User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Dry skin

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Honey, a natural remedy for dry skin, is a substance that is healing to the skin. When applied to the skin healing and hydration. It helps dead skin cells move from the surface and stimulates the renewal and regeneration of skin tissue.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I like Neutrogena Ageless Continuous Moisture Night cream. It's not oil free, but it's not greasy at all. Just the perfect balance.

Natural ingredients are actually bad for sensitive skin. Especially if the sensitivity is a mild allergy. A lot of plant proteins can cause irritation. Look for something with little fragrance and non-comedogenic instead.

You could also look for moisturizers with hyaluronic acid. HA are highly hydrophilic. It actively drag moisture from the environment to your skin.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

how about the oil-control product? Mine is oily, oops!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I think other than having a lot water may be harmful for you without consulting a beautician or professional because sometimes few chemicals are not suitable for me and cause irritation and burning so first consult to your beautician.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by robert12 View Post
    Hey the base of rose water and glycerin would be effective for sensitive skin and also its a natural with no side effects. Good luck.
    yep rose water spritzed on the face after a bath/shower is really good for acne as well, i ve heard. its also a good moisturizer but not as effective as a cream. u could try non-greasy baby oil. it absorbs into my skin after a few minutes and leaves a nice healthy glow.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    158 (100%)

Being that I have sensitivites and allergies to a lot of different things, I would suggest the you first try a milder wash first. Most times i find that what you use to wash your face is causing a lot of the problems with the dry patches and oily skin. I used to have really bad oily skin, that would get dry scaley type of patches. The more oil that you take out of your skin can cause you skin to go into overload producing sebum to restore the oil, and most washes have sulfate which can serious;y dry out sensitive skin.

Take this for what you will, but I no longer wash my face with any wash's, I use an oil cleanser ( yes you read that right, oil to clean oily skin). I use a lightweight safflower oil and gentlely rub it into my face and give myself a face massage. The oil loosen's the oil trapped in your pores and the massage helps push the oil and grime out of the pores, I then spritz with either rose water and glycerin on a good skin day, or a homemade acne treament of colloidal silver, tea tree oil or Lavender, and witch hazel. At night before I go to bed I also use an olive oil and coconut oil mix as a night cream. These are all things that you can buy in a grocery store or healthfood store, other then the essential oil of tea tree and lavender, those I very strongly suggest you find a reputable company or healthfood store that provides food grade essential oils. I buy my supplies at Nutter's.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

For dry skin I really recommend hyaluronic acid. From Wikipedia : Hyaluronic acid serum is a common ingredient in skin-care products.Until recently, hyaluronic acid fillers were injected using a classic sharp hypodermic needle, cutting through nerves and vessels, causing pain and bruising. In certain cases, the hyaluronic acid fillers results in a granulomatous foreign body reaction.[59]

The serum basically binds water and keeping skin more hydrated; it's also naturally found in the body. Some good hyaluronic acid serums include Cosmetic Skin Solututions B5 hydra gel. Skinceuticals also makes one but it's pricier. I usually apply it right after I was my face and under my daily moisturizer or sunscreen. The serum will enhance the moisturizer's hydrating capabilities.
    Last edited by jcao; Sat, May 16th, 2015 at 07:58 PM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Carrrro333 View Post
    My skin burns me, I have very sensitive skin and my Halloween costume is made of a fabric very strange and I was wondering if you knew what is the best non-greasy moisturizer please ...
    You might want to try jojoba oil. I burnt my hand when removing a mac cheese from the oven a few weeks ago. Very small burn but it left a brown burn mark and I have been rubbing jojoba oil in every night and it is slowly disappearing.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by AddyB View Post
    You might want to try jojoba oil. I burnt my hand when removing a mac cheese from the oven a few weeks ago. Very small burn but it left a brown burn mark and I have been rubbing jojoba oil in every night and it is slowly disappearing.
    I can also totally recommend jojoba or coconut oil and it is not greasy at all when you apply it after the shower when the skin is still slighty wet. It gets absorbed very quickly and is proabably the most natural moisturizer without nasty ingredients.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

To resolve your problem my suggestion is to try some natural and good supplement for dry skin.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

olive oil best for moisturizers skin....lol

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Coconut oil all the way...make sure it's the organic / natural type.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Spread Vaseline thinly on your face before you go to bed at night, it will help

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information