User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Banned
    Sexy Saskatoon (originally from Rider Regina)
    Trading Score
    126 (93%)

Just for some clarification on my postage.

CP letter to my fiance regarding his account and postal indicia. Date Nov. 2, 2011; received this morning. He took pictures and sent them to me, since I am in Saskatoon, and he is in Regina... I have blacked out the obvious (addresses/names/account numbers.)

Trading Score
    160 (100%)

Hi crispiecreme!

After seeing your letter I called again Canada Post to confirme the way to use correctly Canadian stamp, particularly business stamp.

The way it was used on the envy on Mcminsen post #20 is not the right way to used that kind of business stamp. This is what CP commercial service confirmed to me this afternoon. (I called the told free number 1-866-607-6301 found on Canada Post website on that page)

Quote Originally Posted by mcminsen View Post
    Those (like the one on Mcminsen scan) are the pre-print form of stamp, business need to pick-up the envelope with the stamp and addy printed, or the envelope with window and pre-printed business stamp (this allow you to print the addy on the letter and fit to the window). They are not supposed to be printed, cut and stuck on envelope. CP reconfirmed this to me this afternoon again. Yes there is possibility that the stamp use on that way go through the system, but if for any reason the envelope need to be sorted by hand, the envelope will be return to sender with the CP notice: "invalid stamp", because this is not the way to use that stamp (CP need to bill the business for the stamp used and this way didn't let CP count and charged properly).

Small business having an account number with CP could use printed type of stamp, this is true, but those stamp look like this:

The business need to get the machine to printed them, the machine is hooked up to the phone line and report the usage to CP for billing properly.

When I called CP today regarding the way business stamp are supposed to be used, the lady also told me, that a business stamp used on the way showed in Mcminsen post #20 must be reported to CP for investigation. That way, CP could call the responsable of the account number and see with that person if there was a misinterpratation on how to use business stamp and/or determinated if the account was used by someone else (not the business having the account number) in the fraudulent way and change the account number if this is the case.

I hope this explanation will help you and everyone on SC.
    Liberty of one finish where liberty of the other one start

Banned
    Trading Score
    126 (93%)

Well, at this point, I think this needs to be taken up with CP because we have two very contradictory explanations from CP - one in letter form that is signed and dated, and one that is verbal over the telephone.

Personally, I'm not overly worried about it. I will use stamps, on SC trades, so I don't have to get an earful from SCer's regarding the postage that I use. Furthermore, for those who 'alleged' that I stole and/or photocopied the postal indicia - the letter posted above (that is SIGNED and DATED) proves otherwise.

Thanks 2010ontest

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

The obvious answer is sticker form, if you glued it rather than use the sticker sheets they send for postage, the machine picks up on the glue and thinks it is fraudulent. Just have them send you the correct stickers
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

It also specifies it must be originating from SK and since ontest is in QC that would be an issue for them and increase the likelihood of it being returned as fraudulent
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Banned
    Trading Score
    126 (93%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    It also specifies it must be originating from SK and since ontest is in QC that would be an issue for them and increase the likelihood of it being returned as fraudulent
    Absolutely! I didn't know that part until 2010ontest sent the envie (and I inquired further into it), I did however apologize for that.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information