User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    CaToonie
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I am finally cancelling Rogers and going Cable free! My last bill was $90 and for what?! It is so over priced it is ridiculous...Netflix and online tv here I come!
    This thread is currently associated with: Rogers (Plus)

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Yeah! Join the club! It's not so bad, really! You find time for all sorts of things when you aren't stuck in front of the TV watching shows
    ~*~I take proofreading, writing, and lettering commissions~*~
    ~*~Send me a private message for details!~*~

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

I've been thinking of getting rid of Rogers TV but I like watching shows and am sure I could find online but with no TV the kids will be fighting over the laptop and ya, still thinking. Maybe i will get them a laptop for xmas and go from there. Only 13 weeks you know.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

DH keeps planting the idea in my head. I don't know if I can do it! He mentioned there are 16? channels you can still get over the air. Oh joy! What did people do before tv's?
    nothingfancy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My Rogers bill is outrageous but I have cable , highest pc connection , telephone and cell. I need the phone because with Rogers it's unlimited calling around Canada and the US. My family & friends are all in the US.
    My husband has made many complaints to them after looking over the bill and false charges or saying we have a service that we don't. They have taken them off.
    The cable is constantly and issue and really now do we need 10 channels of the same thing and my all time fav...the cottage channel , fireplace channel , sunset channel , aquarium channel and hello the Swiss Chalet rotisserie channel. I'm also tired when they say a show will be on and it's not on. If it wasn't for certain deals I get which honestly is not much besides the free calling...I would dump them in a heart beat.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

We have rabbit ears (or did) and just had to buy the digital convertor thing it was $50.00, but we get Global, CTV, City, ONMI, TVO, and a whole bunch of french ones, they play everything I really watch.

I'd love the food network and my DH would love the Speed channel, but yes its so expensive!

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

We got rid of our Rogers home phone and got Magic Jack. Works good not sure what we spent around 150 for it including 5 years service n u can call anywhere in canada and usa for free. Had for a few months now and like I said works like a regular phone except you have to plug into a computer. The neat thing is if you go away and if you have a laptop you can bring your home phone with you wherever you go.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I am not surprised to see that I am not the only one!

Trading Score
    83 (100%)

We just completely downsized at Rogers during DH's strike. We went from VIP with TMN to basic cable and we're cancelling our internt and phone and moving over to Tech Savy. For the same price we were paying for internet alone we'll be getting 300 GB of useage (with Rogers only 25 GB!!!!) and home phone with 150 minutes of long distance.

I got a PVR for Christmas last year and it plays movies and TV off the USB stick, so anything that's not on TV I can just download. I might get rid of Rogers altogether if there are that many channels available for free!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Let me know what you think of it...and do they serve all of Ottawa?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

our phone and internet have been with TekSavvy for a couple of years now. we have no complaints whatsoever. we've had a couple of issues (2 or 3 times) with losing our internet connection. but their customer service and technical support is great and our connection was restored by the end of day.

they do service all of ottawa.
    nothingfancy

SMRT Canuck
    Trading Score
    101 (100%)

There are some great websites that let you watch almost every movie and TV show out there for free, dont know why you would pay for something when you can do that.

Trading Score
    33 (100%)

We are thinking about making a switch for cable tv and internet but haven't yet. DH did a one year contract with Rogers to get a better rate almost a year ago now, so we will decide what to do when that expires as we don't want to pay cancellation fees.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

We've used Bell, MagicJack, TekSavvy and now Vonage, which is the best value for quality we've found.

Our internet was TecSavvy, switched to Rogers, continue upgrading every 6 months to a bigger package.

No Cable, but we watch a lot of "TV" online. Lots of stations put their programming on their websites now. Tried Netflix but cancelled because everything seemed really out of date. Bunny ears still work great (our TV was manufactured in the last 5 years, so no need for a converter box, it was built in ). Actually because the signal is digital now, bunny ears work even better than before.
    Simple Cheap Mom

Earn Amazon and Pay Pal giftcards for surfing the Internet! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/addsup

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Our family has cut the cord also, watching Netflix, and then using Streaming Guide www.streaming-guide.com for online TV listings. The latter has over 1000 free online TV shows listed that are legally available in Canada...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information