User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Head Lice

Trading Score
    44 (98%)

Hubby took them in this morn to school to be checked.... They found nothing!!

Not a single bug, nit notta. The hours n hours of picking thru their hair paid off. We have to recheck everyone's hair everyday for the next 2 weeks, and I have a mountain of laundry to be doing but we're on the home stretch???

Thanks for all the tips & suggestions!!

I'm A Couponista addict kellyschool1's Avatar
    Trading Score
    84 (100%)

My GF swears on a "lice comb" she calls it. She bought it from the health unit. I think it was 20.ish , I reallt dont remember exactly so please dont quote me. For the boys shave their heads and treat. the girls treat and do up their hair everyday!!! Never let them go to school with their hair down.

My gf uses the comb and thats it. She says its a special comb. she also has a very keen eye and can spot those suckers a mile away. When her kids get lice she does that and they are gone.. of course with other treatments as well.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Something I've had in my household since the kids had lice when they were younger was tea tree oil. I put 2 drops in the shampoo while it's in my hand and scrub (this helps with the smell.) If you're only treating Jimmy and his brother has it or even his mom it's going to keep coming back. If mom's not willing to go thru the trouble of the actual treatments and combing of hair then maybe get her a bottle of the oil and hopefully she'll start using it.
    I was actually thinking we were over the stage of it and then my oldest DD came back from camp with it and she was 13

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

My little sister got lice a lot when she was in elementary school and my mom started using vinegar and mineral oil to treat them, it worked really well and was a lot cheaper then buying the lice treatments (you just have to keep it covered with a shower cap or in our case my mom would use cling wrap lol for about 30 minutes then pull all the nits out) it also makes your hair feel really soft after as oppose to drying it out like the treatments do

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

If anyone is looking for Tea Tree Oil, I found a good-sized bottle of it at Costco for about $12. They were by the Bandaids in the toiletries area. I personally can't stand the smell of it, but I guess you aren't using it for its scent!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

use kwell shampoo (generic name: lindane). very effective
    SambaDays.com - golf trips, wine tasting, rafting, paintball, skydiving, race cars, getaways, big city fun... Give a unique gift experience to someone today!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    81 (100%)

When we had a bout of lice, I tried the over the counter stuff and it was horrible.

What worked for me, and worked well, as 1/2 oil + 1/2 vinegar. Cover the hair in that and put a plastic bag over the head and let it soak for awhile. Wash out normally. The vinegar kills the bugs and the oil soften ups the nits, making them easier to remove.

We washed everything in hot water and pillows/blankets went in the deep freeze for a day or two.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information