User Tag List

Trading Score
    21 (100%)

I understand that if you shop very early or very late you can get discounted meat (meat which is about to "expire")

Where do you get your discount meat, what grocery chain and location and around what time do you go?

I get lucky at Clareview Superstore with dairy products and produce between 7-8:30 a.m. on weekends but i never find meat.

I'm especially interested in ground beef.

Thanks
    This thread is currently associated with: Real Canadian Superstore RCSS

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Safeway is the place to go for discount meat. Look in the hotdog/sausage area as well as the fresh meat area. I don't see ground beef very often but I do see ground chicken/ turkey a lot. This is usually the best store to buy discounted meat/dairy/bread and first thing in the morning if you can get there. Try different safeway stores and you will notice which ones are quite well stocked with discount meat and which ones are a waste of your time.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

walmart has discounted meat quite often in the morning a lot of times there is ground beef.

Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Thanks to all who replied....those that pm'd me as well. I will check out safeway, walmart and valco foods early in the morning this weekend.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I just went to Safeway at 8:15 this morning and got sausage sticks, 6 pack of donuts and already cooked bacon for $5! The sausage sticks and donuts I can throw in the freezer for lunches and the bacon is still good until the 13th of Nov. There was lots of discounted bread, donuts, fresh pasta, lunchables, sausage, steaks etc. This was Safeway on Wye Rd. in SP.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I stumbled upon the meat rack in Safeway yesterday. Went early 7:15 AM and was able to get all my meat for the month at 30 - 50% off (add on top of that the 10% discount for the first tuesday of the month and I really felt like I scored!!!)

Thread Information