User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    50 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avrose View Post
    my oldest (almost 12) always finds me tearpads in the stores, and my little on (just turned 9) just helped me clip coupons the other day. She also made me this one!
    i love this

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

My 10yo DD2 helps. even though she gives me coupons I don't need at times.
    She has her own stash as well.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    19 (100%)

Awesome shares!!! I know couponing can be very boring for children! My son knows we don't buy the treats he wants unless they are on sale, and we have a coupon. Unless it's something that I can't get a coupon for and it's on sale for a good price! We all know what it's like when you have picky eaters, sometimes you gotta get give in, lol.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    19 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    Great teaching your 3 year old some good money saving strategies very early.
    WTG.
    Thank you! My husband and I both grew up with very little money in our households. Many Christmases would pass where I didn't get any gifts, which would mean my bday too, since it's early Jan. I was even homeless for a few months when I was 10. I know the importance of saving money (like we all do here) and I want my son to learn respect for money. I know at that age, it's very hard to explain, Daddy makes X amount of money and after bills are paid, we have X amount to spend. But it's a great thing for kids to learn there isn't a dollar bill burried in the backyard sprouting roots, lol.
    Last edited by leda; Sun, Feb 26th, 2012 at 09:44 PM.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

I have a neice who's 5 that loves couponing with auntie. Apparently at home she drives my brother nuts; but he loves me for it. He coupons on occasion too because of her. She won't let him walk out of the store if there's a tearpad next to an item and he doesn't use it. Hahaa, that's my girl! :D
    She comes over to my apartment a couple times a month just to ask me what I got for free in the mail, and what she can have too... Little stinker..
    Last edited by kokobear666; Sat, Oct 29th, 2011 at 08:59 PM.
    Open for all coupon trades!
    Join Swagbucks for free money!

Shameless Reps FTW krysta lynne's Avatar
    Trading Score
    22 (100%)

My oldest (almost 12) always finds me tearpads in the stores, and my little on (just turned 9) just helped me clip coupons the other day. She also made me this one!
    So freaking cute
    Feel free to use my shop.ca referral link! Tons of products and great deals! http://www.shop.ca?plcktb=ZwVwXmoC0

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

Both my kids love to help out with couponning. Most of the tiem they are the one telling me that a product has coupons on them and what they are for. Funny how we can raise them.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My oldest (almost 12) always finds me tearpads in the stores, and my little on (just turned 9) just helped me clip coupons the other day. She also made me this one!
    Hahahahaha I love it!!! This was the LOL moment of the month...I especially like the "you can only use this coupon once but don't worry I'll make more."

Good job to all you SCers for teaching your children and family the value of money and involving them in couponing.

Learning to Relax NovaScotiaGirl's Avatar
    Trading Score
    67 (100%)

Yes my DD is my super scout for tearpads, just today at Walmart I picked up some Benlyn ones and went to walk away she said dont you want the blue ones,lol I guess the ones on the bottom were different and I totally missed it, AND now I have a couple stackables for cold season I was super proud of her eye to detail.

Trading Score
    47 (100%)

My kids are so funny with the couponning. Once, they wanted to go do something. I said, Okay let's do it. They wanted to know where the coupon was for the outing. I had to explain more than once we don't always need a coupon to do something but they felt weird not having a coupon. Too funny!
    My 9yo DS now asks how many coupons I have at checkout to figure out how long it is going to take us to check out. They do love the couponning though, especially when I bring home a new Wii or game, etc. like I did yesterday.
    Just joined Kiva.org, an organization that funds micro-loans to people in developing countries. I love the idea that the $25 I saved in groceries can be given to a fish woman with 5 children in the Philippines to help grow her business.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    19 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by NovaScotiaGirl View Post
    Yes my DD is my super scout for tearpads, just today at Walmart I picked up some Benlyn ones and went to walk away she said dont you want the blue ones,lol I guess the ones on the bottom were different and I totally missed it, AND now I have a couple stackables for cold season I was super proud of her eye to detail.

Good job!!!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

My boys have been getting couponing lessons since June... they especially loved the General Mills free ice cream coupons, they taught their friend who was stay8ing with us to spot the boxes as we shopped. I have handed my 11 year old son a handful of coupons, some change and an item for SCOP to show him how easy it is to do these things. He walked out of the store with his 5 almost free vim (3 cents for all 5) and a free scrubbingbubbles from SCOP. He knows free is good, he now needs to learn patience (our CT is soooo slow when it comes to coupons and SCOP)! He is constantly at me to let him fill the gas tank and use the gas coupons so he can keep the CT money.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    27 (100%)

MY 3yr old daughter LOVES coupons! My husband has nicknamed her "coupon nut jr" lol... She gets my expired coupons and absolutely HAS to go to coupon zone at Superstore before we get groceries...lol
    I gave her a couple expired coupons one day and she wanted to go shopping and I told her we didn't need to and she got upset and said " but mommmy! me got me coupons like you, me want to shop!" lol... she'll even sit and look at the flyers with me while I do my match up...
    My 1yr old son on the other hand, just loves throwing them around...lol

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

So adorable! I bet they'll grow up to be a great money saver

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

my youngest daughter helps with couponing clipping organizing every week my oldest has no interest!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information