User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone

Just a question... how early can you start showing symptoms of being pregnant?

Do you normally wait until you miss a period to take an at home test?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    50 (100%)

I'm sure you will get many opinions on this one!

With my first baby, I didn't realize I was pregnant until after my period was due... It took us a long time to get pregnant, so I had stopped taking tests all the time. One day I realized my breasts were hurting, and my husband said "you're probably pregnant" and I was This was like a week after my period was due.

With this pregnancy... I swear I knew I was pregnant a couple days after we "tried" lol. My husband thought I was nuts, but I was positive. I took a test a week before I was due, and it was positive!

In my experience, I recommend tests that use pink dye instead of blue. The blue dye ones can be harder to read, they show evaporation lines often. (once again, in my experience.) I find pink dye tests are very no nonsense, you can read it really easy.

Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Thanks for your reply!

How can I tell which tests have the pink dye or blue dye? Sorry if this is a stupid question... but does it say somewhere on the box? lol *shrug*

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

First Response pregnancy tests can be used 5 days (or 6?) before your expected period. I used FR for both pregnancies, and both results were accurate and easy to read. My first pregnancy, I tested before I had any symptoms.
    nothingfancy

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

With both my pregnancies I knew before my period was due - my breasts hurt so much. And then about 3 weeks after my period would have been the nauseau started!

Trading Score
    50 (100%)

Usually you can tell the dye colour by the picture on the box I also like First Response.

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

This time, I had an incredible cramp when the egg implanted, followed by a gush of blood.

You can usually feel symptoms pretty early. Fullness/bloating/crampiness, and sore breasts. They seem to occur for me days before a test will show positive.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

With all of my pregnancies I found certain smells, esp coffee,made me sick about a week before I was due my period. That was my first sign.

After that it was achy boobs and feeling "off"...just generally different IYKWIM.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

probably should have put at warning message in the thread title for the boys to stay away! LOL!!

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Good question indeed-- for me, the earliest sign with my first was the insistence by my sister's boyfriend at the dinner table on thanksgiving weekend that I must be pregnant. Was I sure I wasn't pregnant? Cuz I really 'looked' pregnant. Well have you checked because you really look pregnant etc etc. At the time DH and me were engaged but not married and coming from a Catholic family, well, needless to say that being knocked up out of wedlock was a bit of a no-no in my parent's house.

omg. Sister's b/f wouldn't shut up about it so I went home and did 4 (yes, that's 4) home pregnancy tests to prove him wrong. I was darned sure those first 4 were faulty so I went to my family doctor the next day and he nearly laughed me out of his office.

So.....first pregnancy was obviously a surprise and I hadn't been "looking" for signs of pregnancy (and therefore didn't notice them)--but damn, after 5 positive pregnancy tests, it certainly explained why my boobs were so freakin sore and I had heartburn from hell.

Second pregnancy, the boobs were a dead giveaway--well before the missed period even.
    "Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken." Oscar Widle

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

sore boobs, nausted 2 days after it happened with this time, , got tired after sleeping all night and wanted to go back to sleep after being up for only a few hours, but sadly i was out geocashing with my mom last thursday night and i fell hard on a rock, plus had a postive test a week before, then did another one sat morning it was still postive,
    Last edited by Mamaelmo; Tue, Aug 23rd, 2011 at 12:23 AM.

Trading Score
    44 (100%)

I didn't have any early signs, at least nothing that I noticed other than missing my period. It wasn't until the morning sickness kicked in at 13 weeks for #1 and 8 weeks for #2 that I even felt different at all. Strange I know, since everyone else seems to know right away. My sis-in-law is 100% she felt herself ovulate both days she got pregnant! I figured it wasn't worth wasting money on home pregnancy tests by taking them too early so I waited until at least a week after missing my period.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

the earliest signs that I had at 1 1/2 - 2 weeks - boobs got bigger overnight and I was nauseated.

Trading Score
    239 (100%)

I missed a month, then thought it was nothing cause I started spotting and thought I was back on track...then suddenly it stopped again... A few days later, my boobs really started hurting and hubby made a joke that I must be pregnant, I was a little scared and talked to a friend of mine who brought me a test at work...I took it and it said positive, but I didn't wanna believe it (we weren't trying, I was on the pill). I brought another one home and took it again, and it said positive, so we knew...went to the Dr to confirm, and voila!

But like somebody else said, it could be different for alot of women, so your symptoms may vary from others...

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

nothing too obvious (except with 1 pregnancy) - until my 2nd month.
    But the symptoms i did feel in my 2nd month was - fatigue, nausea, sore breasts and MORE fatigue.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information