User Tag List

Thread: Dollar Stores

April
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Has anyone come across any dollar stores that take coupons? I tried at the Nothing Over $1.25 store and they said they don't take them.

Anyone else tried anywhere else?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Dollar store use coupon? I never heard that.

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

Most dollar stores won't take coupons because they use buyers in China to get bulk shipments directly from overseas which are then distributed by either their own supply chain via a third party carrier. (A good example is Argus Carriers in Burnaby takes care of a few Dollar stores). Another reason is that a lot of the products are bought at wholesale discounts from the manufacturer because they are old stock. Chocolate bars are a good example of this. The chocolate bars in dollar stores are older than the ones you would find replenished consistently in a Superstore. The dates are closer to expiring or have even in some cases already expired but are still good for many months because of the sugar content. My brother worked at the Cadbury's in Hamilton and he provided that insight to me warning me to not buy dollar store chocolates.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by truckerofbc View Post
    Most dollar stores won't take coupons because they use buyers in China to get bulk shipments directly from overseas which are then distributed by either their own supply chain via a third party carrier. (A good example is Argus Carriers in Burnaby takes care of a few Dollar stores). Another reason is that a lot of the products are bought at wholesale discounts from the manufacturer because they are old stock. Chocolate bars are a good example of this. The chocolate bars in dollar stores are older than the ones you would find replenished consistently in a Superstore. The dates are closer to expiring or have even in some cases already expired but are still good for many months because of the sugar content. My brother worked at the Cadbury's in Hamilton and he provided that insight to me warning me to not buy dollar store chocolates.
    Thanks for the info. Now I know why dollar stores can offer so much lower price. I never tried coupons in dollar stores.
    Free $175 CASH BONUS open Tangerine bank account $50=chequing, $25=savings, $100=savings program use 36121543S1as the'orange key' CAll1-888-826-4374 refer family/friends,$50 to you + $175 to them Earn up to $3,250 Visithttp://www.tangerine.ca/en/referafriend/index.html

Mario's best friendლ(ಠωಠლ MangoFruit's Avatar
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Have you tried using coupons at Dollar Giant? It use to be quite popular, but I don't know about now .
    I've gotten more than 300$ of gift cards. You can also do so by joining swagbucks:
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/MangoFruit
    Also, Start out with 25 points on SUPERPOINTS: http://superpoints.com/join/airujo

Trading Score
    81 (97%)

or dollarama.

try there? i think they still take them?

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

no they don't take coupons I would never eat chocolate bars from dollars stores; greeting cards yes but the more expensive cards from Hallmark, Carlton, or better yet go to Michaels and pick up cardstock, and stamp pads and rubber stamps and make your own greeting cards

Thread Information