User Tag List

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hello Londonners,

Anyone get those new recycling bins from the city? I live in Zone E and if they came, I never got one.

When i moved here, I didn't have any to start with and I spoke to waste management and they're moving toward banning those clear blue recycling bags (except for shredded paper) because here in London, they don't recycle bags like in a lot of other cities. Looks like i will have to get bins. I have nice small bins around the house but I'm sure they'd get stolen if I put those outside. It's certainly going to be a challenge for me to lug bins to the curb and then go get them again due to disability.

Anyone know if there are white markers out there to mark unit numbers and where to get those? I'm hoping if my unit number is clearly marked that perhaps someone might remember it's the wheelchair unit, and might bring it to my door as a random act of kindness.

I'm quite happy about more and more recyclables. London is still behind many other cities- larger and smaller in size, so I'm always excited to get my new recycling calendar every year and see what more I can do. I can't wait for the green bin. Composting isn't possible for most multi-dwelling complexes.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

I was told by the end of October everyone should have them.. we saw them being delivered in one neighborhood two weeks ago.. we just got ours on Monday.. .. so you still might get them.. call the city and ask.. as for losing the bin.. we get clear recyling bags from Costco after losing 2 blue bins too.. now we just fill the bins in our house. then empty into the bags on recycle day..
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    56 (100%)

We got ours in westmount a few weeks ago. I know what everyone means about people stealing blue bins though. I bought a brand new one when i moved here, used white nail polish to put my unit number on it and it lasted 2 recycling days. I use the plastic blue bags too because I don't want any more stolen. But honestly, who is so tacky they steal a blue bin?

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

my neighbors

then mark over after 'rubbing 'off the old number ya real classy..
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    56 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    my neighbors

then mark over after 'rubbing 'off the old number ya real classy..

wow seriously? i always wonder how people can be so tacky that they need to steal a recycling bin!!! if they can't afford one maybe they should just throw it in someone elses or in the trash, rather than offend other neighbours by stealing.

makes you wonder about their morals thats for sure!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    49 (100%)

all of zone E gets them?? cause I haven't gotten one yet.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Sabina, still haven't gotten mine in Zone E. I'm really looking forward to getting mine.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Im zone E as well and dont have mine yet either

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    49 (100%)

maybe its going by last name cause my starts with a V

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

I got my new one two weeks ago. I am happy to not use plastic bags any more!! We fill the new big one and a normal size one easily in a week. I can't wait for the green bin program, we have a compost, but we can only use so much mulch every year!

Aftering composting and recycling we only have a bag or two of garbage everyweek, mostly cat litter and diapers (both terrible for the environment). My goal is to get the garbage down to one bag a week!

As for stealing blue bins.... who does that?? Until now I have never heard of someones blue bin being stolen!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    49 (100%)

Oh yes people do steal them, I have seen it my parents got theirs stolen. and my friends husband works for carpet cleaning place and when he goes to the same place ever week and just sees them sitting there he will take it( normally its one left behind by the people cause they moved and didn't take it) if his got stolen/broken

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I saw them delivering some blue bins but I didn't get mine and neither did other multi-dwelling complexes in zone E.

Thread Information