User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: on FB .... Coupon abuse!

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

If the coupon was like infamous aspirin coupon then she wouldn't be doing anything wrong. I know that people were ordering aspirin ahead of time to use the coupon for overage but it never had restricitve wording!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by JennyFromTheRock View Post
    ok, I have to post here!! First of all, about the gas card offer, that was my post, and I had actually posted the 3 ways to get them and was quite clear that it was on-going until Decermber 31st!! Secondly if its a printable coupon, you have the right to print ans use as many as you would like. Secondly - its a bottle of medication, which will be used, either by her family or will go towards her donations which she regularly does. Thirdly, if a company wants to limit the amount of coupons a person can get, they all have the ability to use the bricks printer service which will do just that. If they choose not to, then they know people will print many.

Personally I never shop using overage - but thats only because I dont have to, but I do stack at london drugs - so really, neither is worse than the other.

Please dont bash people, if you dont have anything nice to say, just dont say anything. PS. Im also an administrator on that page, so to bash a whole page since you dont agree with one particular thing ( multiples for overage ) you could point that out, but dont just start on the whole page, its hurtful to me who has never done anything to any of you.

I dont think it is so much that people are upset at her using them for overage or quantity, but the fact that the coupon clearly states ONE COUPON PER PURCHASE, PER PERSON. This would be abuse of the coupon. I think couponing here in Canada is hard enough, we really don't want to lose these extras and make it any harder.

Trading Score
    195 (100%)

Sometimes truly and honnestly, stores would rather have a person use 10 ( or more ) of the same coupon in one transaction than suppliy the staff and manpower for a person to go through 10+ transactions with one each time.

I have the $1 off Stouffers Bistro coupons ( not a printable ) and I received 25 in a trade last week, I wasnt aware when i traded for them that it stated "one per customer" as I have had plenty of the $1.50 off bistro coupons in the past and they did not say anything like that.... so regardless, I went to no frills with my husband and kids with every intention of me, him and my daughter each purchasing one each, then back of the line and again and so on until they were gone - but when I got to the front of the line, I rang mine in and the cashier who was also the manager asked if the next order was mine too and I told her it was my husbands and showed her the coupons.... she said not to worry, and that it was much easier on them and more productive to let them all go through at once - and I didnt go there to bend rules - sometimes the cashiers are the ones who make those choices.
    Please Help My Friends Neice Win Wal-Mart's "Mom of the Year" to win $100,000 for "The Canuck Childrens Hospice"
    http://www.momoftheyear.ca/mom/?mom_id=23512
    A Brave Mom of 3 lives every day knowing her baby will soon pass away. PLEASE Click to read her story and vote!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    128 (100%)

i had to make a comment it just is not right
    Last edited by tanyamcn; Sat, Oct 29th, 2011 at 07:47 PM.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Honestly, I just don't get it; I mean if people are that bothered by the behaviour just stop reading it in the first place.

I'm not saying that one person is wrong or right over another; no-one was there when she used the coupons, so you really don't know, and I'm also not standing up to support her, I think I've checked her page once so I don't know her or how she coupons in the least. What I don't agree with is publicly hanging someone for something without every possible piece of information, or posting on her FB page.

All it makes me think of is this:

So really, if her page, someone else's page, or a post on SC bothers you THAT much, is it really worth spending your personal time trying to 'right a wrong'?

/soapbox off

Trading Score
    141 (100%)

Honestly people should just move on, and stop trying to police other people. If you don't like what someone has to say don't read it - move on.

I agree with KrazE!! Thumbs up
    Last edited by luvfreestuff; Sat, Oct 29th, 2011 at 07:56 PM.
    *****Don't you wish you were earning free gifts and rewards too?*****
    Join me at SWAGBUCKS and you could earn $450 a year just like me AND ALSO
    Register with iRazoo where I have earned $135 in amazon gc's in under 4 months

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

One per customer means 'one per customer'. Why is it okay if the couponer and the cashier both disregard the rules? Two wrongs don't make a right....

Trading Score
    45 (100%)

Join GROUPON for incredible deals, click here

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by celestial_2003 View Post
    Yeah but i love arguing with her lol.
    prove her wrong or that she isn't following rules and she ignores you or removes you all together
    You can't argue with people like that because they don't think they are doing anything wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by JennyFromTheRock View Post
    ok, I have to post here!! First of all, about the gas card offer, that was my post, and I had actually posted the 3 ways to get them and was quite clear that it was on-going until Decermber 31st!! Secondly if its a printable coupon, you have the right to print ans use as many as you would like. Secondly - its a bottle of medication, which will be used, either by her family or will go towards her donations which she regularly does. Thirdly, if a company wants to limit the amount of coupons a person can get, they all have the ability to use the bricks printer service which will do just that. If they choose not to, then they know people will print many.

Personally I never shop using overage - but thats only because I dont have to, but I do stack at london drugs - so really, neither is worse than the other.

Please dont bash people, if you dont have anything nice to say, just dont say anything. PS. Im also an administrator on that page, so to bash a whole page since you dont agree with one particular thing ( multiples for overage ) you could point that out, but dont just start on the whole page, its hurtful to me who has never done anything to any of you.

I actually think it's a good idea for this to be outed, newbies on here go and read that kind of thing and believe it's the proper way to coupon. If the coupons states one per purchase per customer then it was used in the wrong way and I highly doubt she did 52 transactions but if I am wrong sorry. I also don't believe in the old addage if you have nothing nice to say , say nothing. Sorry but saying nothing let's people get away with it.

Quote Originally Posted by luvfreestuff View Post
    Honestly people should just move on, and stop trying to police other people. If you don't like what someone has to say don't read it - move on.

I agree with KrazE!! Thumbs up
    I don't think it's a matter of policing people. I think that those kind of people will do whatever they like, it's obvious. However when coupon rules change you know where to point the finger of blame.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by celestial_2003 View Post
    Yeah but i love arguing with her lol.
    prove her wrong or that she isn't following rules and she ignores you or removes you all together

Common tactic of the interweb bully....I just 's...

Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Thank you mods for moving this thread
    Let's keep the coupon forum for posting about new coupons
    ......SEARCH USING SWAGBUCKS!.....
    ..................EARN $$$ FAST!..................
    .............Join using my referral..............
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/K8sFate

Trading Score
    148 (100%)

not cool

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by maddie2008 View Post
    lol

Trading Score
    56 (92%)

There is no difference between stackers using more than one coupon on one item than using more than one per person coupon. Each store has the right to accept it or not ...

If you use more than one of them in the life time of that coupon whether its in the same trip or another you are breaking the one per person as well so what is the difference? You telling me you will only ever use one of a one per person coupon the whole lifetime of that coupon? Doubtfull lol

for reference any of you finger pointers use more than one of the nivea blue coupon on one shopping trip? Well it was one per person too ...

Or the stayfree/carefree $5.00 WUB2 on a sale price when it clearly says reg price? Or the stayfree $2.00 printable on a sale when it states reg price only? I can find hundreds of those!

I am sure if I look through some of your brags you have used more than one one per person coupon (same shop or not) so please do point fingers

Or the dove coupons that clearly states two different products from different product lines ... not 2 of the bar soap because those are the same product line ...

Before you throw stones from a glass house you should think before jumping on a person

FYI no I didn't know the cashier who checked me out today and the Tylenol is 16 in a bottle use two a time is only 8 uses with two adults in my home with chronic pain (I have carpal tunnel and knee problems and my partner a bad back they will not go to waste by their MAY 2014 expiry date!) Oh and yes I donate A LOT All 52 of them are going to the old age home down the street from my house as I already have personal ones in my stockpile with the May 2014 expiry enough to last us a year or more
    Last edited by AmberLab; Sun, Oct 30th, 2011 at 08:28 PM. Reason: removed link

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Same thing with the Listerine one per customer. But ***** explained that you are still allowed to buy more then 1 per customer and I forgot how she explained it.
    As I saw she bought more then 1 and mentioned it. She came back at me with an explanation. So, I dunno!
    Last edited by Sally888; Sun, Oct 30th, 2011 at 07:33 PM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information