User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Is it possible to do couponing in Thunder Bay? I am interested in saving money and maybe starting a stock pile. Any help/tips would be amazing.

Thanks
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Sure, there's a few of us from Thunder Bay on here.
    "Never will you get a better psychological subject than a hungry cat" Dr. E. Thorndike
    "Never ask a hungry cat whether he loves you for you alone" L. Camuti

beks
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I find it hard to do couponing in Thunder Bay. Stores have a limited competition and charge high prices as it is. All I do is find a sale and add my related coupons to the sale price to lower prices even more.

Advice is.... do not watch Extreme Couponing gets you hooked on great savings but can not do in this remote city like ours.

If anyone has any tips ... I would greatly appreciate it tooo as I am very disappointed now... I feel like I don't save enough.

sorry for being a downer...

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Beks View Post
    I find it hard to do couponing in Thunder Bay. Stores have a limited competition and charge high prices as it is. All I do is find a sale and add my related coupons to the sale price to lower prices even more.

Advice is.... do not watch Extreme Couponing gets you hooked on great savings but can not do in this remote city like ours.

If anyone has any tips ... I would greatly appreciate it tooo as I am very disappointed now... I feel like I don't save enough.

sorry for being a downer...
    Beks, I'm in Thunder Bay also and find the same deals everyone else does on this site. Walmart, Zellers, Safeway, Can. Tire, etc all have the same stuff and same prices as other cities so you can get the same deals they post on here if you have the coupon for it. I'm saving a lot off my shopping bills.
    "Never will you get a better psychological subject than a hungry cat" Dr. E. Thorndike

beks
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I do save money at all those stores as well... I'm just saying at the grocery stores on the extreme couponing where you can stack coupons, double coupons etc to the point where you get carts full of FREE products is unrealistic in Thunder Bay. I coupon almost all my purchases and do reduce my bills considerably but am a bit obsessed. Guess that is where the disappointment is in .... it just doesn't feel like enough savings. LOL

I think I am going a little loopy .... obsessed with saving money and addicted to couponing.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Well I'm from winnipeg and am moving to thunder bay come september ad you can't get grocery carts full of free products anywhere in canada. I thinks it's a states only thing! But if you watch your sales enough you can definitely start a stock pile of some things! i have a year supply of razors, shampoo, deoderant, shaving cream, tooth paste and tooth brushes for my boyfriend and i and i got that stuff all for free!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Carlyn89 View Post
    Well I'm from winnipeg and am moving to thunder bay come september ad you can't get grocery carts full of free products anywhere in canada. I thinks it's a states only thing! But if you watch your sales enough you can definitely start a stock pile of some things! i have a year supply of razors, shampoo, deoderant, shaving cream, tooth paste and tooth brushes for my boyfriend and i and i got that stuff all for free!
    Welcome to Thunder Bay (when you get here). Have you been here before?

beks
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Welcome to Thunder Bay !!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hello and welcome to our city. I love Winnipeg, I get there a couple of times a year on business and when I can for fun too. I lived there 10 years ago and worked at HSC. I miss the shopping, seriously.

I've just started on this coupon journey. Up until now, I have been saving money at Superstore Warehouse Club...purchasing bulk, but not really couponing except when I was a new mom and made out like a bandit at SDM. Where are the coupons? Seriously I checked Chatelaine and Canadian Living...no coupons? I scored some from Superstore yesterday but I know those tear pad coupes don't have much of a trade value.

Anyone want to give me some starting points?

beks
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have found that when someone on this site mentions that Metro has new coupons out ...you need to get to the store right away and even then you are lucky if there are any around.

I like to go to Northwood Foods. I find quite a bit of coupons there. ( I also leave alot around in the store myself for others.)

Also get your coupons from the source in the newspapers once a month or so.

The coupon site '.ca' has a link to coupons from 4 or 5 different sites...I like to start there when hunting for the mail ins.

beks
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

oops can't put in the site addy ....sorry!!!

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

nice to see so many from thunder Bay. I find a fair amount of coupons.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    14 (100%)

Hello to SC'ers from Thunder Bay! I used to live there a few years ago-as a student I went to Lakehead for 4 years. Especially miss the city around this time of year when I used to travel back for school.

sto
    CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hi! Just getting started here. Wondering if anyone would be willing to pass on their knowledge!!!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I started with the inserts from the newspaper, picked up some from the grocery stores and lots on web sites. Links are everywhere.
    There is a list on here that tells you when the inserts will be in the paper. There is the Smart Source, Red Plum and P & G inserts. The first two come out about once a month. The P & G seem to come out just before the expirey of the last, about every 2 -3 months. Smart Source has a new web site set up now that you can print from. P & G has one and they mail them to you. GoCoupon will send you coupons that you select. Once a week if you choose. There are very few choices though. Red Plum only has a US site to print from so far as I know.
    To keep track of the deals you really, really need to come on here. My daughter keeps me up to speed most of the time with this site. I try to come to the 'Forum' page almost every day.
    Hope this helps those who need it.
    Pamela Hamlin of Thunder Bay, ON

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information