20 toxic chemicals, from the toothpaste,dental floss, soap, body wash, lotion, shampoo, conditioner, deodorant, perfume, hairspray, day cream, serums, make-up etc!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Kelso View Post
    I absolutely agree with you. It's better safe than sorry.
    Have you seen a Dettol advert on Canadian tv of a child sucking it's mother's jeans or shirt? Surely the kid ingesting the Dettol residue in the jeans and/or shirt can't be good? I've written to our Advertising Standards people asking the same question.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information