User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    I'm A Couponista addict kellyschool1's Avatar
    Trading Score
    84 (100%)

I have told someone I know that I would send their kids a xmas present. Its a boy 12 and a girl 10. I have never meet these kids and prob will never meet them. I dont think I will have a problem buying for the girl. Prob go to ardenes and get her some girly hair things, nothing big but a lil something. I still have to ship it to the states...I have no idea on what I can buy for the 12 yrd boy?????

Is there gift cards you can buy in Ontario for the united states? I would much rather just send them a few dollars on a card in a christmas card so they can buy there own...

HELP!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

maybe a gift card for Itunes-- he could download music and I think games.

Trading Score
    84 (100%)

That could be a idea. Thanks for replying. I am really looking for advice and it seems no one is willing to share but you!!! TY

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

i wonder if you can order US giftcards online with a canadian credit card.
    i know starbucks gcs will work in the US but i guess he's a bit young for that
    you could order some Amazon.com gift codes. they carry a lot of products so i'll sure he'll find something he likes.
    Enjoy chatting on forums or blogs? Get paid $0.05+ per post at Postloop!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    60 (100%)

12 year old boys are tricky . I think the iTunes card would be a great option...surely he could find something there

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

How ironic that I would find this post!! i am in charge of buying gifts for the christmas baskets for my church...and I have 5 13-year old boys to buy for!!! ACK!! I have no idea...and I have 2 13 year olds at home! It's always easier to buy for your own....and not for kids/people you don't know! lol...In my case, I can't exactly give them a gift card as I have no idea if they have a pc or ipod...Good luck to you!
    Blueyedmama

josask
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

I would go the gift card route for both. itunes would be very popular with my 11 yr ds and 9yr dd, and mine both like books also. I suspect you could purchase amazon.com online and ship directly to them. Amazon has a lot of items not just books so I'm sure any kid could find something there.

Trading Score
    44 (100%)

I wouldn't do i tunes...not all people have/use that. I don't know how getting gift cards for the states works, but if you figure it out I would suggest Wal-Mart since there's likely one close to wherever they live. Or send cash and save the hassle/cost of shipping a gift? But that's not really a "present". I guess you have to decide on why you are sending them something...because their family can't afford gifts? As a fun surprise? You could always take a chance and get the boy a "Ripley's Believe it or Not" or "Guiness World Record Book"...even if they aren't big into reading there are lots of fun facts and pictures...they have them at Costco for $15.99.

claires mommy too! <3 gracesmommy's Avatar
    Trading Score
    392 (100%)

hmm.. 12 yo old boy can be tricky. i know when my nephew was that age he liked models (not the lady kind - well yes, probably the lady kind but not what im talking about). what about something like that?

Trading Score
    84 (100%)

All very good ideas! I always like to do what I say and of course my heart is way bigger than my wallet. I have a penpal. We have been writing for almost a year.. Hes in jail. It was my suggestion that I send them something prefer make it from him. They dont know who I am , hence when I wrote I will never meet them above. My penpal has never ever asked me for a thing besides a letter back. I asked for the kids address and he wrote it back to me. He told me his 2 kids live with a realitive... never asked where the mother is.. Thought it would be nice to send something to kids from their father, but he insists it be from me . Maybe tomorrow I will go walk around and see what I can find thats small to send them. I dont want to ship it ... $$$$$

Trading Score
    84 (100%)

What about a visa/mastercard gift card????

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    81 (100%)

I have a 12yr old boy and he loves his Lego still. Lego sets have a pretty big price range, from inexpensive to OMG.

Trading Score
    150 (100%)

I have a soon to be 13 year old son. He has a variety of things on his list including some lower cost items like dvd's and cd's and books.

Trading Score
    84 (100%)

My son is almost 10. I asked him tonight what he would like if he was 12. Well he started listing stuff he wants this year for xmas and said when he was 12 LOL. GOd love him lol.

Why couldnt it be 2 girls LOL. Maybe I can find a lil comic book or something. I do have a 5.00 off card for chapters from the swiss chalet meal .. good on books lol

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

does the boy like any trading card games?
    they would be easy and cheap to ship along with the girl's accessories
    Quote Originally Posted by kellyschool1 View Post
    What about a visa/mastercard gift card????
    other gcs are better unless the boy plans on using it online.
    visa/mastercard gcs have an activation fee of about $5
    Enjoy chatting on forums or blogs? Get paid $0.05+ per post at Postloop!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information