User Tag List

Trading Score
    11 (100%)

I was at Old Navy today getting a new coat that I needed (brag here), and I asked if there were any sales coming up that I might want to wait and buy then. She said there was a sale starting this Friday, all outerwear on sale up to 50% off. I bought the coat anyway, since I can get the price adjusted if it goes on a better sale, and it was the only one left in my size. Not to mention I need it now since the weather has gotten very chilly lately!

Thought I will give you all a heads up!
    This thread is currently associated with: Old Navy

Trading Score
    150 (100%)

they adjust ? I just bought my son a coat there today.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Are you kidding me?!? I just bought my son and daughter coats there today (30% off outwear sale), as well, and had a heck of a time!!! On top of the 30% off, I used my 25% off the entire purchase e-mail coupon. The total seemed a bit high to me so I asked the cashier if the discounts were taken off correctly and he assured me that they were. Of course, as soon as I walked out of the store I checked the receipt. Sure enough, the register didn't take 30% off 2 of my items, so I went back. Well, didn't that become a 25 min ordeal at the register!!! They kept trying to scan, re-scan, override, etc. and the price was not coming up correctly (eventhough with each try they were trying to convince me that it was correct). I was not impressed. Too boot, the original cashier didn't give me the cash bucks (for the current promo). I had to ask him for it! When I got home, I thought that maybe I should have put up more of a fuss! I think a gift card would have been appropriate for all of the inconvenience. If the coats go on for 50% off, I WILL DEFINITELY be going back for a price adjustment. Hopefully, that transaction will go more smoothly than today. Anyway, lesson learned...always check and double check your receipts!!!

Bargain Hunter
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i was there today and she handed me the flyer that starts november 4th it says 30% off all outwear..... funny thing is online oldnavy already has the 30%off and free shipping over 50 i asked them about this and they do not match their own online prices lol

Trading Score
    11 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Mommy Of 3 View Post
    Are you kidding me?!? I just bought my son and daughter coats there today (30% off outwear sale), as well, and had a heck of a time!!! On top of the 30% off, I used my 25% off the entire purchase e-mail coupon. The total seemed a bit high to me so I asked the cashier if the discounts were taken off correctly and he assured me that they were. Of course, as soon as I walked out of the store I checked the receipt. Sure enough, the register didn't take 30% off 2 of my items, so I went back. Well, didn't that become a 25 min ordeal at the register!!! They kept trying to scan, re-scan, override, etc. and the price was not coming up correctly (eventhough with each try they were trying to convince me that it was correct). I was not impressed. Too boot, the original cashier didn't give me the cash bucks (for the current promo). I had to ask him for it! When I got home, I thought that maybe I should have put up more of a fuss! I think a gift card would have been appropriate for all of the inconvenience. If the coats go on for 50% off, I WILL DEFINITELY be going back for a price adjustment. Hopefully, that transaction will go more smoothly than today. Anyway, lesson learned...always check and double check your receipts!!!
    Sorry you had such a horrible time. I was able to stack the normal sale, 25% off purchase, 10% SPC discount, as well as the Superbucks promo there today with no issues whatsoever. The cashier just kept scanning stuff and touching stuff on the screen, and bing bang boom, it was done. I will be going back with my receipt on Friday to see if the deal is better than all those sales and promos!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

does anyone know what the time limit on price adjustment would be? 30 days maybe?

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Price adjustment limit is either 7 or 14 days

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    31 (100%)

The price adjustment is 14 days. I always carry my receipt with me just in case they have a better sale price and they adjust it with no problem, even items on clearance and they later would mark it additional 50% off.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilacmommee View Post
    The price adjustment is 14 days. I always carry my receipt with me just in case they have a better sale price and they adjust it with no problem, even items on clearance and they later would mark it additional 50% off.
    Thank you!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

thanks for heads up. I need a new coat this winter

Thread Information