User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Trading Score
    44 (100%)

good idea to post 2010ontest!! thanks
    this is going in my referance subscriptions
    Last edited by caroman; Thu, Nov 3rd, 2011 at 08:58 AM.

Trading Score
    228 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeniana View Post
    I don't have a link to the thread, but this information is on Canada Post's web site: http://www.canadapost.ca/cpo/mc/pers...addressing.jsf

Another tip for traders - remember to include your username on the envelope or on a note inside it

Thanks for posting this

Trading Score
    195 (100%)

would anyone ever actually cut out one of those business stamps and use it?? Its comming sense that they cant be used!! They are billed to the business!!
    Please Help My Friends Neice Win Wal-Mart's "Mom of the Year" to win $100,000 for "The Canuck Childrens Hospice"
    http://www.momoftheyear.ca/mom/?mom_id=23512
    A Brave Mom of 3 lives every day knowing her baby will soon pass away. PLEASE Click to read her story and vote!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    114 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    As Jeniana's image, include your postal code beside City/Prov so the computer can read it - if you put it on a new line the computer doesn't read it and it gets separated for sorting by hand increasing the chances of it going astray and delaying it
    I totally didn't know this...I was always taught right from being a young child that the postal code gets its own line.

Trading Score
    394 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by JennyFromTheRock View Post
    would anyone ever actually cut out one of those business stamps and use it?? Its comming sense that they cant be used!! They are billed to the business!!
    Yes they are used by some people. I got this envelope in a recent trade. The "stamp" you see is stuck on. It went through the system okay. I took it to the main post office in downtown Vancouver and showed it to a staff person there. They said it was not valid postage and that it had been cut out from an envelope. I then took it to another Canada Post counter in a London Drugs store and showed them this and they said exactly the same thing.

Last edited by mcminsen; Fri, Nov 4th, 2011 at 07:02 AM.

Trading Score
    160 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mcminsen View Post
    Yes they are used by some people. I got this envelope in a recent trade. The "stamp" you see is stuck on. It went through the system okay. I took it to the main post office in downtown Vancouver and showed it to a staff person there. They said it was not valid postage and that it had been cut out from an envelope. I then took it to another Canada Post counter in a London Drugs store and showed them this and they said exactly the same thing.

Thanks for this scan Mcminsen.
    I'm happy to see I'm not the only one seeing this recently and post office in vancouver said also it was not legal use.
    Liberty of one finish where liberty of the other one start

Trading Score
    195 (100%)

The code on the "stamp" is the business's account number with canada post - if its used, the company is charged for it. So by using them - a person is stealing from those companies

Unless if course, the person who sent it to you had their own account and it came from there?

Another option is using the "print your own" postage option on canada post. Im not sure what the postage looks like that you print, but perhaps its one of those?
    Last edited by JennyFromTheRock; Fri, Nov 4th, 2011 at 05:15 PM.
    Please Help My Friends Neice Win Wal-Mart's "Mom of the Year" to win $100,000 for "The Canuck Childrens Hospice"
    http://www.momoftheyear.ca/mom/?mom_id=23512
    A Brave Mom of 3 lives every day knowing her baby will soon pass away. PLEASE Click to read her story and vote!

Trading Score
    160 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by JennyFromTheRock View Post
    The code on the "stamp" is the business's account number with canada post - if its used, the company is charged for it. So by using them - a person is stealing from those companies

Unless if course, the person who sent it to you had their own account and it came from there?

Another option is using the "print your own" postage option on canada post. Im not sure what the postage looks like that you print, but perhaps its one of those?
    Jenny, look at the first post please, you will see the printed one in red.
    Oh, and if you have already received one envy like the one Mcminsen have scanned, try googling the account number to see who the company is...
    Last edited by 2010ontest; Fri, Nov 4th, 2011 at 07:31 PM.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    209 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    As Jeniana's image, include your postal code beside City/Prov so the computer can read it - if you put it on a new line the computer doesn't read it and it gets separated for sorting by hand increasing the chances of it going astray and delaying it

How did I not know that?!? Great post.
    If you are interested in Houseseats here is my referal link:
    http://www.houseseats.ca/[email protected]

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Many people don't and it wasn't as much of an issue with their old sorting system but it does slow down mail in the new system and I read that mailsorters are given only a second to read the postal code when the machine is processing it before its rejected for manual sort so even more of a chance of human error too if they try to key it to stop the manual sort
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

I also definitely did not know that the postal code goes BESIDE the city and province. Wow. That's surprising!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

Thanks for the very informative well-researched post! Maybe it should be bumped every once in a while so that everyone is informed and no one can plead ignorance at misuse of stamps.

I think it would be pretty difficult to 'mistakenly' cut a pre-paid stamp from a printed return envelope and use it. I have hundreds of these post-paid return envelopes in my desk at work and it's pretty clear what they are for. In fact, it's so clear that it's not even mentioned in our 1 hour "Employee Conduct" webinar.

Trading Score
    62 (100%)

I agree, this is a fantastic post. Thanks for all the info!

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    332 (100%)

thanks for posting. Good to know.

Trading Score
    160 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by DianneS View Post
    Thanks for the very informative well-researched post! Maybe it should be bumped every once in a while so that everyone is informed and no one can plead ignorance at misuse of stamps.

I think it would be pretty difficult to 'mistakenly' cut a pre-paid stamp from a printed return envelope and use it. I have hundreds of these post-paid return envelopes in my desk at work and it's pretty clear what they are for. In fact, it's so clear that it's not even mentioned in our 1 hour "Employee Conduct" webinar.
    I also think this is a good idea to bump and avoid ignorance for the futur

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information