User Tag List

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm just going to straight up complain.

So many of you know that this Saturday is the 20x the points when you spend 50$+ or more. So, I went to SDM at Wonderland and Commissioners. In my basket there was 50+$ worth of products. I took the basket to sit at the chairs beside the pharmacy. Apparently to the owner and pharmacist of the store I was mighty suspicious to had taken off my jacket, set down my bag and looked over the products I was to purchase. I became even more suspicious because I needed my calculator and coupon binder to check how much I was to pay (due to a snag with limited supplies.) I realized it wasn't worth spending 50$ today because I was going to go back tomorrow. So I was nice and put back the items back because I didn't want to leave a full basket laying around.

To repay my kindness the pharmacist decided to interrogate me...twice. Once before I took off my jacket and the second time when I'm almost done putting the stuff away. She asked me what I was doing. What could I have been doing with a cart full of stuff. Did she think I was going to walk out unnoticed lugging a heavy full basket? Apparently so. The second time she asked me again what could I have been doing. Oh, I wanted to come to Shoppers and touch everything then put it back on the self. What could someone be doing at Shoppers other than shopping?

I don't know if she was pissed because I was a couponer or because my jacket was red. I couldn't stuff my backpack with a bag of milk. Also, I'm a regular patron of that Shoppers. She'd done my medication.

So I handled it nicely and asked her what she thought when she questioned me. I got a reply "What did you think I thought?" If I knew I wouldn't have asked.

Ending of this story, I was so happy how she treated me I am never going back again. Plus that SDM is too small half the products on the flyers weren't available.
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

holy Bleep.. how rude.. I've NEVER been treated that ever.. and I've shopped and 'returned' several items a few times.. reassessing what Im doing.. maybe my store knows better than to question me after 10+ years of being a customer.. I'd be calling HO. thats uncalled for.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Im so sorry that happened to you.... you should write to their head office, no ones needs to be treated like a criminal when you coupon !

I was a little put out at No frills yesterday (hamilton/highbury) I had over 10.00 worth of coupons and as you know the cashier needs to call over a sup to do the override. Well the man that came over was either the owner or manager. He did the overrides and while he was doing that he said "I hate that show, worst show on tv! Well didnt I feel about 2 inches tall... he might as well have said "I hate coupons and people who use them"!!!!!! I think Im going to shoot of an email to their head office. A manager should never have that kind of attitude, otherwise he should change careers!!
    Last edited by scrapyddm; Sat, Oct 22nd, 2011 at 08:08 PM.
    $5.00 OFF I've been using Flashfood to get huge savings on groceries. I thought you’d want to try it out. Use my invite code for a freebie: https://flashfood.app.link/h49poEm9AP

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    holy Bleep.. how rude.. I've NEVER been treated that ever.. and I've shopped and 'returned' several items a few times.. reassessing what Im doing.. maybe my store knows better than to question me after 10+ years of being a customer.. I'd be calling HO. thats uncalled for.
    It was very upsetting. I'm glad yours treat you better. Though I have been a customer of there's for over 4 years that doesn't change much. I did call the HO it's a lot better than saying anything to her at the spot. My friend was working there too. I didn't want to get her fired.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by scrapyddm View Post
    Im so sorry that happened to you.... you should write to their head office, no ones needs to be treated like a criminal when you coupon !

I was a little put out at No frills yesterday (hamilton/highbury) I had over 10.00 worth of coupons and as you know the cashier needs to call over a sup to do the override. Well the man that came over was either the owner or manager. He did the overrides and while he was doing that he said "I hate that show, worst show on tv! Well didnt I feel about 2 inches tall... he might as well have said "I hate coupons and people who use them"!!!!!! I think Im going to shoot of an email to their head office. A manager should never have that kind of attitude, otherwise he should change careers!!
    Thanks,
    I'm sorry that happened to you. It was only 10 dollars why would someone be so upset? If he was skilled he would've had no troubles doing it and went along with his day. Also, you're right he is in customer services after all. He's not even losing any money. If I get that type of treatment, I won't return to the store. Good luck with the email.
    It's not just the show, people just have less money in general. Would he rather people starve because without coupons people cannot buy food?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    49 (100%)

sorry to hear what happened,maybe go to another store. I was at Fresh Co today and had no problems and I PM from like 5 different stores and used coupons the cashier was super nice and even liked my coupon binder

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    56 (100%)

wow people in this city are insane! I wish I knew what was going on. Sorry to hear about your experience at Shoppers, i dont like that one because it's too small. I go to the one at southdale and jalna, seems to be alright there.
    I was at no frills at southdale and montgomery yesterday and the stock boy was rude to me because I took 4 ziploc, apparently there was a sign that said LIMIT 2 that was in the box on the display, how was I supposed to see that? I went to a different no frills and the girl was amazing and let me use a bunch of coupon zone coupons to get some for free.

Sadly some stores have nice employees, some are brutal.

Always always always complain though. You are not a door mat or a piece of garbage like these people seem to treat you. Hold your head high, go home and get them in trouble for being ignorant.
    Last edited by matchstix; Sun, Oct 23rd, 2011 at 01:59 AM. Reason: typing error

Thread Information